DC Universe F.A.Q.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would win in a fight between a lantern (any colour) and a kryptonian?

Comment

• Originally posted by DA_Champion
      Who would win in a fight between a lantern (any colour) and a kryptonian?
      I think it really depends on which Lantern and how powerful the Kryptonian is allowed to be under a yellow sun, but in my mind, a Lantern and a Kryptonian who are each in their primes ought to be a pretty decent match. I'd bet on the Kryptonian, though.

Comment

• Someone like Sinestro or Atrocitus could definitely take out a kryptonian. Blue and Indigo might have it rough since their Lanterns depend on channeling Green Lanterns or other spectrum powers.

Then there's the example of Superboy Prime beating Green Lantern Sodam Yat (essentially kryptonian).

In Blackest Night Nekron pretty much turned the whole Justice League (Superman included) into Black Lanterns by just having black rings pick them. I guess he needed to create an emotional tether first but any dead relative or loved one of the kryptonian should suffice.

Comment

• Thanks for the answers guys, I'm surprised that this isn't specifically defined.

I have another question now.

Kryptonians are powerless under a red sun and powerful under a yellow sun. What about the other colours of stars? In Smallville, the phantom zone had a blue sun and left Clark powerless, but I'm not sure if that meant anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by DA_Champion
            Thanks for the answers guys, I'm surprised that this isn't specifically defined.

I have another question now.

Kryptonians are powerless under a red sun and powerful under a yellow sun. What about the other colours of stars? In Smallville, the phantom zone had a blue sun and left Clark powerless, but I'm not sure if that meant anything.
            I recall an adventure, with LoSH, where they went to a star system, that had an orange sun and Supes notes that his powers, are now at half their usual level. Other than that, I have no idea.

Not sure, what we're supposed to take from SV PZ, having a blue sun (if it meant anything at all). They weren't that consistent, with their internal logic. Sometimes blue K, had to be worn, to have an effect, others it just had to be near you. Kryptonite, was created by the explosion, but S2 Skinwalker and S9 Kandor suggests and shows (in that order), it already having existed before. The blue K infected clones, are powerless under a yellow sun, but gains them under a red sun (yet, the time traveling one, at the start of S9, was showed having powers under both... Which was never explained), until a single drop of Clark's blood, neutralizes all traces of blue K, in their blood stream. I could go on.

Likely, the PZ just had a blue sun, to make it look different, from Earth. TPTB didn't put much thought into it.

Comment

• I think in the comics it was stated a blue sun would actually give Superman extra powers. But I guess that could change from interation to iteration. There's not really a clear set of rules. It would certainly be interesting material for future Superman stories though.

Red kryptonite should also make a comeback/debut in comics and movies. You could get really creative planning new visuals and side effects from physical transformations. Superman could wear a small red k fragment in his lead lined (non-existent?) belt as a last (desperate) resort because there wouldn't be no guarentees as to what kind of a thing he'd change into:

Not a result of red k...but it could be.

Comment

• My astrophysicist self tells me that under a blue sun, or a white sun, Superman should get so many powers he should either explode or go insane... maybe like a human being who just had too much ice cream and coffee ... or like bizarro in smallville when exposed to blue kryptonite.

Comment

• Well to see what happens when Superman takes in too much energy All Star Superman is the one too look at.

Comment

• Yeah that was good in All-Star Superman.

In contrast, in Man of Steel they show Krypton orbiting a (very large) solar twin, which doesn't make any sense given the mythology and given what the movie tells us about drinking the sun's rays:

Thanks for the responses !
                    Last edited by DA_Champion; 10-12-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• All-Star Superman shows how to make sparkling right. Oh and needless to say it has a better love story than Twilight.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                        All-Star Superman shows how to make sparkling right. Oh and needless to say it has a better love story than Twilight.
                        Off-topic: I interpret Twilight as a Lois and Clark fan fiction.

And I really liked the Lois and Clark relationship in the animated feature of All Star Superman.
                        Last edited by DA_Champion; 10-13-2013, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Is Bruce Wayne gone for good or are they already planning his return in the comics?

Comment

• Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                            Is Bruce Wayne gone for good or are they already planning his return in the comics?
                            They planning his return though he is still Batman in certain books just not the current Batman book.

Comment

• Ty because i heard who is acting as Batman for now. Yeah in some books Bruce is still Batman so i was a bit confused ty again.

Comment

• I didn't know where to put this but I thought it was interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎