No announcement yet.

Ep 2.22 - Calling

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
    I think the fact that she wanted to kill him pretty much negates the whole " I think Helen would have been an excellent wife for Lex" idea.

But that's just me. All I know is, I'd rather marry someone who wants me alive.
    I personally hated how they wrote off Helen. It just felt so out of the blue. Helen was the start of a bad trend of the way they wrote off one season characters

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
      I personally hated how they wrote off Helen. It just felt so out of the blue. Helen was the start of a bad trend of the way they wrote off one season characters
      I gotta agree here, at least concerning her attempt(s) on Lex in the 2nd season cliffhanger and the second episode of the third season (which I just watched). She was one of 'the good guys", someone we rooted for, and who was danger by a stalker a few episodes earlier. Now, suddendly, out of the blue, she's interested in Lex's $$ and not Lex. Just didn't ring true.

I also wish she either returned later in the series, or at least get a confirmation that she died on the plane. She was referenced once or twice in the context of Lex's bad luck with marriages, but that was it.

Comment

Re-Watch.

Definitely one of S2's bet eps. Lionel really steals the show in this episode with all of his innuendo. How he owns Helen when he catches her snooping, the way he keeps shining the flashlight on Clark as be interrogated him in the cave, and how he deals with Chloe telling her she has to give to get.

Decent suspense with Walden and Clark fighting and I liked how Clark used a cool head in battle to lure Walden into blowing himself up. Also, never been a huge Clana fan, but it was nice for it to finally happen. Clark's speech was good, and I really like the song "In This Life" by Chantal Kreviazuk that plays during their second kiss. Good cliffhanger with Jor-El calling Clark into the barn too.

Comment

Dr. Walden meets his end. Oddly enough, this character only appears in three episodes. When you think back at S2, it feels like it was more. Naturally, he, like the Kent family, have misunderstood what Jor-El meant with "rule them with strength". Jor-El makes it clearer what he meant in "Lazarus", but just imagine how much trouble could've been prevented, if he'd just chosen his words more carefully.

Helen urges Lex to make mends with Lionel. Rewatching S2 episodes with Helen, I could interpret certain actions as signs of her true nature. She pretends to be reluctant to enter a relationship with Lex, then she insists to be unsure about moving in with him. Here she tries to make sure that Lex and Lionel is at good terms, so Lionel wouldn't cut Lex out of his will and wouldn't try to throw her out, when Lex's is "accidentaly" killed. Wouldn't surprise me if she planned to take out Lionel later on. Giving her the Luthor fortune.

Liked the scene between Clark and Lionel in the cave. Many insists that "Veritas" was a retcon, that contradicts the early seasons. But, looking at this scene, I'm not so sure about that. Lionel clearly suspects Clark to be an alien with connection to the cave, he's just not gotten conclusive evidence yet.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎