Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am I seriously the only person who thought this episode SUCKED?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost certainly (I said almost, that's not %100) it will be a better episode. Simply because they won't be slathering on the sentiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew
      The only lowpoint would probably be the Santa, subplot. That wasn't even that bad becauseit showed Clark helping someone out, and it was a SUBPLOT.

The actual story was great. We rarely get to see Lex episodes, and this one was done very well.
      That's exactly my opinion!
      Lex is normally a mystery so i was glad about the new perspective.

Plus it was a welcome break from the Clana drama.

Comment

episode sucked. definitely.

Comment

Re: am I seriously the only person who thought this episode SUCKED?

Originally posted by Hydra
          No offence to all of you who liked this episode, but I just found it to be terrible. It was remenicient of all those other cheezy predictable and christmas specials on tv that I used to watch as a kid. Not that I have a problem with happy feelings and good holiday christmas cheer and all that (seeing as I do partake in them on a yearly basis just like all the rest), but I just found the sentimenality levels in this particular episode to be insulting. I mean seriously... a drunken santa about to commit suicide because "people have lost the true meaning of christmas"? And how is this problem rectified? Because Clark and Chloe (two people folks) and helping people? Really folks, I could understand if this santa had other emotional problems to begin with. But the fact that his problem is fixed just like that and now he's feeling amazing... what does he suffer menach (excuse my spelling) depression?
          I guess his depression could be a result of the fact that he (apparently) IS Santa, which makes it all the worse.
          A. If he is Santa then he should know that there are other good people out there. You can't honestly expect me to believe that Clark and Chloe were the only two people on earth with good intentions on that night.
          B. Just the fact that Santa is a part of the Smallville universe is even more atrocias to me. I'm not entirely agains the occasional supernatural element thrown in to this show, but Santa draws the line for me. Yes he's a very amusing character, and I love reading 'the night before christmas', but that's where he should stay. Smallville and Santa just don't mix, as soon as Santa dissapeared with all of the presents I just groaned.

Yes there were some good elements to this episode, but even Michael Rosenbaums performance couldn't save this one for me. The Lex Luthor story line was just as sappy to me, and with the exception of the very last scene with Lex at the end, and the scene with his father, I can't say I really enjoyed any of it.

Bottom line. I was expecting everyone to hate this episode before I saw it, because it sounded like it was going to suck. After actually watching it I found it was much worse than I could have imagined, and naturally thought that people would be bashing this episode left right and centre. As it would seem this has gotten some of the most positive responses I've seen on Ksite in quite some time. For me I'd have to say this is my least favorite episode from the entire show. Never thought I'd disagree with the masses on this site.
          I see where you're coming from- but this episode was more important than you think. It was a serious turning point for Lex, and he will never be the same again.
          Now he has turned his back on love, no friendships will ever be made or remade.
          And we also learned what he really wanted in life from his dream. Acceptance from Jonathan Kent, and basically all round love.
          The episode also ended on a very dark note-
          "Do whatever it takes to knock Jonathan Kent out of the race."
          And as for disliking christmas episodes....SCROOGE!!!

Comment

originally posted by
            LionelLuthor

I see where you're coming from- but this episode was more important than you think. It was a serious turning point for Lex, and he will never be the same again.
            Now he has turned his back on love, no friendships will ever be made or remade.
            And we also learned what he really wanted in life from his dream. Acceptance from Jonathan Kent, and basically all round love.
            The episode also ended on a very dark note-
            "Do whatever it takes to knock Jonathan Kent out of the race."
            And as for disliking christmas episodes....SCROOGE!!!
            I agree that the very end (Lex wanting to knock Bo Kent out of the race) was pretty cool, but the fact that this episode was such a huge turning point for Lex is exactly what bugs me. You're telling me that Lex's huge and final 'turn to evil' came about because he had a bad dream? I've had many bad dreams which have seen my worst fears come to life, but I didn't wake up and go 'Oh good heavens... everything seems so clear now!'

Yes I know that it was a traumatic situation, but you get the point. I just feel that Lex's final transformation should be more epic.

Comment

Thought it was a great episode. It was a nod to the Superman/Santa team ups in the comics, and a nod to the Art Carney Santa twilight Zone. At least, the total 3 minutes on the "C" story added up to that.

I felt that the Lex story REALLY moved forward in this story, and it was nice seeing Lex and Lana (in particular) play different shades of their characters. Also, it was great seeing JK put his arm around the humanitarian of the year. 4/5 here. Just thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

I really dug the Lex moments but gagged on the Santa stuff. That was just cheesy and too far fetched.

Comment

It was a christmas episode, it should contain info that you could always skip (because of xmas) AND if you choose to watch, you will see the christmas spirit all over. It was perfect. Finally made it clear about what is Lex will become.

Comment

I loved this episode! In my opinion, it was as good an episode as ever.

Comment

Going back and watching it a couple years later, this is an episode I now have mixed feelings about. I think the Lex Centric stuff is much better than I originally gave it credit for, but the santa subplot is still lame (this will never change), and I find it it a bit weak that Lex was so affected by a dream in which something bad happened. Also assuming Lex was to choose Lana over his personal ambitions why the hell would Lionel be able to determine whether Lex inherited the fortune? Lex got everything after Lionel was thrown in Jail back in Season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra
                        Going back and watching it a couple years later, this is an episode I now have mixed feelings about. I think the Lex Centric stuff is much better than I originally gave it credit for, but the santa subplot is still lame (this will never change), and I find it it a bit weak that Lex was so affected by a dream in which something bad happened. Also assuming Lex was to choose Lana over his personal ambitions why the hell would Lionel be able to determine whether Lex inherited the fortune? Lex got everything after Lionel was thrown in Jail back in Season 3.
                        This episode is one of my least favourites ever. Like you said, how can Lex be so affected by a dream??
                        And this whole Santa Claus story......well, at least Tom was cute as always, but that's it.

Comment

I guess thats good for you, but what are us guys supposed to do? haha

Comment

definantly not one of my favorite episode, but there is worse

Comment

Oh certainly there are. I guess at the time of my posting this I was shocked at the postive reaction this episode received while other episodes (that while not great were certainly better than this one) got numerous negative reviews.

Comment

I hated this episode with great passion. I try to forget it exists. I have only ever seen it once, and that was enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎