Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally! We are getting to the REAL Lois Lane!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! We are getting to the REAL Lois Lane!

I usually hate Lois with a firey vengence, but it looks like TPTB are finally getting Lois right! She was driven, confident, supportive, good at her job and still didn't have any patience for the bumbeling Clark Kent. As long as Lois is actually doing something worthwhile, her snark comments don't bother me so much!

Did anybody else notice this change? Or was I just too drunk off of the Lexana lovin'?

Don't jump up and down for joy just yet. You may have just gotten lucky with this episode. I would have to say that you should wait for further episodes in which Lois appears to see if anything sticks.

Comment

Re: Finally! We are getting to the REAL Lois Lane!

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
      I usually hate Lois with a firey vengence, but it looks like TPTB are finally getting Lois right! She was driven, confident, supportive, good at her job and still didn't have any patience for the bumbeling Clark Kent. As long as Lois is actually doing something worthwhile, her snark comments don't bother me so much!

Did anybody else notice this change? Or was I just too drunk off of the Lexana lovin'?
      No you were not drunk. They have been showing Lois progress slowly this season. First, in Arrival, she cares about people being in danger. She is the one that is calling the police and trying to convince them about the aliens killing people and it is not because of her and she is the one who saves the Kents. In Acqua, she was impressed by A.C. having a purpose in life, in opposite to her. Then, in Exposed, they showed her shocked when the sheriff says there is nothing they could do against the Mr. Lyon. In Solitude, she is shaken when Lex points out she is a "muffin peddler college drop out" and when she had that interesting talk with Chloe about journalism. Episode by episode, they are hinting at Lois growing up and stoping to think about her life. I don't really see this as a one episode deal. But, then again, I can be wrong. I remember Clark used to progress as a character too, and look where he is right now. It's like he is worst than he was at the begining of the show.

Comment

She's still the lazy muffin peddler, just lightswitched into being suddenly competant. It's still crap and in no way an organic growth for her character. To be organic, it should have started from the beginning. In fact, she should have been halfway to being a great reporter, as Chloe is, if she were to be believable. This is just lightswitching because the writers and producers couldn't make it believable.

Comment

Re: Finally! We are getting to the REAL Lois Lane!

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23

I agree, I was one of the Highlights of the show .

Comment

Originally posted by margroks
            She's still the lazy muffin peddler, just lightswitched into being suddenly competant. It's still crap and in no way an organic growth for her character. To be organic, it should have started from the beginning. In fact, she should have been halfway to being a great reporter, as Chloe is, if she were to be believable. This is just lightswitching because the writers and producers couldn't make it believable.

Why should she be halfway to being a great reporter? SHE'S A TEENAGER! Geesh I don't why people can't understand that. She's not supposed to be her future self yet.

I'd say Lois is a heck of alot closer to what she should be than Clark is. This Clark will NEVER be Superman.

Comment

No, she's not. SHe's older than everyone else by far and she's screwed up her chances on many occasions. She's a loser who can only become the iconic Lois by lightswitching. The time for organic growth is long past.

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~

I'd say Lois is a heck of alot closer to what she should be than Clark is. This Clark will NEVER be Superman.
                I agree, I see a Bright Future for Lois.

As long as Clark is with Lana, I see NO FUTURE for Clark. Their's no way this moopy sap is EVER going to become SUPERMAN. Unless [The 100th Episode] is the starting point to becoming SUPERMAN .

No, she's not. SHe's older than everyone else by far and she's screwed up her chances on many occasions. She's a loser who can only become the iconic Lois by lightswitching. The time for organic growth is long past.
                BULLS!TH, Lois is not a loser, She got a future. This Clark Kent got NO FUTURE.

Comment

So people screw up that makes them HUMAN. So everyone who screws up are losers, I'll be sure to remember that the next time I screw up

She's already the iconic Lois Lane, she doesn't HAVE TO BECOME HER. She's already that person.

Comment

Actually, I thought that Lois was half-way decent last week but to think that the person expelled from college in her first semester could competently run an election campaign is laughable but I guess suitable if one likes fantasy only. Or thinks on the level of a muffin peddling college drop-out.

Thus far, Lois has been a non-stop loser going nowhere. It looks like she is dependent upon the Kent's to give her direction in life and Superman to save her life repeatedly for the remainder of her earthly years.

And she still managed an unnecessarily snide remark at Clark.

Comment

Why is it laughable? It's been said repeatedly it's not hard to run a campaign like that. YOU could even do it. I've seen kids in high school run campaigns like that.

Snide remarks are fun, that's what makes her Lois, it's a trait every Lois Lane possess, ever seen Lois on Superman: The Animated Series? SV Lois has the same personality as that Lois

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS
                        Actually, I thought that Lois was half-way decent last week but to think that the person expelled from college in her first semester could competently run an election campaign is laughable but I guess suitable if one likes fantasy only. Or thinks on the level of a muffin peddling college drop-out.
                        Let me see, my brother never went to college and now he is running a very sucessful company started from his own work. That makes him imcompete? College is just a plus, it doesn't make people smarter or having a higher IQ.

Comment

I like Lois in this Episode too. She seemed to be more of an adult

Comment

I like this Lois Lane and I think she is just getting better. Plus, she didn't get expelled from college for being an idiot; she just made some poor decisions. I'm sure many people have made bad decisions and regret ever making them. She's still smart and brassy and THAT is the iconic Lois Lane that we all love.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
                              Let me see, my brother never went to college and now he is running a very sucessful company started from his own work. That makes him imcompete? College is just a plus, it doesn't make people smarter or having a higher IQ.
                              Well said

I remember one version of Lois in the comics didnt go to college, she took night classes while working at the DP. You don't have to go to college to be successful most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎