Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 2.02 - Heat

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally unbelievable episode. Krista Allen needs pheromones to control men?

More like a glance at a stop light.

Comment

This was the very very high point of smallville

Comment

I loved the Elvis song.

Comment

Stupid episode superman dosent fly around looking around thinking of sex and the FOTW may been hot but the plot was weak

Comment

I liked this episode although I think Kelly is more attractive than Krista. I loved the scene when they all were watching the lions getting it on and Clark keeps staring at the teacher.
            BTW perhaps this is just in the DVD but when Desiree pulls down the projector slide can anyone else see up her skirt?

Comment

Wow, That was one crazy episode!!

8 Out of 10

Clark discovers his new ability of producing fire/heat etc, and Lex is married..LOL i still can't believe it, Funny episode!!

Comment

I just rewatched this episode on DVD for the first time in ages and it reminded how much I loved it. Ah, the good ol' days of adolescent Clark Kent...

Comment

I think the RE-WATCH thread was lost in the upgrade.

Can I assume we'll pick up next weekend, or are people up for a Saturday night RE-WATCH?

Comment

I'm game for next weekend - especially since I was out of town this weekend! So - did people watch on Friday or not?

Comment

Cool, hopefully Jeff is on the case.

Comment

This was a fun, fun episode. Clark's heat vision development (and its trigger) was HILARIOUS. Oh, man! The fact that he couldn't practice with Jonathan at his side had me on the floor rolling. And then there was Jonathan's reaction from a distance when Clark set the scarecrow ablaze. Pure gold. Desiree herself was kind of slutty, but then I wasn't her target.

Originally posted by OutlawAngel
                        Yeah it was funny how Pete and Clark were all drooling over Desiree and Chloe and Lana's reactions were classic.
                        Yep! They were perfect.

Comment

Just rewatched this episode--how fantastic! I love the scene where Clark gets all nervous around Lana 'cuz she's talking about acting on passions. I like that they show Superman as being very, VERY human! Oh, and the scene where he tells Jonathan that "this might be easier if I was alone"--haha, so good!

Comment

Pete: "Bring on the pain."

The perfect response to Desiree's comments about the class suffering through the heat together.

While I much prefer the later seasons of the show overall, I still have a lot of time for the more 'innocent' seasons of a youthful Clark because you have so many moments of him learning about his powers. Using heat vision as a metaphor for learning about and controlling sexual urges during puberty is a brilliant touch - so good that the theme was brought up again in Blank and Scion.

Comment

Clark develops heat vision. Also some meteor freak marries Lex and tries to kill him, so she can inherit his money. Enter Desiree Atkins, a meteor freak with the ability of persuation through Krypto-phermones. I've seen episodes of other shows, that have a similar premise to this one ("Hathor" on Stargate and "Yes, Men" on Agents of SHIELD), where you have a woman come in, with a power to control men. Usually this leaves it up to the women to save the day. Basically, it's a lazy plot device, so the female characters can save the day, while the writers take out the male characters at the same time. The episodes tend to come out bad.

Thankfully, this episode kinda subverted that trope, by having Clark (the show's main protagonist) be immune to said control. Of course, that doesn't make this a great episode. The most important thing about it is that Clark develops heat vision. Apart from that, it's not a very memorable episode. It's a "new power" episode. Which means that Clark's new ability will play some part in the resolution. Here, it has Clark melt a bullet that Jonathan fired. Which just comes off as weird. Why did he have to melt it, when he could've just run in at super speed and stop the bullet? It made far more sense, when he heated up the door handle. He has to stop Desiree, while also put out the burning Lex. Meanwhile, he doesn't wanna risk using his other powers infront of Lex. So, he uses heat vision, to heat up the door handle and put out the burning Lex. No one would really ask questions. It was Desiree who set Lex on fire. So, most people would likely write it off as her having burned her hand, while starting the fire.

The best part of the episode was when Jonathan set out to help Clark control this new power. It's moments like this that you're glad that the Clark ended up with the Kents. When he developed new abilities, they did their best to help him learn to control it, even if they weren't sure how to do it (as the kid didn't come with instructions). They didn't lock him up in the basement, like Byron Moore's parents. They didn't try to send him to a lab, like Eric Summers' parents. Or send him away (at the first sign of trouble), causing him to bounce around foster homes (and powers he can't control), like had happened to that Maddie kid in "Fragile".

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎