LOIS AND CLARK General Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really loved this show- still do when I watch it on dvd. I liked the romance much more than the action. The only other Perry I've known was from the Superman movies. So I naturally loved LS in the role. That he was a big Elvis fan was an extra bonus for my mother We watched that show together when it aired. I fondly recall saturday mornings, eating breakfast & watching L&C. Good times

Comment

I miss those LnC Perry moments! LS was perfect for the show. I really liked the cast. That's why I watched the show! The show was vibrant and colorful and upbeat. Sure there were some Cheesy moments here and there, but the main characters were so refreshing and fun to watch! I've always loved Deans CK the best! A competent reporter. I liked the way they spun that! "Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do." I've always wondered how CK kept from getting fired in the movies. They say he's a good journalist but they never show it! He's to busy tripping, or dropping something. It's funny, but kind of painful to watch at the same time.
      I'm just thankful they released all of the LnC seasons on dvd so I can relive the charm of my favorite characters!

Comment

I loved Lois and Clark. This was one of the first series I followed growing up. Dean was great Clark, but I agree his Superman definitely left something to be desired. Lane and Teri were also well cast. I hated that they recast Jimmy. I watch this show all the time on DVD and have never gotten sick of it even after all these years.

Comment

I've just started watching, and I must say, I love it! I didn't like the new Jimmy, the old one was way better but besides that, it's great to watch! I'm now watching the end of season 2, and I think I have a new addiction, haha.

Comment

A great choice!!! Justin Whalin will grow on ya! He's a good Jimmy! It just sucks when they change an established character!

Comment

Originally posted by Fish1941
              I'm probably a little more of a fan of LOIS AND CLARK than I am of SMALLVILLE. The romantic comedy style of the 90s series really appealed to me.
              Oh, same here by a long shot. I was completely and utterly in love with Lois and Clark in the New Adventures series. On Smallville, it's taken me a while to warm up to the couple mostly because of the way that Clark has been written romantically (in a bit of a stunted way, if you ask me). Thus I joined SV as a Lois Lane fan, and not a Clois fan. But this year I think that season 9 may finally convert me fully into a full Clois fan again.

Comment

Originally posted by bychance
                L&C has the best Perry White hands down bar none. They really shouldn't complain All the others really were the same. Plus, they always maintain that Teri Hatcher is the best Lois Lane even if they didn't like the show. (The very few that deny it are lying )

I think its mostly Dean Cain as Superman that they don't like (honestly I don't blame them, I don't care for him as Superman either, but I watch him for Clark, not Superman) and in general, the whole post-Crisis Superman format.
                I don't quite agree. Actually, TH is my least favourite LL (I still adore her though, since I love all the Lois Lanes). First is Erica, than Margot, than Lois from the Animated Series (I know her character wasn't too developed there, still, I enjoyed every second of her) and then TH. Teri was awesome but her character was sometimes written as too whiney and overemotional.

As to Dean I actually love him very much. He may not have been like CR, we have never seen him like Tom, e.g. during his fight with Zod or Bizarro, or Titan - all fighter. Still, I found him the most likeable character I've ever seen on TV - he was so positive, cheerful, successful - a man in control.

Comment

i liked lois and clark but i thought the stories were a bit camp sometimes but i loved dean and teri.

Comment

I love lois and Clark it was the first show that i really got into - i thought Dean and Teri were great. Watching it now sure it's a bit camp and the effects aren't up to much but the show had a lot of heart and the lois and clark scenes made up for the dodgy look

Comment

I just recently bought Season 1 on sale (for 8 bucks!) and am surprised by how much I like this show.

I watched it when it first aired (well, when it was first re-runed, actually. It was on opposite Seaquest and I had a massive crush on Jon Brandis. So I watched that. And since this was before tivo was invented I had to wait til L&C was in reruns to see it.).

I was just watching the episode Witness and did I see Hal Sparks? The guy who pushed Lois into the street?! Dude.

Comment

I've been watching the series lately on Netflix (I do love my Netflix!) No DVD extras for me yet but it's a lot of fun.

I'm 33 now, so the show came out when I was a teenager. Back then I only caught about a dozen or so episodes of the series. I thought the Daily Planet was way too small, Lex sucked because he had hair, The SFX were cheesy, and Superman was lame. This was enough reason for me to deprive myself of a great series.

Now it's like a completely different show to me. As an adult I appreciate the wonderful writing on LnC. Perry rocks! Clark and Lois are written and acted as the team they are supposed to be. The Perry, Jimmy, Clark, Lois dynamic really is written as though they are all a big happy dysfunctional family.

Ma and Pa Kent are beyond hysterical. Especially Martha. She's a riot! A woman who seems to have tons of fun being Superman's mom. Not only are they classic, they are contemporary. They are the parents Superman should have. I can believe they could raise a Clark who likes to smile.....a lot.

Dean's Clark is smart. He doesn't take a lot of lip. He doesn't mind standing up to Perry. He conveys the idea that he really is the guy inside the suit. Clark is not an attempt to act like a different person in front of others. He's heroic in front of everyone even when he's not in the suit..

Yes, Superman is still lame but that's ok. The tech was not there to do fantastic special effects. That's ok. One thing I have come to appreciate, as a grown-up watching the show, is that this show is what it says it is "Lois and Clark". It isn't really about Superman and that's ok.

Last edited by cksidekick; 09-18-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I was out doing other things when L&C was originally on, caught up with it later on DVD. Great series! The new takes on Perry, Jonathan and martha were priceless. I wasn't happy at all with the dismisal of the original actor who played Jimmy after the first season or his replacement. Almost like two different characters. Yes, Superman was lame here, but still fun. Everything else about the show made up for it...and that can't be easy given how important Superman is to a show about Superman.....

While I'm here, are there any threads in place for discussion of the 1950s 'Adventures of Superman'? I love that show, silly as it got.

Comment

No I beleive the 50s Superman show was the best live action show with George Reeves.

Comment

Thought I'd share this. Quite liked it!

Comment

I loved George reeves as Superman he was manly and oozed a man in charge. There wasn't a lot of romance but they banter all the time. I thought it was a great show for its time. I love Lois and Clark too,
                                they made a great team. I read the comic books when I was little always been a fan of Lois and Clark romance. In the eighties you finally seen Clark on films being truly interested in Lois in a romantic way.
                                I hate seeing what they are doing to the famous couple!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎