Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois's supprise @ Chloe's mom

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't know for sure that Gabe and Ella were siblings. That has never been revealed in Smallville, to my knowledge (if I'm wrong please refer me to the epsode).
    Well, this is the logical solution, though. Lois didn't know about the heriditary mental illness, so it makes more sense that she's not biologically related to Chloe's Mom.

Comment

Originally posted by -|loner|-
      im not a pro on family relations since I really don't have any, but wouldn't that make them step sisters?

i thought that gabe would have a sister who married into the Lane crest and that couple had lois.

I'm probably just
      No it would make them cousins, Gabe is Lois' uncle, and that makes Chloe her cousin

Originally posted by Netmaster
      We don't know for sure that Gabe and Ella were siblings. That has never been revealed in Smallville, to my knowledge (if I'm wrong please refer me to the epsode).

Chloe said that she and Lois are cousins. If that is true,and they are blood related first cousins, then there are only two ways that Lois and Chloe can be related. ----- The above mentioned relationship is one and the other is -------

Lois and Chloe could also be cousins through Chloe's Mom and Lois' Dad being siblings. The last name Lane could have been the maiden name for Chloe's mother. This scenario could also make them cousins and account for Lois and Chloe having different last names.

So here are the only two ways they can be related if they are cousins like Chloe said (I doubt she was lying):

Lois' mother was Gabes' sister, or Lois' father is brother to Chloe's Mom (who's currently institutionalized). Those are the only two ways they can be real first cousins.

It's one or the other. So Lois and Chloe are kinda like sisters because they are blood related.

Ahhh I found it, it was from "Crusade" not Gone, this is what was said:

MARTHA
      (taken by surprise)
      Chloe? I didn't realize she had any family except for her dad.

LOIS
      When my crazy aunt went "Kramer vs. Karmer," Gabe cut the Lane branch off the family tree. But Chloe and I still managed to stay in touch.

Sounds like from that line Lois did know about Chloe's mom
      Last edited by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~; 02-10-2006, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
        No it would make them cousins, Gabe is Lois' uncle, and that makes Chloe her cousin

Ahhh I found it, it was from "Crusade" not Gone, this is what was said:

MARTHA
        (taken by surprise)
        Chloe? I didn't realize she had any family except for her dad.

LOIS
        When my crazy aunt went "Kramer vs. Karmer," Gabe cut the Lane branch off the family tree. But Chloe and I still managed to stay in touch.

Sounds like from that line Lois did know about Chloe's mom
        Thanks for giving us the episode quote.

Yep, there you have it, so Lois has a cazy aunt (she's obviously talking about Chloe's Mom that left her at age 12) that went "Kramer Vs Kramer".

Lois is referring to a movie from way back in 1979 that starred Dustin Hoffman.

Here is a short movie summary for those that have never seen the movie (I won't tell you the ending cause it's a great movie):

Ted Kramer (Dustin Hoffman) is a career man for whom his work comes before his family. His wife Joanna cannot take this anymore, so she decides to leave him. Later in the movie a custody battle over the son insues.

So Chloes' mother is the sister of either Lois' Mother or Father.

We still don't know which of Lois' parents she's related to though. Whatever parent Chloes' Mom is related to still doesn't change the fact that they are blood related first cousins.

Now we can say for sure that they are first cousins by blood!

That's about as close to being sisters as Lois and Chloe can get, without actually being sisters.

That's so awesome that Chloe has a family member like Lois to be there for her. Chloe's Dad was always working most of the time, so Lois is really the only real family support that Chloe has.

It's so cool for Lois to be there for her like that. I think Lois really does think of Chloe as a sister.

Comment

So Chloes' mother is the sister of either Lois' Mother or Father. will we be able to

find out in the future eps?

Let's see the CRAZY Gene is inherited thru Females. So If Lois's Mother and Chloe's Mother are sisters, then Lois should have the Crazy gene.

BUT IF it's the General's Sister is Chloe's Mother then the Crazy Gene couldn't be passed on to Lois.

Therefore, Lois is related to Chloe by Lois' Father and Chloe's Mother.

BUT WAIT! Chloe's FATHER could be related to Lois' Mother?

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎