Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DA_Champion
    I don't remember if I liked Sunshine, it's been a while.

Why does everybody hate Troy? Even Peter O'Toole had bad things too say, then again his character kind of sucks.

It's too bad that the epic sword movie is dead. We had Gladiator, Troy, Braveheart, Kingdom of Heaven, and Alexander in not that long of a time frame. My theory is that Alexander killed the genre. It's too bad because there's no shortage of historical combats left to turn into the film. When can they make a Hannibal movie about the actual Hannibal?

[[I'm not sure if 300 counts]].

ETA: I should watch the foreign film Mongol. It looks like a good concept.

A good, anecdotal piece of evidence that the creative team behind First Class had their heads screwed on straight:

They brought on Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence to play key roles before they were Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence. A few years later, and everybody wants to cast them -- good luck with that.
    I would not say sword epic movies are dead so much as the ones that have come out with in the past few years have been terrible. I am not sure if you would consider 47 Ronin a 'sword epic' but I am strangely looking forward to it.

Comment

• My top 10 list:
      1. All About Eve (1950)
      2. A Hard Day's Night (1964)
      3. Toy Story 2 (1999)
      4. Seven Samurai (1954)
      5. Rosemary's Baby (1968)
      6. The Wages of Fear (1953)
      7. On the Waterfront (1954)
      8. The Terminator (1984)
      9. Shaun the Sheep Movie (2015)
      10. Leviathan (2014)