No announcement yet.

Just keep on lying!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daphne
    I don't think that the Lois /Clark relationship should be on this show either. He doesn't fall in love with Lois until he works with her at the Daily Planet. That's years away.
    I guess if the writers think the only way to keep viewers is to have a huge relationship thing going on then it will have to be Clana until the end..... But knowing that Clark and Lana don't end up together is one reason why the relationship on the show is so unfullfilling to me, I guess.
    I know a lot of people feel this way, and it's understandable. The inevitability of their relationship demise makes it hard to really get invested in them. Me, I have no problem with that But I understand that tendency.

Comment

I don't think that the Lois /Clark relationship should be on this show either. He doesn't fall in love with Lois until he works with her at the Daily Planet. That's years away.
      I guess if the writers think the only way to keep viewers is to have a huge relationship thing going on then it will have to be Clana until the end..... But knowing that Clark and Lana don't end up together is one reason why the relationship on the show is so unfullfilling to me, I guess.
      It's unfulfilling if it doesn't end properly. If it ends because Lex sleeps with Lana or something stupid like that, it won't be fulfilling. But if it ends with Lana knowing Clark's secret and she becomes his closest friend, and Chloe is out, then it will be fulfilling. You're right, the Lois/Clark relationship should not be on this show partly because Lois is a broken character right now. She is not in college and she doesn't work as a journalist. Why would Lois and Clark fall in love now? It would be another high school type of relationship because neither one of them knows what they want to do the rest of their life. I mean really, Clark is only in his first year of college at this point and he dropped out after Jonathan died.

Comment

• Considering how flagrantly they poo on canon, I don't think they will end up life long friends. They're not even really friends now. Lana's sneaking around Clark's back, teaming up with Lex and Clark doesn't tell her doodoo. And making Lana a martyr doesn't make any sense because he eventually does find someone and it DOESN'T interfere with his destiny. Let's face it, Lana's not cut out to be his permanent SO and painting it as the grandest sacrifice ever is just plain silly. I'd be OK if she just left him because getting strangled and possessed was just too much for her and he let her go because she's just too high maintenance.
        Last edited by mobiusklein; 03-01-2006, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• There's only one legitimate way for Clana to end that won't seem contrived to me -- and that's for Clark and Lana to realize that they don't really love each other. Not that the secret is too big, or Lex is in the way, or any of the other side-stepping tactics show has been relying on over the years. We've seen in Reckoning that Lana will really step up when it comes to accepting Clark's secret. Good for TPTB for showing us that. Clark knows it now. That excuse is gone. It's time for Lana to know the truth.

That's a prerequisite to presenting a real exploration of a Clark/Lana relationship instead of all this shadow dancing, and that would be interesting. I'd love to see them struggle through a romance that doesn't work and then find a way to remain friends. One of the problems with Clana is that it has no realistic dynamic. Either it's idyllic and on, or it's whiny and off. I can only remember them having one real argument that wasn't related to Clark's secret, and that was in Extinction when they were arguing over whether meteor freaks deserved compassion. I'd like to see more of that kind of exploration -- not necessarily arguing, but something of substance to show us what ties these two together or breaks them apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watching Smallville
            There's only one legitimate way for Clana to end that won't seem contrived to me -- and that's for Clark and Lana to realize that they don't really love each other. Not that the secret is too big, or Lex is in the way, or any of the other side-stepping tactics show has been relying on over the years. We've seen in Reckoning that Lana will really step up when it comes to accepting Clark's secret. Good for TPTB for showing us that. Clark knows it now. That excuse is gone. It's time for Lana to know the truth.

That's a prerequisite to presenting a real exploration of a Clark/Lana relationship instead of all this shadow dancing, and that would be interesting. I'd love to see them struggle through a romance that doesn't work and then find a way to remain friends. One of the problems with Clana is that it has no realistic dynamic. Either it's idyllic and on, or it's whiny and off. I can only remember them having one real argument that wasn't related to Clark's secret, and that was in Extinction when they were arguing over whether meteor freaks deserved compassion. I'd like to see more of that kind of exploration -- not necessarily arguing, but something of substance to show us what ties these two together or breaks them apart.
            Great insight here, especially about that Extinction reference. You're right, that's the only "philosophical" discussion I think we've seen between them that didn't last longer than 2 sentences of dialogue. In that way, Clark and Chloe have had WAY more talks like that.

The problem I have with the first paragraph is if it's not one of those things, then what would it be? I mean, Clark revealing himself to her is a forever thing and that bell can't be unrung. And if he does it so that she will know him completely, so they can be together, and she accepts him.... then what would it be that breaks them up? They can't agree on the color of the drapes in the Fortress of Solitude? Everything else seems very small by comparison. If they were to successfully get over that obstacle then its hard to imagine what would break them up for good, you know what I mean?

Comment

• Some times you just grow out of a person and have to stand for bigger and better things. They are so young right now.

Comment

Some times you just grow out of a person and have to stand for bigger and better things. They are so young right now.
                And Clark more than most people. Most people at their age aren't sure who or what they want to be and end up changed people over the next few years of life. That's why relationships during this period tend to fall apart as two people grow in different directions. But for Clark, he's *literally* going to be a different person in a few years, and once he makes that turn - accepting his destiny and moving to Metropolis to make it happen - there's no going back. That, to me, is why it works with Lois and doesn't with Lana. Lois will only really get to know him after he's made that turn, is more mature and they can grow together. With Lana, they're just going to grow in different directions, as is really true this season.

But what do I know? I married my wife when she was Lana's age, and that was 12 years ago... Nevermind, scratch that last paragraph

Comment

• That's awesome, my parents married at that age also and they will be married 42 years this year. I have tried to use the words "usually" and "most times" due to cool exceptions.
                  Yes, they will grow apart and Clark will realize his true destiny and then fall for Lois.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwoodie
                    The problem I have with the first paragraph is if it's not one of those things, then what would it be? I mean, Clark revealing himself to her is a forever thing and that bell can't be unrung. And if he does it so that she will know him completely, so they can be together, and she accepts him.... then what would it be that breaks them up? They can't agree on the color of the drapes in the Fortress of Solitude? Everything else seems very small by comparison. If they were to successfully get over that obstacle then its hard to imagine what would break them up for good, you know what I mean?
                    I can think of something from this year -- Clark says that Chloe cares more about other people than anyone he knows. Is that important to him for someone he's in a relationship with? It's this kind of substance -- what matters to someone in another person -- that we haven't seen. We know what Lois wants. What does Lana want, besides security? We've seen major crushing between Clark and Lana, but what do they have in common? I know more about what Clark and Chloe have in common than what Clark and Lana have in common. And why doesn't Clark trust her still? Is there anything behind that feeling other than less-than-stellar writing?

So I think there's plenty to explore -- and plenty to break them up or put them together, depending on what we find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watching Smallville
                      One of the problems with Clana is that it has no realistic dynamic. Either it's idyllic and on, or it's whiny and off. I can only remember them having one real argument that wasn't related to Clark's secret, and that was in Extinction when they were arguing over whether meteor freaks deserved compassion. I'd like to see more of that kind of exploration -- not necessarily arguing, but something of substance to show us what ties these two together or breaks them apart.

We've seen major crushing between Clark and Lana, but what do they have in common? I know more about what Clark and Chloe have in common than what Clark and Lana have in common. And why doesn't Clark trust her still? Is there anything behind that feeling other than less-than-stellar writing?

So I think there's plenty to explore -- and plenty to break them up or put them together, depending on what we find out.
                      And here is my biggest frustration with Clana. We know Clark has had a crush on Lana since Elementary School, and yet after 4 1/2 years of Smallville, there still isn't any substance to their relationship. We see that there's plenty to explore between them that is real relationship interaction, but we still aren't seeing it on the show. We should know more...or should have gotten more of what they have in common when they were still officially a couple. So now this weird winding down is hard to swallow.

They are young, and they are both changing. Even without Clark being Superman, they could be naturally growing in different directions. Unfortunately, we don't know enough about what they have in common to see them naturally growing apart. Secrets or no secrets, I wish they were more real as a couple. then the impact of the secrets might be ring more true.

Comment

• Actually, they do have one thing in common that has been made very clear. Secrets.

Comment

• They are both liars. And I wouldn't be surprised if they both had Dr. Fine as their professor. He can easily run between the 2 campuses. Man, I would love to see Clark's expression if he would run to Met U to see what Lana is doing to uncover his secret only to see Fine there. That would be a priceless scene.

Comment

• Uh oh, Lana has her suspicion that Chloe and Clark has something going on that she

doesn't know.
                            Originally posted by Liriel
                            See, that doens't make sense to me because in Reckoning events would have ended the same regardless of Lana's knowledge, if Clark hadn't know about the accident. Her knowing made no difference.

What Clark is doing is essentially letting her go into battle unarmed. He could at least tell Lana about some of Lex's more nefarious deeds (torturing AC, trying to put the chip in Victor, etc).

They've hardly ever talked to each other, even when they were living together the first time. I do not want to see Chloe tell Lana anything - it's not her place.

I don't know how close they really are these days. Chloe once regarded her as a sister, but they haven't been close since. And Lana's never regarded Chloe as family. They've been friends, but they've rarely opened up to each other.

I'd like to see more scenes like the traded glances between Clark and Chloe this ep and Lana noticing, so that Lana begins to suspect Chloe knows the truth.

Or catching Clark in lies - I assumed he was lying about having been at the DP with Chloe, and thought it might have been interesting if Lana caught him at it (because he didn't tell Chloe he was supposed to have been there, so she said something, etc.).

I thought they were going to play up the "best friend knows/girlfriend doesn't" theme, but they really haven't. Maybe towards the end of the season - it could be really great. We could either have a blow-out confrontation or Lana feeling betrayed and turning to Lex.
                            http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1923507#post1923507

http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...48#post1900848-Post #97 of 147
                            Also in that scene is the part where he mentioned that "he's afraid on how she will react" shows that Clark still fears the rejection on top of fear of harm but he should have rejected that notion cause he knows for a fact in 'Reconing' that she will react better.
                            http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...55#post1922455 unless clark knows/does something that hurt the relationship.
                            Originally posted by ISUZU
                            Did you see the look that Lana made when she saw Chloe and Clark stare at each other after Lana made the comment about the girlfriend not expecting to know Mr. Cyborg's secret since he was changed ? - I think in weeks to come Lana my ask Chloe if she knows Clarks secret. Interestingly enough in this episode Lana may have noticed Clarks "Quick Exits" - this usually triggers a suspicion in the Smallville women unless of course you are Lois. This episode may have opened up some background issues we were hoping for.
                            http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1886574#post1886574

How soon peoiple for get about Alicia who DID die because of his secret. and the fact that Clark is still young and worries alot and sti;; trying to get a sense of himself. and the strugle of a Hero is universal and Marvel can't patent that.

Last edited by RedQ; 09-01-2006, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎