SUPERMAN Comics FAQ

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reading some Superman graphic novels the other day, and I came across Superman in Infinite City or something. It had a really freaky art style! Is that worth reading?

Comment

I have a question about Camelot Falls. I just found the second volume of it, but it skips over about four issues. Is there a reason for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Supermania
        I was wondering about Supergirl; what is she called in her civilian identity? Also, how does she disguise herself in her civilian identity? Does she wear glasses like Clark does?
        These days she is called Linda Lang (and does wear glasses)

In the days of yore she was called Linda Lee (and is still called that in the children's comic 'supergirl:cosmic adventures in the 8th grade'). When she was adopted she became Linda Lee Danvers. She disguised herself with a brown wig.

Do not confuse Linda Lee Danvers with Linda Danvers from Leesburg. Linda Danvers was in the early 00's Supergirl (her name was an homage). In those says editorial banned Kara from the comics to make Superman seem unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Antithesis
          I have a question about Camelot Falls. I just found the second volume of it, but it skips over about four issues. Is there a reason for that?
          The missing issues are Superman #659, 660 and 661, right? The Superman #659 is reprinted as the part of “Superman: Redemption”, and #660 and #661 are one-shot stories which doesn’t belong to the Camelot arc.

■ Comics Index (from Superman Homepage)

- Superman #660 (March)
          Kurt Busiek, Mike Manley, Bret Blevins
          Oswald Hubert Loomis, AKA the Prankster has set himself up as a man for hire. He creates diversions to enable criminals to successfully complete a robbery. A villain known as Nitro G hires Prankster to keep Superman busy while he robs a bank. Impressed with some of Prankster's tricks, Nitro G wants him to supply him with weapons, but Prankster isn't interested, but Nitro G insists. Prankster has the last laugh however, when he sets Nitro G up to fail publicly, while the Prankster slinks away.

- Superman #661 (April)
          Kurt Busiek & Richard Howell, Richard Howell, Eduardo Barreto
          Clark and Lois attend a fundraiser which Wonder Woman is helping to promote. But when a Khyrana grabs an ancient bracelet on display, Clark tries to stop her, but only finds himself at the mercy of the ancient woman, who uses his energy to make herself stronger. When Wonder Woman attempts to stop her, Khyrana saps her energy as well, only to find that Superman's energy doesn't mix so well with magic, giving the two weakened heroes a chance to take the woman down.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermania
            I was reading some Superman graphic novels the other day, and I came across Superman in Infinite City or something. It had a really freaky art style! Is that worth reading?
            Tell me about it. Me too. I hesitated to buy it when I saw the art. Lois looks like a stepmother of Cinderella, and Superman looks like…….well, very un-Superman like if it wasn’t for his suit and S curl on his hair. But apart from that, the story is definitely worth reading imo.

There’s a thread called ‘CLOIS in Superman Comics' (http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=119145) and one of our fellow members recommended this book as well. Probably you don’t read TPBs for Clois but just to reassure you that at least one more reader think it’s a good book.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblueplanet
              The missing issues are Superman #659, 660 and 661, right? The Superman #659 is reprinted as the part of “Superman: Redemption”, and #660 and #661 are one-shot stories which doesn’t belong to the Camelot arc.

■ Comics Index (from Superman Homepage)
              http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comi...ics-slist-2007

Thanks for responding. I didn't realize they did stories like that until after story arcs ended. Is it a common practice in most comics?

Comment

Originally posted by Antithesis
                Thanks for responding. I didn't realize they did stories like that until after story arcs ended. Is it a common practice in most comics?
                You're welcome, John.

As for your question, not these days I think. But I subscribed to the monthly Superman comics quite recently (= only a couple of years ago) so I might be wrong.

The last time I remember they skip the issue like this, was the ‘Last Son’ arc. But it wasn’t the same situation because the artist (= Adam Kubert) got health problems so that he couldn’t get the job done for a long time.

But as long as I remember, I don’t recall ever reading an arc which was suddenly cut and had to read a few stands-alone issues in between. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong though. Maybe it is a common thing after all.

Comment

Hi!

Which comic features the most Lois Lane, investigate, going undercover??

Really appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎