Music in Reckoning

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a comment about "I Grieve", the wonderful Peter Gabriel song used at the end of the episode.

That song is off his latest album called "Up", which was released in 2002. The entire album is terrific. I especially love the songs "More Than This" and "The Barry Williams Show". If you liked "I Grieve", you should really go out and get the album. A bunch of terrific songs on it. Peter Gabriel is one of my favorite musicians, and this album is on par with his best one ("So", released in 1986).

Also, in the ep, the version of "I Grieve" is abridged (The parts of the song that were cut out would have clashed with the scene). The whole song is about seven and a half minutes long.

Comment

Originally posted by tribob
      When i heard Clark say,

'i just want you to know who i am'

i was really wanting goo goo dolls iris to come on, but it didnt
      Oh yeah, excellent song! And very fitting!

mfl

Comment

*thumbs down*

Comment

Originally posted by mfluder
          Oh yeah, excellent song! And very fitting!

mfl
          yes...i totally agree

Comment

hey i know this was asked earlier but im itching to find out what was the song when clark just arrives at lana's crash. that eerie sort of melancholy realization he has that shes dead, i thought that was the best bgm they've used ever. if anyone can help me out wat exactly it is it would awesome

Comment

"I Greive" was from Peter Gabriel's Album "Us" originally released in 2000.

See my post on another thread for the lyrics:
              This is an archive for Smallville spoiler discussions throughout the course of the series. Since there are no more new episodes, thread creation is no longer enabled... please take new discussions to General Discussion or individual episode sections.

Comment

Originally posted by chiruyuy
                hey i know this was asked earlier but im itching to find out what was the song when clark just arrives at lana's crash. that eerie sort of melancholy realization he has that shes dead, i thought that was the best bgm they've used ever. if anyone can help me out wat exactly it is it would awesome
                it was a greta piece its the Requiem for a Dream theme song.
                pm me if youwant the link to DL the song

Comment

hhmmm...
                  ur email seems to be full.

Why don't you just post the link?

Comment

At this time all i can say is that song by
                    that emo-guy-wannabe whatever James Blunt ...you're beutiful was an excelent choice for the scene itself,it telled excatly what was goin to happen...
                    Something like Il never be with you and ....blah blah

But yeah in the Supes world
                    It was never meant to beeeeeeeeee....

The Clanas must be crying by now,jeje even for me ...i think im a litlle Clana myself nowadays...but Lois rules anyways .And yeah Chloe now more than ever.

Comment

I love the song "I Grieve", I always have. I've had a bet going with a friend of mine about how long it would take for "You're Beautiful" to make it into Smallville, and it looks like I won.

I would love to get my hands on the Requiem for a Dream theme. Is it out on CD, or can it only be found via download? Who wrote it?

Comment

Originally posted by freddielm
                        Ah. I need to get it, that song's beautiful.
                        Get the entire album. Peter Gabriel's Up is the best album he's done in years. One of his other tracks Signal To Noise (the best track on the album IMHO), a piece of that song was featured during the opening battle in the movie Gangs Of New York.

And yes I Grieve is an amazing song. I believe it was used on Alias one time back.

FVD.

Comment

the tune when lana dies isn't the theme from requiem..i listened to a ton of songs claiming to be the theme from requiem for a dream and they all turned out to be Requiem, a song from The Two Towers

Comment

I thought the theme from Requiem For A Dream was used in the Two Towers trailer.

Comment

i don't think the theme was as driven as the one from two towers..and if it is the same, listen to it and the music in Reckoning, and it's nowhere similar..the music in Reckoning i think was an original score, and sounded very similar to the music from Batman Begins

Comment

So, does ANYONE have any idea what the song is?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎