Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 4.15 - Sacred

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode is good but had some bad parts.The only thing i liked about this episode was the stone of air.But disliked how it was about isobel and KK acting

Comment

I loved this episode.

I still can't get that one scene out of my head, how did Clark magically appear at Lana’s apartment with the door being open.

Kryptonian Magic?

Comment

I really did enjoy this episode. I agree with what others have said about how nice it was to see a setting that was outside of Smallville and Metropolis (outside the United States, even). The Temple was really cool, as were the streets of Shanghai to a lesser extent. I liked Dr. Sen, and was pretty shocked that they killed her off so quickly. Was that head guard who was torturing Lex the same guy who headed up the team that was bugging Lionel's office in "Insurgence" and then got shot by Pine? This is probably the least annoying episode to me that's focused on the "Stones of Knowledge" plot, other than the amazing "Commencement," of course. The one drawback for me was no Chloe. I give it 9 out of 10 secret temple chambers for awesome action, great effects, good suspense, and a surprising ending!

Comment

I just watched this episode again today. forgot how interesting it was. yet again the "find the stones" plot got old after a while :/

~K

Comment

For an episode that featured Isobel, this wasn't THAT bad. I used to really enjoy this one though my enjoyment has waned over several re-watches. China, the Indiana Jones vibe and adding to the stones plot was a big plus. Had it not had Isobel in it, this could have been a great episode. But the whole fight scene between Isobel and Clark was just TOO much. I would probably rank it 7 out of 10.

Comment

Pretty dull episode. Isobel is back again and is just as boring as an antagonist. I did quite like that fact that the plot required the characters to spend most of the episode, outside of Smallville and Metropolis. It would've been facepalmingly bad, if they had revealed the third and final stone, being buried in Metropolis.

Towards the end, Martha questions why the place was rigged with Kryptonite, if the stones were meant for him. This was something that the show never answered. I put forward a theory, based on the season 9 episode "Kandor", but that's me (the viewer) drawing conclusions based on an episode, that aired four years later. An answer should've been presented in this season, by the writers. You can't just have Kryptonite be present, in a chamber, that hasn't been opened in centuries and not explain it.

Also, I'm normally not this nitpicky about continuity, but there is a moment, where Isobel picks up the stone with the red cloth. The ground is visibly muddy, but no mud appears on it, seconds later, when we're shown a close-up of it.

A minor detail, that I really enjoyed, was the names shown in the inbox of Clark's e-mail. Two of them was Dustin Farrell and Megan Poss. When Chloe checks out Clark's e-mail, in the season 3 episode "Delete", there are also e-mails from those two. It's a nice touch. We may never have encountered these characters onscreen, but it creates a mild feeling of continuity (even if most people won't notice it) and that Clark has a life outside of the plot of the episode.
              Last edited by jon-el87; 07-09-2017, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                A minor detail, that I really enjoyed, was the names shown in the inbox of Clark's e-mail. Two of them was Dustin Farrell and Megan Poss. When Chloe checks out Clark's e-mail, in the season 3 episode "Delete", there are also e-mails from those two. It's a nice touch. We may never have encountered these characters onscreen, but it creates a mild feeling of continuity (even if most people won't notice it) and that Clark has a life outside of the plot of the episode.
                Propably two guys from the FX department that create all the "DigitalWave" websites we've seen on their computers and phones.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎