Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe and Lois' Torture Scene

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The acting was good, but I wasnt impressed with the scene.

Comment

i thought it was blatantly unecessary. this entire episode was not edited well and i think most of its essence ended up on the chopping block.

Comment

yea not to graphic been was palyed out well and u had intense feelings. but not to bad. and yea the knife throw was a great part.

Comment

and why was he trying to get Lois to slice herself? he got his kicks from getting mentally ill or sick girls to do that, Lois was neither. And why would she do it? He was going to kill Chloe anyways, he just went on a 10 min rant about how he was going to 'spill her secrets and take the pain away'. Did he just think that Lois sitting 3 feet away didnt catch that? That is the worst plan ever.

and how did Clark get knocked out by an orderly for 3 minutes from a super small kryptonite rock (when he has been submerged in liquid kryptonite, trapped in a room with dozens or krypto rocks etc. and it didnt paralyze him as much as this thing. It was pratically the same size as Lana's necklace!!) and crazy over there gets his heart plunged with a steak knife and keeps on going like the friggin energizer rabbit? ookkaayy....

Comment

That scene makes me feel that Lois and Chloe are actually close.

Comment

did you miss all of season 4? with the Lois coming to smallville to solve Chloe's murder, the constant hugging, the letting each other crash at their places, Lois planning Chloe a birthday party...?

Comment

This scene made me realize how out of their minds some serial killers really are (as if I didn't watch enough City Confidential and American Justice...). But seriously, how could he give a girl a sharp knife and then turn his back to her? Did he honestly think he was that intimidating - so much so that Lois would slit her wrist as opposed to doing what she really did (which was throw the knife at him)? Apparently so...I was just glad she didn't do it...that scene showed me that there's a lot more to Lois than I thought. Sometimes it seems like Lois just gets lucky (i.e. Exposed when she attacked the guys in the helicopter, or Fanatic when she stopped the crazed Lex fan), this time I thought she used her brains. Way to go Lois!

Comment

whats weird is im am the exact opposite. i didn't really like the throwing part of the scene, and i liked the rest. i understood everything that was happening too. and most people thought the episode was "okay" or "terrible" while i thought it was great! it really told alot about chloe and what she goes through. i loved it.

Comment

i thought the scene was awesome. i love the way at first lois was all kiss my a**, but then the look when he said he was going to kill chloe if she didn't do it. the way she was shaking and the fear for chloe/anger. also, she did look like she accepted that maybe this was one situation she couldn't control which is a big thing for someone like lois to accept. i really did think she was going to slit her wrists, and may have if she hadn't seen her one opportunity out of it (by throwing the knife). you could see just how much chloe meant to her at that point. i think erica needs more credit for this scene if for nothing else. at least for me, this is the first time i have seen evidence of her acting ability that required anything beyond being hot or sarcastic (ok, so she also showed a lot of loyalty to the kents during the campaign, but there weren't a lot of those scenes). i just hope that she gets more chances to play this kind of lois, i like here much better when she seems to let her guard down. she is still strong and funny, but more of a 3-d character this way. or maybe i was just reading too much into it

Comment

At one time I thought the killer was gonna pull a Hanibal there for a moment like saying,
                      "Well hello, Chloe..."

If that would have happen I think my skin would have crawled. I don't know for any other members here, but for me this was one of those times I actually said, "Come on, Kent! Get your butt over there before it's too late."

The scene was indeed dark

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
                        But seriously, how could he give a girl a sharp knife and then turn his back to her? Did he honestly think he was that intimidating - so much so that Lois would slit her wrist as opposed to doing what she really did (which was throw the knife at him)?
                        I was wondering why Lois didn't just cut herself loose with the knife and kit the guys behind. We know she can fight so why throw away the knife? I think she would have had enough time to get free and save Chloe!

Comment

Another turn-your-back-on-the-hero moment, similar to what happened in Arrival when the two Kryptonians turned their back on Clark. SV writers have a tendency to write themselves into a corners like this for the sake of suspense, and then the only way they can get themselves out is by having the villain do something really stupid.

Not that villains don't do stupid things. I can't help but think about the guy who tried to rob a bank by wearing a bag over head. One problem -- he forgot to cut eye holes in the bag. True story. Unfortunately, TV villains can't afford to be as lame as some real-life ones. It just comes off as unbelievable.

There were a lot of these moments in Tomb. Why didn't Lois lock the door at the Talon? Why didn't she just cut herself loose -- as Satch suggested above. That would have made more sense, although throwing the knife was very dramatic and a nice character highlight for Lois. Why didn't Chloe just keep wailing on the guy when she had the chance rather than answer Lois's call for help? Then call the police.

When there are this many loose ends in one episode (and there are more -- see thread "A whole bucket of plot holes"), the writing team needs a refresher.
                          Last edited by Watching Smallville; 02-13-2006, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Those are some good points Watching_Smallville and Satch, there were a lot of things that could have happened differently. I guess, sometimes, people just aren't logical nor do they think of all the possibile actions they can make in certain situations like these. I hope none of us ever have to.

Comment

i really like how Chloe/Gretchan reacted such as when he grabbed the braclet. you could tell that they (Chloe/Gretchan)knew what was about to happen. but one part that i didn't get was when Chloe/Gretchan said "let them go". i didn't get it. can someone explain?

Comment

In reply to your question ATTITUDEJC It was actually Gretchan who said "let them go", meaning let CHLOE and LOIS go. If you recall she is in possesion of Chloe's body and repressing chloe's spirit/soul whatever you wanna call it, so when she says "THEM" she means Chloe and Lois. I hope that clears it up for ya!!

i found it brilliant. Lois ArsWhooping, parden my french, and saving the day!!!!!!!!! hurray for LOIS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎