Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Reckoning Quotes (Spoiler Warning)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol Chloe's lines are great

Comment

Clark: Do I look different to you now?

Lana: Clark, you look like the same handsome guy I've always known.

Clark: Handsome as in I want to spend the rest of my life with you or handsome as in I'm going to let you down easy?

Lana: As in, yes Clark, I'll marry you.

Comment

Lex: [Seeing Lana's engagement ring] Well, I guess it's a bigger day than I thought.

Comment

I can't believe you guys haven't said this one yet! This line pretty much sealed-the-deal on JK's death!

JONATHAN: I guess it's just hard looking over at your son and realize you're talking to a man. ... A man who doesn't need his father's advice anymore.

CLARK: I'm always gonna need you dad. *hug*
          Last edited by kcox6751; 03-20-2006, 02:12 PM.

Comment

There's *nothing* you could have done...

It gives me chill ever since I heard in an interview that in was the very last line schneider ever did on smallville.

Comment

Mine was somewhere when Jonathan and Martha just arrive at the election party thing where they announced it (the first time) and he's helping her with the necklace.
              Martha: Do you think you'll win, Jonathan, really? (or something like that)
              Jonathan: *chuckling* Oh, Martha, the only victory i've every cared about was the day i won your heart (or something along those lines)
              Aw Too sweet!

Comment

aww yeah that one with Martha and Jonathan was so cute and it just made the scene with Martha and Clark at the end when he is putting her pearls on her more heartbreaking.

The whole dialougue with Martha and Clark at the end before the funeral is my favorite. I will for sure be watching this episode again tomorrow night.

Comment

This really stood out:

JK: I guess it's just hard looking over at your son and realize you're talking to a man. ... A man who doesn't need his father's advice anymore.

CLARK: I'm always gonna need you Dad.

JK: There's *nothing* you could have done... (consoling Clark when Lana passed away).

Comment

1) Lana: I brought gloves and a scarf like you said.

Clark: I was afraid you weren't going to come.

Lana: Well...To be honest I don't think that a mystery date is exactly what our relationship needs right now.

Clark: That's why I called.

Lana: Clark, are you okay? Oh my gosh, your heart is racing.

Clark: Cause I'm terrified.

Lana: What's going on?

Clark: Lana. I can tell by the way you're looking at me, that I'm losing you. And it's not your fault. There's something I should have shown you a long time ago.

Lana: I don't remember this place ever being here. How did you find it?

Clark: It was left here for me.

Lana: For you.

Clark: I rehearsed this like 1000 times. Lana what I'm about to show you, may change how you feel about me.

Lana: Clark, whatever it is, it's okay.

Clark: Do you trust me? When you asked me if I believed in life on other planets, you had no idea how ironic that question was. I'm from a planet called Krypton.

Lana: But you're just like everyone else. (Clark picks her up and flies her to the top of the Fortress and sets her down).
                    Clark, this isn't the first time you've done that, is it? How many times have you been there when I didn't know it, saving me?

Clark: It doesn't matter Lana. I couldn't let anything happen to you.

Lana: No one knew.

Clark: There were so many days I wanted to tell you.

Lana: What makes today any different?

Clark: I want you to know who I really am. Will you marry me?

2) Lois to Lana: Okay, spill it.

Lana: It's nothing.

Lois: Three guesses. Tall, dark and bumbling.

Lana: It's just umm...What would you do if you thought you knew someone really well and it turns out that there's this whole other side to them?

Lois: Well, that depends. Are we talking arms-dealer territory or are we talking "the crying game"?

Lana: It's nothing like that.

Lois: Then I guess the question is, does it change the way you feel about him?

Lana: Maybe.

Lois: Look, I don't know what's going on, but I would feel lucky to end up with someone as honorable as Clark some day.

3) Lana and Clark

Clark: Lana, I thought I'd see you at the party.

Lana: I know, but then there would be all those people.

Clark: Lana, do I look different to you now?

Lana: Clark, you look like the same handsome guy I've always known.

Clark: Handsome as in "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" or handsome as in "I'm going to let you down easy."

Lana: As in..."Yes, Clark, I'll marry you."

4) Martha (to Jonathan, asking him to put pearl necklace on): Can you fix this? It's stuck. One more district, and you'll have a new commute to Topeka.

Jonathan: Whatever the outcome sweetheart, the only victory that's ever changed my life...was when I won your heart.

5) Lana and Lex

Lana: Are you okay? You sounded pretty upset in your message.

Lex: I probably shouldn't have called. I shouldn't do a lot of things, but I seem to do them, anyway. I'm sure you'll want to go back to the party.

Lana: Lex, I know how hard you worked for this, but I don't think you should take this so personally.

Lex: Do you know how many people are cheering now that the spoiled rich kid lost to some salt-of-the-earth farmer?

Lana: Well, since when do you care about what other people think?

Lex: Since I was branded at birth with the sins of my father. Just once Lana, I wanted to get out from under his shadow, you know? Earn something on my own. Consider yourself lucky you never had a father to endure, huh?

Lana: I think it's best if we talk about this when you're not drunk.

Lex: See? Now I hurt your feelings. Perfect! For this whole campaign, I've managed to alienate everyone I care about. I can't lose you, too.

Lana: Lex. Hey, you're not going to lose me. (Lex looks at the diamond ring on Lana's finger).

Lex: Well, I guess it's a bigger day than I thought.

Lana (laughing): It happened so fast, we never really got a chance to tell anyone about it.

Lex: So, after all the lies he told you, you still chose him.

Lana: You don't understand.

Lex: How many times have you come to me wondering what Clark's keeping from you? Why he disappeared to Metropolis for months? How he rose from the dead?

Lana: It's not like that now.

Lex: Really? Come on, Lana! I know you! You'd never say yes with all the doubts you have. Whatever it is he's been covering up all this time...you know, don't you?

Lana: Clark isn't hiding anything, Lex.

Lex: After everything I'd done for you, how could you lie to me! Tell me!

Clark (answering cell phone): Lana, where'd you go?

Lana: Clark, I'm so sorry. I went to see Lex, and he was really drunk.

Clark: What happened?

Lana: He knows. I don't know how he could tell, but he could tell I was hiding your secret. I didn't say anything to him, but he got really angry.

Clark: Lana, that's okay. Where are you now?

Lana: I'm on Route 40, right before Loeb Bridge. Clark, he's coming after me!

6) Clark: How could you take her away from me?

Jor-El: Human life is fragile, my son. You knew her life would be exchanged for yours.

Clark: Don't make her pay for my mistake. If I hadn't told her the truth about me, she'd still be alive! You have to let me fix it.

Jor-El: Your powers on earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods.

Clark: This is not her destiny, and you know that! There has to be a way! There has to be a way to fix this. Please.

Jor-El: There is only 1 trial you have yet to experience. But you must heed my warning. The tide of fate is impossible to stop. Even if you are able to alter one course of events, the universe will find others. There is only 1 (crystal) possibility. Once you make this choice, there is no second chance. Decide carefully.

Clark: I want to save her.

7) Lana and Lex

Lana: Are you okay? You sounded pretty upset in your message.

Lex: I probably shouldn't have called. I shouldn't do a lot of things, but I seem to do them, anyway. I'm sure you want to get back to the party.

Lana: I was kind of looking for a reason to get some air. Clark and I had our last fight.

Lex: Last, huh?

Lana: I kept waiting for that armor to crack, but...I thought that if I was patient enough, he would finally let me in, but...I guess people have armor for a reason.

Lex: Lana, I hate to say this...but it's possible that Clark's never going to trust you.

Lana: I don't understand. Why would you lie to someone you love?

Lex: I wouldn't.

8) Lionel Luthor and Jonathan Kent

Lionel: Senator, Jonathan Kent! And I didn't expect you to duck out of your victory party tonight. But I am here and I am alone, as you requested.

Jonathan: Good. So, right don't you come down here and face me, you...

Lionel: Perhaps a few lessons in tact, Senator, now that you're going to be in the public eye.

Jonathan: Why don't you just cut the crap, Luthor? Sure I know my campaign has accepted funds for you, but I also know I'm going to pay them all back, so I won't owe you a thing!

Lionel: I wonder how far that virtuous stance will get you once you get into office.

Jonathan: I just want you to understand, you don't have a puppet here.

Lionel: I should hope not. I didn't put my financial and political clout behind a candidate who would be anyone's "puppet". I envision this rather as a partnership.

Jonathan: The day you and I become partners---

Lionel: Careful, careful, careful, Senator. Don't forget, you and I have a common interest, one that uh, oh, both of us would protect with our lives. I have nothing but respect for a man who would deliberately hurl himself into the spotlight with such a...dangerous secret...that must stay hidden. (Lionel shows Jonathan picture of Clark's secret. Jonathan, looks upset, crumbles the paper and tosses it on the floor).

Jonathan: I won't let you destroy my family! (Jonathan punches Lionel out). We can withstand anything you bring down on us (breathes heavy) because we have each other (breathing heavy again). That's what will always separate the Kents from the Luthors (breathes heavy again).
                    Now why don't you get...(breathing heavy again).
                    Why don't you get the heck off my property...(Jonathan passes out, Martha and Clark rescue him and he falls in their arms and dies).

9) Clark (to his Mom): I'm sorry.

Martha: Clark, I know you blame yourself, but this is not your fault.

Clark: How can you say that? I went back to save Lana, and now Dad's gone.

Martha: Do you think you could have chosen between them if you had the chance? Clark... A heart beats only so many times in a life. Your father used his more than anyone I know.

Clark: I just don't know how I'm supposed to be the man he wanted me to be without him here.

Martha: You're his son. You know what's right and wrong. Whether your father is here with us or not... You're a man he's proud of...a man he can look up to. And something tells me he won't be the only one.

Clark: I love you, Mom.

Martha: I love you, too.

Comment

Lex: I probably shouldn't have called...probably shouldnt do a lot of things but I uh... seem to do them anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
                        Lex: "Lana, watch out!"

Lana: Aaaaaaah!

Noise 1: *CRASH!!!*

Clark: Lana?!?

Noise 2: *pedum, pedum, pedum*
                        best part of the seris!

i know that lana dying shouldn't make me so happy but it does!

Comment

One of my favorite lines in reckoning was Chloe: But you guys are like totally meant for each other. You're like Smallville's version of Kent and Barbie. But apparently, they broke up which is a little wierd. Love that one.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎