No announcement yet.

Just keep on lying!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwoodie

Now, I think she will find out on her own, and that could be interesting. But the fact that he doesn't tell her himself will mean that they can never be together again. Just knowing will mean a lot of (finally) answered questions for Lana, but the fact that he couldn't tell her himself will be a big deal for her.
    Yep, I totally agree.

Comment

Seems like the only way they can be together is if she finds out on her own. That way, he won't be able to do anyting about it. There are different versions from the comics, I think, as to how Lana knows, a) he tells her, or b) she just figures it out. Eventually (and they may drag it out until the end of the show), she *will* know, but maybe by then, he won't want her anyway, especially if she hooks up with Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobby4Chloe
        Seems like the only way they can be together is if she finds out on her own. That way, he won't be able to do anyting about it. There are different versions from the comics, I think, as to how Lana knows, a) he tells her, or b) she just figures it out. Eventually (and they may drag it out until the end of the show), she *will* know, but maybe by then, he won't want her anyway, especially if she hooks up with Lex.
        I'm thinking the only way they can be together is if he tells her. We already know from Reckoning that she will be okay with the secret if Clark tells her. But if she finds out on her own, her attitude may not be the same. The fact that Chloe knew the truth before she did will probably bother her, too.

I'm getting more and more confused over this story line. He always loved Lana, he always will. What about Lois? Knowing the secret will put Lana in danger from Lex. But isn't Chloe in danger, too, then? The more TPTB concoct reasons for Clark to keep his secret from Lana, the more convoluted this whole thing becomes.

Can he just tell her, already?

Originally posted by Liriel
        I disagree. He chased her whether she knew or not. She was going to get hit by a bus, whether she knew or not.

If Lana knew the secret (and Clark told her about the stuff Lex did) then Lex wouldn't be able to manipulate her, because she'd know what he was really up to.
        And I want to go back to this for a moment. The fact that Lana would have been hit by a bus in either case tells me that it's not knowing Clark's secret that put her in danger -- it's her friendship with Lex. In both cases, she goes to see Lex, in both cases, she gets hit by a bus. Only in the second case, Clark intervenes.

Clark should have realized this once he rescued Lana in the second scenario. And it should be even more motivation for him to tell her the truth and put an end to Lexana.
        Last edited by Watching Smallville; 02-18-2006, 01:47 AM.

Comment

We're just going to have to disagree on the whole Lana-in-danger-in general vs. Lana-in-more-danger-if-she-knows argument.

Yes, Chloe is in danger--as evidenced by Lex jumping on an opportunity to pick her brain, so to speak, in Tomb. He just doesn't have ready access to Chloe without drawing unwanted attention or raising questions. Perhaps he is plotting even now how to get information out of her.

The difference with Lana that he is romantically interested in her. This keeps him from crossing the line...Of course that could change.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the nature of his relationship with each woman is different. And that complicates his means to his end with each of them.

Comment

And I want to go back to this for a moment. The fact that Lana would have been hit by a bus in either case tells me that it's not knowing Clark's secret that put her in danger -- it's her friendship with Lex. In both cases, she goes to see Lex, in both cases, she gets hit by a bus. Only in the second case, Clark intervenes.

Clark should have realized this once he rescued Lana in the second scenario. And it should be even more motivation for him to tell her the truth and put an end to Lexana. [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't believe he isn't more upset about that too! After losing his dad and going through all that. I think I would be pretty upset at her. I wouldn't be surprised if he doubted her now. And that scene in 'Cyborg' where she let Victor leave, he looked pissed at her. She seemed like she knew they would argue about it too.

Comment

If Clark doesn't become a little more secretive with his abilities, he won't have to tell Lana. She'll see it on the evening news program on tv. Maybe that's why he has become so sloppy about using his powers in public and everywhere else. Maybe subconsciously he wants Lana to find out. He thinks his telling her his secret put her in danger. But, if she just happens to find out on her own, maybe his perception of the danger she'd be in would be more palatable in that the danger would seem less. (As I scrunch up my face wondering if what I just said is really what I wanted to say.) Anyways, he does want Lana to know about him. He just can't bare the thought of the possibility of her getting hurt or killed being related to his secret. He really is a nice guy. Just misguided sometimes.

Comment

Whether or not Lana and Clark are a still couple, he should still tell her his secret. You can't just get that emotionally, intimately, and physically close to someone, and not tell them who you really are. It's not fair to the person you are lying to.

If he tells her the truth, then she will accept him for who he is. Even if they decide not to be together anymore, she will still care for him. Now if Lana finds out on her own, and finds out that Chloe has known all of this time, then she may get very angry. And she would have every right to feel angry, hurt, and betrayed. She would think..."Clark thinks I'm good enought to sleep with, but not good enough to share his secret with?" That would hurt any person.

Comment

If Lana finds out on her own - great, and way back when, Clark probably should've said something. At this point, I have no desire to watch a Clana angst conversation about it at all and am not in favor of him telling her now. We know they're not gonna be together and have started to see the end of Clana - please, don't beat this horse anymore - what's the point? I haven't been a strong shipper anywhich way, after seeing Clana going "round and round" it's turned any "awe, that's cute" comments with them to "oh, vomit, not again" comments. If he was gonna tell her the truth, he should've done it a long time ago - not after we've seen a number of recent ep portraying the decline of Clana. So, instead of having to keep lying to her, it's time to just end it.

Comment

clark is dumb for not tellin her sometime after his dad died. lana is dumb for "trusting" lex more than clark recently and not finding out about clark in the first place.
                    their whole situation is dumb. and the writers are dumb for keeping this rollercoaster of a relationship, which started off as a Montu, but is now more like bumper cars.....going.

and im dumb for pointing out the obvious. have a nice day.

oh and Season 6 should be the last....the TV ratings would sky rocket cos of the superman movie coming out this summer, coupled with the fact that its the last season, and if they carry it on anymore it would be, well, u know...
                    Last edited by GooN; 02-19-2006, 05:33 PM.

Comment

"Yea. Somebody please stop the merry go round. I want to get off now."

I totally agree...Each Clana that I see know, my stomach turns into knots. Its so painful to watch anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ClLaLeChFAN01
                        "Yea. Somebody please stop the merry go round. I want to get off now."

I totally agree...Each Clana that I see know, my stomach turns into knots. Its so painful to watch anymore.
                        Yeah, I actually liked it up till season four, I mean they just kept dragging it out! Plus, Lois was on the show by then, so ya know.

Comment

Clana has always been lame! Bring on the Chlark or som Clois foreshadowing

Comment

Clana's not lame.

Comment

Clana is been like beating a dead horse since Season 3.

No one seems to say that he can't tell her the secret, because she doesn't have the capacity to keep it around Lex.

He saw right through her lie. Why in the world would Clark tell her the secret when he knows she's getting herself more entangled with the very person who can weasel the truth out of her?!!!!

Where's the logic in that?

Comment

Originally posted by asparks
                                She deserves to me lied to!
                                No one in a relationship deserves to be lied to or they should just end it. Lana is the one with the cahonies to ask the tough questions while our superhero stares into space. YES everyone is tired of the merry go roung because the writers can't get it right for any of the shippers. It has been stale since Aqua. Let Cyborg be the end of nothing and the beginning of a refreshing storyline. Just not Lexana. Bring in Mark from Kristin's "other show" at least they fought.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎