• Superman Mythos Reference List

In this episode, we've got...

-Flying
    -Nerdy reporter at The Daily Planet is really a superhero
    -Phone Booth
    -Glasses
    -"Man Of Steel"

Did I miss any?

nope you've got it all covered. i though it was a bit much...

Comment

the "mild mannered reporter" comment Chloe made to Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by missaw
        the "mild mannered reporter" comment Chloe made to Clark.
        "Mild mannered reporter by day, avenging hero by night" or something to that effect. And, the cape! Andrea sported a cape.

Comment

Don't forget that the one gang member referred to Clark as a "boy scout". Isn't Superman called the "World's Biggest Boy Scout" a few times? Something like that I think... at least in the Death & Life of Superman series.

Comment

Costume.
            Then Clark said a costume was over the top.

Comment

Didn't Clark say something like "I don't work with a sidekick" or something like that, when Andrea said she liked having Chloe be her sidekick

*Oh and when Chloe was asking him if he thought he could do what Andrea was doing - he said yeah except he wouldn't want to hide who he was - hence no mask in the future
              Last edited by shadowcat20x; 02-03-2006, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat20x
                Didn't Clark say something like "I don't work with a sidekick" or something like that, when Andrea said she liked having Chloe be her sidekick

*Oh and when Chloe was asking him if he thought he could do what Andrea was doing - he said yeah except he wouldn't want to hide who he was - hence no mask in the future
                i think he said, "i'm not a sidekick".

he doesn't wear a mask as superman but don't forget the super-duper glasses that keep everyone from knowing ck is superman.

Comment

No one actually flew did they? I thought Andrea kind of did like superjumps.
                  Last edited by ARealClarkKent; 02-03-2006, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Oh! I wish they showed how Clark got to the top of that building. Still wondering about the whole "was it flying or leaping thing" Besides, those are my fav special effects.

Comment

I'd say with all the money they spent on Andrea's special effects, that they didn't have the cash to spend on Clarks jump/flight to the top of the building. I'd say that they would have to make his more spectacular than any other persons, because all the fans will critiqe and analyze Clark doing something like that more.

Comment

i think i hear physics boy randy practicing his speech on how she could not have flown due to the weight of her chest in relation to the drag coefficient of the wind as it pertains to the inverse of the gravitational constant of Europa.

Comment

This season is the winner about superman references but this episode really broken the standarts...Flying, Nerdy reporter at The Daily Planet is really a superhero, Phone Booth, Glasses,"Man Of Steel", "Mild mannered reporter by day, avenging hero by night" by Chloe. Semeens Andrea was the great inspiration to Clark be a reporter in a future like a mask...

Comment

I think it was in Superman the movie (I) that Lex Luthor pokes fun at Superman calling him a "boy scout" to Otis and that pretty lady that kisses Superman in the pool.

Comment

One of the more subtle mythos elements this episode had was Clark coming to terms with his morality. Perhaps one of the most key elements of the Superman mythos is that he uses great restraint and does not seek to kill others, but rather follows law and honor. This episode did well in revealing the source of his great morals reside in lessons and "the voice" of Pa Kent in his head.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎