Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 3.11 - Delete

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ While you're right of course Eddie, if you're going to pick holes in Smallville's use of technology you need to go straight for the jugular that is Chloe's IT skills!

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Dance
      ^^^ While you're right of course Eddie, if you're going to pick holes in Smallville's use of technology you need to go straight for the jugular that is Chloe's IT skills!
      Speaking of Chloe's mad hacking skills, I believe this is the episode we see Chloe in amazement of Adam Knight's mad hacking skills. lol

That scene always makes me laugh now when I rewatch it

Comment

This episode was ok,but kind of boring i dont really rememeber.Liked the lana/chloe catfight But the plot was boring and dr.garner is so boring they shoudent have brought him back

Comment

Toyman

This is the first time we see Toyman, he is here the computer tech guy who spoke wiht Lex.

Comment

^ Yeah, that's a funny detail there.

The fight scene with Chloe and Lana was one of the best on the show. Shame it didn't include Clark or superpowers but that's Smallville for ya...

Comment

Originally posted by kp1984
              Lana should have gotten arressted.
              Arrested for what? It was a fight and Lana was under mind control. Same as Clark. Same as Martha and Jonathan. I don't hear anyone calling for Martha's arrest. She had a flippin' pitchfork. Plus Lana was disabled and Chloe wasn't injured by the ax.

Comment

Despite it being unbelievable that Lana just got "suspended" and not sent to prison, this was a really FUN episode. That's one time where I don't mind at all suspending my disbelief. This is also where Adam becomes more of a mystery....And Lex approaching Dr. Garner about getting his memories back...

10 out of friggin 10!!!

Comment

The second appearance of Dr. Garner. I'd call this episode good, but the problem is that the villain's plan relies heavily on people opening e-mail from an unknown person. I don't know, maybe things were different in late 2003/early 2004. Today most people would certainly erase the e-mail, without looking at it. This was the only time that we saw Molly Griggs on the show, but she did appear in The Vengeance Chronicles webseries.

This episode also marked the first appearance of the Talon apartment. They stopped using the coffee shop, after the season eight episode "Beast", but the apartment was used until "Ambush" in season 10.

According to the Smallville Wiki, Pete only appears for 19 seconds in this episode. He's just there to inform Chloe about LuthorCorp taking back their computers, from the Torch. For the actor's sake, I hope he didn't have too much of a commute, between his home and the set (can't have taken more than a few minutes to record his stuff).
                  Last edited by jon-el87; 07-08-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                    This episode also marked the first appearance of the Talon apartment.
                    While that is true, I was recently surprised that the apartment did garner an earlier mention. In the season opener Exile Martha and Jonathan mentioned they were moving in there.

Comment

One of those episodes where you really have to suspend your disbelief, and not only about the basic premise of controlling somebody's mind to attack Chloe via a binary code sent via email.

The episode is memorable for several reasons, not least the fight scene between Lana and Chloe. Brutal, plenty of give and take, great use of a corridor, a staircase and the girls locker room. The show had some excellent girl fights but this one still probably tops all of them. Quite why Adam suddenly shows up in that locker room shower to intervene is never fully explained. He doesn't even go to the school! Just like at the Planet from season 5, anyone is able to just wander around. It was just a convenient way to include him in the plot as well as showcase his hacking skills a bit later.

We get the first appearance of Winslow Schott too. Here, he's not named as such and is just a frantic IT bod without the manic personality but there is so little difference between his physical appearance here and that of Toyman in the last 3 seasons.

We also get the first mention of Lois Lane as Chloe's cousin when Chloe suggests to her editor to use a pen name to get round the fact that Chloe's own name is persona non grata at the Planet. It's significant because it's the first time the big three (Clark, Lex and Lois) are all part of the Smallville universe. The showrunners brought that aspect of the Superman mythos to life at the beginning of the following season.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                        According to the Smallville Wiki, Pete only appears for 19 seconds in this episode. He's just there to inform Chloe about LuthorCorp taking back their computers, from the Torch. For the actor's sake, I hope he didn't have too much of a commute, between his home and the set (can't have taken more than a few minutes to record his stuff).
                        https://smallville.**********/wiki/Season_3_screen_time

Looking at Pete's S3 screentime:
                        Exile: 17 seconds.
                        Phoenix: Absent.
                        Extinction: 3m 30s.
                        Slumber: 34 seconds.
                        Perry: 7m 6s
                        Relic: 58 seconds.
                        Magnetic: 21 seconds.
                        Shattered: Absent
                        Asylum: 1m 31s.
                        Whisper: 8m 1s
                        Delete: 19 seconds.
                        Hereafter: 2m 36s.
                        Velocity: 17m 39s.
                        Obsession: 29 seconds.
                        Resurrection: 2m 23s.
                        Crisis: 3m 46s.
                        Legacy: Absent.
                        Truth: 4m.
                        Memoria: Absent.
                        Talisman: 2m 57s.
                        Forsaken: 7m 16s.
                        Covenant: Absent.

You really get why the character was dropped. At times, the character only appeared for a few seconds. In this episode, he appears for 19 seconds, just to give exposition about what happened to the Torch computers (and doesn't appear again, for the rest of the episode). Something that could've probably been done by a random guest actor, or even a post-it note. Chloe walks into the Torch, and finds a post-it note from some unseen Torch contributor, informing her about what happened. That might even have helped, as her finding a post-it note from "Jerry S." (or someone) could help to present the illusion that there are other people working at the Torch (it's not just Chloe's personal playground, for her and her friends), even if we don't always see them.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎