Cyborg series vs. Aquaman series based on Smallville appearances

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyborg He's better in every way

Comment

cyborg would be a much better series because he have battle himself as he becomes less and less human as far as the bionic enhancements he would receive, he would also also have to deal with maintaining a love life or lack thereof.

Comment

Cyborg all the way, it would make a far better show then Aquaman(which i don't find very interesting!). Cyborg is far cooler, then a sirene(man lol).

Comment

If they make a Cyborg series they have a multidimensional character with numerous story line possiblities. For instance Victor Stone on the run trying to get away from Luthor corp and the military. Helping people all over the country and learning more about his abilities and learning how to fix himself and become scientist. Is the real Cyborg a scientist like in the Teen TItans? The tv series can be Like the old hulk tv show.

An Aqua man series is too 1 dimensional, What can AC do besides talk to fish and throw water balls at people. I guess we are gonna watch him talk to his gold fish for an hour. The only possible storyline I can see for AC is for the writers to revamp all of the old Bay watch episodes but just add AC into the story.

"Next week on Bay Watch Aqua Man gets a tan, Also he talks to fish" AUUUUUUH

Comment

Wow, 89 to 5 votes favoring Cyborg. Yeah, great idea going for the Aquaman show, AlMiles.

What would have been cool about a Cyborg show is that maybe they could have had SV characters like Lex guest star on it sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by son2380
              If they make a Cyborg series they have a multidimensional character with numerous story line possiblities. For instance Victor Stone on the run trying to get away from Luthor corp and the military. Helping people all over the country and learning more about his abilities and learning how to fix himself and become scientist. Is the real Cyborg a scientist like in the Teen TItans? The tv series can be Like the old hulk tv show.
              Or like the really old Fugitive. What you describe would be great. I'd watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleFanBlue
                I think the possibilities for Episodes being various each episode is much stronger w/ Cyborg.. Aquaman would be limited, IMO, it would always have to be near Water..
                Cyborg can be just like Superman, cept the fact that Superman Can Fly, see thru things, heat vision, and super-speed..
                Cyborg has strength
                Aquaman can just swim fast, don't know how well a person who swims fast would do for a series on TV
                Superman (Smallville) >>> Over all since Clark can do so much
                They could always retcon stuff so to speak, make Aquamans water dependency less, give him that plot device "Water Hand" from comics, or increase his strength/durability.

To me I feel, not basing this on the individual Smallville perfomances mind you, that more of a plot/stories can be derived from the largely established Aquaman mythos though continuity would be a big deal.

A Cyborg series would feel thin for as far as I know, the character doesn't have an extensive mythos or as detailed background/surrounding characters made for him. While it would allow creative freedom for show producers/writers, it would be harder to introduce fans and have to keep testing out support characters. In Smallville, all they had to add was Chloe. For Victor, they'd have to create a whole new cast of people surrounding him and give him purpose/story that can carry on for seasons. Just don't see that successfully happening.

This particular episode of Smallville even, despite having a very talented actor, I noticed Jett Jackson (sorry can't recall his name ) seemed a little bland in some parts of the role. He didn't reallly have too much to draw from, despite his talents. Cyborg mythos just isn't very deep or substantive, as compared to say, Aquaman.

For that reason I feel TV execs would be more willing to invest in an Aquaman series, and it would do better. Once more comic stories are written for Cyborg, and applied and embraced by a target demographic audience, then perhaps a chance would be taken on it for an onscreen series.

Comment

That is not true. all you need is a good writer and good script and the show has possibilities. Unlike Aqua man who can only be in one geographical area Cyborg has the possibilities of going any where in the world including the water. He's not Aqua man if he is not around water.

Plus a good example of a no name comic character that became popular through media is Blade. Before the movie no one new who Blade was. But they created a movie on a character that no one new could bring money to the box office and it was successful and actually help spark the comic movie era. So to say that becaus Cyaborg is not one of the comic book elite characters that he wouldn't make a good tv series is crazy.

I would rather see a flash tv series over an Aqua man, at least his character is interesting, and I can actually see a story behind a flash TV series. Wonder Woman would be good but AC is not good.

Comment

Personally, I voted Aquaman but that must be because I'd rather see guys with washboard stomachs running around that guys peeling off skin to reveal machine parts.

The other thing is most people liked the performance of they guy who played Cyborg better than Aquaman If the SV writers didn't make him sound so annoying by saying "Bro" all the time, then we may have enjoyed Aquaman better.

I like the Aquaman mythos. Doesn't mean I don't like Cyborg because I do. I just like Aquaman and that he's the guy that wants to save the world not own it. The opposite of Lex. Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by jmf1
                      Personally, I voted Aquaman but that must be because I'd rather see guys with washboard stomachs running around that guys peeling off skin to reveal machine parts.

The other thing is most people liked the performance of they guy who played Cyborg better than Aquaman If the SV writers didn't make him sound so annoying by saying "Bro" all the time, then we may have enjoyed Aquaman better.

I like the Aquaman mythos. Doesn't mean I don't like Cyborg because I do. I just like Aquaman and that he's the guy that wants to save the world not own it. The opposite of Lex. Yeah.
                      Hey! I take offense to that. Living in a beach town, I tend to use "Bro" a lot in everyday speak.

As for familliarity with characters, for the poster above, that is usually a big deal for greenlighting shows.

Comment

I had to flip a coin to decide. I really like both. It was way too hard for me to decide. The coin landed on "head", which was the event that Cyborg would be chosen.

Comment

I'd like to see Cyborg. I might actually have watched that show.

Comment

Out of the two of them, Aquaman. In "Aqua", they establish that AC doesn't know the origin of his powers. So, a solo series could've explored that, along with AC's journey into becoming the king of Atlantis. Along with building towards meeting and marrying Mera.

As for Victor... When AC showed up, he was on a mission to stop Leviathan. He was being proactive. He had a cause. Victor was a victim, whom Clark had to save and keep safe (throughout the episode). When Victor reappears in "Justice", we learn that life hasn't been easy since his first appearance. He was living on the streets, until Oliver found him. Gave Victor food, shelter, and a reason to go on living. Looking at the two episodes, the show set up Victor as a constant, passive victim. Sure, AC got saved by both Clark and Oliver, but, in both situations, it was while AC was being proactive.

The show set up AC as someone who is proactive and goes around trying to make a difference. Victor, on the other hand, was set up as a constant victim, who needs to be rescued himself and is passive. He just follows some leader.

Not to mention, while AC would've had his mysterious past (and eventual destiny as the king of Atlantis. Who could've still had powers left to discover and develop), Victor would've had none of that. There is no mystery. He was a Metropolis High football player, who got into a car accident, then turned into a cyborg by some scientists. Sure, if they wanted to, they could've retconned him to have a more mysterious past. However, I fear that it'd end up feeling tacked on. Something that they threw together, just to make explorations of his background more interesting.

He gets his own show, and suddenly, they insist that there were a whole lot more going on behind the scenes. Not to mention, as they set the character up (a Metropolis native, who got into a car accident and was turned into a Cyborg in Metropolis), the exploration of which would likely require him to stay and operate in Metropolis. He couldn't move and operate in another city, in another part of the country. He'd be in danger of getting stuck in the city, that Clark and his friends are becoming more and more present in. Giving him constant access to them (rather than having to resolve the villain of the week plot, by himself). Why even both with a spin-off? Just make him a regular, supporting character.

AC wouldn't be tied down to either Smallville or Metropolis (as his origin isn't tied to either). "Prophecy" establishes that he operates out of Mercy Reef. Allowing an Aquaman spin-off to be located in another part of the country (Frasier, one of the most successful spin-offs had the main character move to the other side of the country).

Victor would have no new powers to discover, unless he gets upgrades. Upgrades he'd likely just get, to keep himself alive. Victor Stone is not like the other superheroes. He's a man on life support. As the years pass, he needs more and more upgrades, until he ends up looking like his comic book counterpart, to keep Victor alive. Not the most interesting character journey.
                            Last edited by jon-el87; 05-03-2020, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎