Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.O.P. Mythology Q & A

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on some Birds of Prey mythology question and answers.

If this thread doesn't belong here, then a mod can move it if they'd like.

I was wondering if in the comics, the huntress has any real blood relation to Batman? Or was it just tweaked for the show?

In the Pre-Crisis comics, Helena was tied to Bruce Wayne, but in the revamped post-Crisis Helena had no ties whatsoever. She was a mafiso boss' daughter in the new mythos.

Comment

Thanks for answering! I always wondered whether it was true or not.

Comment

No problem.

Comment

Did they ever make it clear that Batman knew the Huntress was his daughter? Does he ever find out or was he only featured in the pilot? I heard they had plans of bringing Batman back, but the show was cancelled before they could ever do that. Also, is this show going to come out on DVD?

Comment

I don't think the huntress in BOP was Bats & Catwoman's daughter, but i never watched the show so idk. & To the DVD question, it's not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by k18
              Did they ever make it clear that Batman knew the Huntress was his daughter? Does he ever find out or was he only featured in the pilot? I heard they had plans of bringing Batman back, but the show was cancelled before they could ever do that. Also, is this show going to come out on DVD?
              1) In "Devil's Eyes" it was hinted that Batman still contacted Alfred to see how his daughter was doing.

2) I doubt they were ever planning on introducing Batman because of the new movie.

3) Not yet.

Comment

Thanks for answering, TMLS' BROTHER and UpandAtom.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLS' BROTHER
                  I don't think the huntress in BOP was Bats & Catwoman's daughter, but i never watched the show so idk. & To the DVD question, it's not yet.
                  Actually the Bats and Cats daughter feature was a crucial element to the show itself. Helena Kyle had the option of moving into Wayne Manor at any point after her mother died (Selina Kyle) but she opted to stay near Barbara instead. (Femme slash I think lol.)

The introduction with Bats and Selina also furthered hammered those confirmations into our heads every week since the two were fighting and kissing in the end.

Helena didn't want any links to further. In fact, the reason she kept her mother's name was that she truly trusted her mother more than her father.

Comment

So Batman did know of helena? Did they explain his absence also? I know he left in the pilot episode but I don't remember why he did though.

Comment

They never really touched based on why he left though we can assume it had something to do with the effect of Bab's paralysis by the Joker a la the Killing Joke.

It was pretty much left up to intrepretation and just a plot device to allow these ladies to take over "New Gotham."

At the time of the shows airing there was a lot of hate going on because Bruce did what he did and in this case the fans were truly right. Bruce would never up and leave Gotham (he did in Knightfall due to Bane's back breaking but he quickly returned to right the wrong) - Gotham is his world and home. He may travel but he always comes back.

Comment

That's what I thought too. It's not like Batman to run away from his problems. He usually becomes darker and more focused if a major problem arises. I guess they needed him gone for the ladies to take over, though. I kind of wished Batman was a part of the show like a main character, but that's wishful thinking.

Comment

Yeah, that was a wish that would only flourish in the last episode though. The movie production pretty much rendered that impossible.

It was much like my hope for Dick Grayson appearing on the series but instead we ended up with a knock off version that turned out to be a bad guy.

Comment

So, Helena could have lived with Bruce, but chose not to? Yet she's mad at him. Hmm... Hopefully there will be a DVD, and some major commentary.

Comment

Knowing the WB. I'll doubt we'll even get that for the DVD.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎