No announcement yet.

What was that thing in Clark's ear?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was that thing in Clark's ear?

Did you guys notice it? It looked like a hearing aid. You can see it in the scene when Clark is asking Lex where Lana is (as they take him to the ambulance). I have TiVo so I was able to pause it.

Logan

Man, I saw that & was wondering the same thing.

Here's the pic.

Comment

Maybe Tom has a deformed ear.

Comment

WTF?!

Comment

Oh good I thought I was seeing things. It might be an earwig, it's a small microphone, possibly director instructions.
          Actors wear them sometimes if they are supposed to be hearing music and dancing( In The Big Chill, the actors wore them in the dance scene which is why it is one of the few dance scenes that look good on camera).
          I have no idea why Tom is wearing one ???

Comment

Forgot a line maybe? BDA...

Comment

I think its just lighting... you can see similar shades of light reflecting off his cheek.

And I highly doubt the camera crew would forget that he had that on..

Comment

You know, looking back on the past episodes I've noticed that the camera always seem to focus on Clark's left side, not his right. Oh well, maybe I'm just paranoid now...

Comment

Originally posted by I want Lana Lang
                  I think its just lighting... you can see similar shades of light reflecting off his cheek.

camera crews just film things they dont pay attention to what the character is saying or wearing or anything. the director tells the cameraman where and how to shoot the scene. plus lots of movies and tv shows have screw ups in them. sometimes they forget to take down signs that say new york when the movie takes place in idaho. or i saw this thing on tv and they showed mess ups in movies and in the movie teen wolf one of the extras was on the top row of the bleachers and unziped his pants and did something. you would have thought someone would have noticed but no one will notice things that they arnt focused on

Comment

it looks like a fake ear

Originally posted by LogansRun
                    You know, looking back on the past episodes I've noticed that the camera always seem to focus on Clark's left side, not his right. Oh well, maybe I'm just paranoid now...
                    Maybe he looks better from the left lol

Comment

It's definately NOT the lighting. Tom has a device in his ear.

My first thought was, "Oh, it's just for communication with the director." But that was a simple scene that only required 1 or 2 short lines.

It wouldn't be unheard of for him to have a hearing aid. Alot of younger to middle-aged people do.

Comment

Originally posted by I want Lana Lang

Agreed. I played with it in Photoshop a bit and lightened the image up and it looks like a little too much light in the inside of the ear making it brighter than it shoulda been.

It does look like a hearing aid at first though.

Comment

Not just the still image. When lightening it up with photoshop, of course it's gonna' blend better. These devices are flesh colored.

Re-watch the actual scene, & you will see something solid in his ear. He is moving around, & you can definately tell it's not the lighting.
                          Last edited by Randy G.; 01-21-2006, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I so did not notice his ear. When i looked at the picture i was LMAO, it doesn't look like his ear, it does kinda look like something is in it...

Weird...

Comment

Sometimes when an actor is off set the director will give them earpieces to wear so that no matter where they are they can hear the call to go back on set. Maybe that's it.

Maybe Tom was being spoken to by the director, I've heard of that happening a few times before where an actor has gone on the set and not remembered to take out their ear pieces.

Perhaps he had an ear infections? I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎