No announcement yet.

Ep 3.20 - Tailsman

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skully
    The episode ended with Clark not knowing whether Lex or Lionel was supposed to be his greatest enemy. Maybe TPTB thought the above scene made it too clear that Lex was Sageeth. Not that any of us would've had a problem with that.
    I'm pretty sure that deleted scene is on the UK release too, skully. Is it Region 2 in Oz? I think it's a great scene but I'm glad they left it out. This is mainly because the final scene of Talisman is one of my all-time favourites of the series. In it, Lex is basically putting forward his whole raison-d'etre: someone has to stand up to Superman. It fits in so beautifully with his twisted view of humanity's best interests. The deleted scene suggests that Lex is struggling with the prophecy - that he is on a path to corruption that he can't handle. Whereas in the final scene, Lex (in his brilliance) turns the prophecy into a justification of his destiny.
    As people have already said - full marks to JS! That final scene is so loaded. At that point in S3 I was clinging on to all sorts of hopes that Lex had retained some of his lost memory, and they way he talks to Clark suggests he knows more than he is letting on.
    Originally posted by Ilovebeinglost
    If it's Keith, who is Keith?

That's absolutely brilliant Ilovebinglost! There's a word for when people misunderstand song lyrics. I wish I could remember it now.

Comment

Only it was'nt Lex, it was Davis

Comment

^^^^^ Do you mean Sageeth is Davis? If that's something that has been revealed since Power, I can't really comment on that because I haven't seen those episodes yet. If it's not, what's your reasoning?

Comment

Aweful Aweful episode! The only thing I liked about it was seeing Jonathan heal Clark, and revealing Lex as Clarks true mortal enemy. Besides that, not one of my favs.

And I think Smallville has milked this Legend as far as it can go through the years. They keep twisting and turning everything about it!! They need to stick with the original legend (from this episode) and leave it be

Comment

This episode is kinda bad but good at some parts.Liked how they handled they blade evaporating.But i hate the plot and and the indian was annoying.

Comment

I guess I kinda need to rewatch the episode, but of what I remember, I thought the "kid" who played Jeremiah (?) sucked ^_- I thought he was painful to watch.
              So not my favourite episode, but it has its moment like the healing scene and Lionel/Lex trying to take the dagger

Comment

just rewatched this and wow i never knew how suspicious lex was of clark back then, more so than in seasons 5-7. anyways great episode! one of smallvilles best.

Comment

Just recently saw the transcript Skully posted on that deleted scene (thanks for posting that, Skully!) But for some reason that deleted scene is not featured on the season three DVD here in the US. Could someone please send me a PM or post a link of it here? Thanks so much in advance!

Comment

The second and last appearance of Joseph Willowbrook. And Pete is given a workable plot, instead of just standing there, occationally saying "You know what the Luthors did to my family" (which is never fleshed out) or talking briefly about girls. And I liked him lashing out at Chloe, when she started questioning him about his mom. This is one of the reasons why Chloe works and Lana didn't. When Chloe crosses a line, people call her out on it. Later, when she becomes obsessed with Watchtower, people express concern that this behavoir may not be healthy. No one said anything, when Lana went to her parents grave, at night (she only went there at night), and had pretend conversations with them.

Thought Jeremiah gave a weak performance. Everything is also rushed, so we see him briefly in the teaser, then he shows up later, after he's become convinced that he is Naman from the Kawatche prophecy. This is a problem with villains of the week. You introduce them, then you have to rapidly get them to become the antagonist of the episode. If you take it slow, the character becomes a villain in the last ten minutes (and the protaganist takes him/her out in two minutes). Rush it and you haven't had a chance to set up the character properly, leading to a one-dimensional bad guy. As we know nothing about about Jeremiah before, him becoming a fanatic, who is convinced that he is a messiah, comes out of nowhere.
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 06-13-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎