Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 3.5 - Perry

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know what the initials are that the stars are forming at the very beginning of the episode? Right as you see the comet moving, it looks like the stars form the initials JH or OH. Are those the initials of some crew member?

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillefx
      The only thing that bothered me was when clarks superspeed was glitching... Shouldn't he be able to just stop running or did the legs go into auto-pilot?
      It's sort of like... from moment to moment he couldn't judge his strength. Sometimes he would be weaker, sometimes he would be stronger. You don't use the same amount of muscle strength to pick up an orange and a TV. Similarly, I'm sure Clark gauge his super speed according to how far he's going to go. So he intended to trot to the house but the sun was spiking so he went into super speed just on the amount of energy he exerted to trot. Then as he began slowing to a stop... the amount of energy he'd use to slow to a stop when boosted by the erratic sun... sent him across country.

His best bet was probably to try laying down/falling down rather than slowing down.

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes of this season. I like Perry White. Also, you can see the developing relationship of Lana and Lex. How Lana leans on Lex when she can't get what she wants from Clark or anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybw
          I just rewatched this show and found a blooper..

At the begining when Clark leaves the house to meet Pete, after he closes the door you hear the "whoosh" but if you look hes still there

Anyway, this could very well be the funniest episode of Smallville
          I watched it and the camera goes over to the tv in the living room. You don't even see Clark standing there

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes of all time. I too had reservations about Perry being an alcoholic but once I saw it was MM playing him I knew it would be terrific! I love his sarcastic wit and would have loved to see him square off with Lionel.

Tom did a great job with this as well. His facial expressions are priceless.

Another great part is when he is trying to tell the sheriff about the tractor and he calls her chief! Priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark/Lois-fan
              I watched it and the camera goes over to the tv in the living room. You don't even see Clark standing there
              Exactly. There is no blooper. The camera pans away and you can't see the door,
              or Tom standing there. Get your eyes checked!

Comment

This episode was boring when i first watched it,but now i like perry white and really cant wait 4 the episode in S9.Liked how this was the first DC comics charcter as a guest star,liked the solar flare idea, and liked lex.

Comment

I loved this episode! It's hilarious and Perry was a fun ! I had thought they would have brought him back for more then two episodes, but oh well. Fun character. The tractor scene is classic and I also loved the scene where the sheriff was talking with Perry, Jonathan and Clark, then she wont listen to Perry since he blabbered about flying monkies in his room the day before - then Jonathan even snickered. I thought that was real cute XD

Comment

I enjoy this episode alot. My favorite moment was the tractor falling from the sky but the darkest moment I noticed was when Lex was basically flipping out because of the therapist wouldn't sign off his papers. This episode all in all has got to be in the top 10 of my favorite episodes for this season.

Comment

One of those episodes that is fun to watch. Something that you sort of expect with Michael McKean because he himself is so much fun to watch.

Even the cliché of a drunk seeing something out of the ordinary happen in front of him only to either look at his drink or pour it away is made funny when Perry sees the tractor crash land in front of him.

Comment

Good episode. Not only are we introduced to Perry White, but they also establish that Clark draws his powers from the sun. Something I don't think most think about, is that the episode also establishes that solar flares can cause his powers to fluctuate (resulting in him briefly getting stronger or weaker). I like that they established that, as it explains away any power inconsistencies in future episodes. This type of shows always have a problem with consistency. And here they give an in-universe motivation for why.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎