Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPERMAN Comics FAQ

Posts your F.A.Q. about Superman in the comics here.

If you know the answers feel free to post.
    Last edited by LexLuthorMetropolis; 01-04-2006, 03:55 PM.

I haven't read the early comics at all so I was wondering if Superman could fly in the first couple of issues. I heard he could just leap tall buildings, but I'm not sure of that.

Comment

In the earliest incarnations, Superman could only do large leaps from one point to the next hence "Leap tall buildings in a single bound." He evolved to fly as he went further into the stories.

Comment

Thanks. I've always wondered about that but was never sure of the answer.

Comment

Welcome. That's what this thread is for.

Comment

I've got another question. Who is Ben Hubbard? I think he is in the new movie and heard he was in the comics too, but I don't remember him. What role does he play in the Superman comics?

Comment

Ben Hubbard is Martha Kent's neighbor, a character featured briefly in Richard Donner's 1978 Superman film.

Comment

Really? He was in the movie? Was he shown or just mentioned? I have to watch that movie again. I'm kind of suprised that Singer would bring in a character that was briefly featured in the first one and have more of an important role in SR (although, I don't know how important of a role he has).

Comment

He was just mentioned in the film/

Comment

Thanks TMLS' Brother and Jellie. The info helped a lot!

Comment

No problem. Anytime

Comment

I was just wondering if the Birthright storyline is still the basic origin of Superman or has it changed to something else since? I find it hard to keep track of all the storylines going on but I just want to know the most recent origin the comics are going by currently.

Comment

Who knows anymore. DC has said it both is, and isn't. Apparently, all the events of both Birthright, and Man of Steel, happened and are in continuity.

Infinite Crisis is supposed to straighten the whole thing out, but i have a feeling, all it will do, is erase man of steel, go with birthright, and just bring back the silver age, and toss out all the good post crisis things. We'll have a planet juggling man of steel, who can fly at ten times the speed of light, and do just about anything, but the new rainbow of kryptonite will pop up all the time to stop him.

Comment

I can't keep track of Brainiac. I know when he first appeared he was Brainiac 1, and then he upgraded to 1.5, and then 2.0 before leaping ahead to 13 - what number is he at now?

I stopped reading Superman titles after the Our Worlds At War! arc but I still occasionally flip through the pages of one, especially if it's at all related to Infinite Crisis. And for the longest time I've seen Brainiac prancing around, but I don't know when he returned or how (Brainiac 13 was sent to a split-second after the Big Bang). What's the deal with him now?

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat
                              I can't keep track of Brainiac. I know when he first appeared he was Brainiac 1, and then he upgraded to 1.5, and then 2.0 before leaping ahead to 13 - what number is he at now?

I stopped reading Superman titles after the Our Worlds At War! arc but I still occasionally flip through the pages of one, especially if it's at all related to Infinite Crisis. And for the longest time I've seen Brainiac prancing around, but I don't know when he returned or how (Brainiac 13 was sent to a split-second after the Big Bang). What's the deal with him now?
                              I was going to post an explanation of this, but this'll be easier. lol

In a nutshell, the Brainiac that was taken to the Big Bang was Brainiac 13. Each "upgrade" or Brainiac is actually a different entity. That's why Brainiac 2.5 existed to help them fight Brainiac 13.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎