Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am I seriously the only person who thought this episode SUCKED?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Santa-Chloe-Clark arc was pure "Letters to Superman" from the comics (where shows us Superman delivering presents on the X-Mas Eve and dealing with common people problems).

Comment

This, to me was the best episode of the season. EVERY episode should be like this dammit. Every episode should be about Lex and not Clark. Michael Rosenbaum is a better actor and he makes things more interesting.

Comment

I guess with the Lex story line what bugged me the most was the out right sickening happiness of it all, and I just knew that something was going to go wrong. I guessed almost right from the start that Lana was going to die. It was just too predictable. But I did enjoy the scenes that involved the luthor family. I'm also not knocking Michael Rosenbaum, I just think TPTB could have written a far better, less overly sentimental episode.

And yes I know the Santa storyline was the B plot, but for me it distracted from the episode as a whole.

Comment

I think that is the problem , a lot of us have very high expectations and our standards are very high for the show. We keeping hoping the next episode or the next season will be better then the last. You can't expect TPTB to continually top their work. I was very happy with Lexmas. The final scene with Lex's mother in the window's reflection made me think a lot. They really did a great job with the Scrooge theme. Instead of Scrooge waking up changed, he wakes up 10x as evil. I loved it. More evil Lex is, the better the show.

Comment

I can see why you liked that, but even the 'transition to evil' thing bugged me. Don't get me wrong, no one wants to see Lex go bad worse than me, but the concept that a pivotal moment in Lex's life in his journey to darkness, was a bad dream... really really galls me.

Comment

I wouldnt say the epsiode was that bad!!!... although i do believe the epsiode was a little bit too hyped up....

apart from that... i thought it was a goodun!

Comment

I guess it was just me then. I dunno, for some reason I just couldn't watch it without cringing.

Comment

First Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
                  Santa using Just Clark and Chloe as the 2 people who are out doing Christmas good, was for the Smallville universe charactors and audience. Santa wasn't drunk, just pretending, because in the scene with Chloe, he isn't drunk, and you can't get rid of the effects of alchol that quickly. Maybe Santa was giving Clark a lesson, because he wasn't happy about giving up his Chistmas and did it reluctantly for Chloe.
                  What's wrong with Santa giving Clark and us those lessons.
                  Campy! cheessy! I beg to differ. That's whats makes Christmas special, the innocense.
                  I think thats what I like about Superman so much. the campy, cheesy innocense.
                  It's a shame we can enjoy a man who flies, but not one who flies with riendeer and delivers presents.

Comment

Well,I think they could done this episode without any Santa Clause references.They wanted to do a "Its a wonderful life" episode involving Lex and Lana.I think that most Smallville viewers felt annoyed is because they used Santa Clause,and correct me if I am wrong,but Santa is a symbol for the children,mostly.They wanted to include Santa because the episode was done in in December....but Santa wasnt needed at all.Clark Kent is like Santa Clause because he is always helping others.

LEXMAS sounded like the special Kids s Smallville episode....
                    and boy I dont like Christmas TV specials.....I love Christmas of course.....

There was a similar show done in Star Trek,"Tapestry" do you remember it? Anyway,LEXMAS is one of those Smallville episodes that are better if you dont see them.....

By the way:Merry Christmas and happy new year 2006!

Ah,dont forget to read the wonderful book
                    "Superman:Peace on Earth" which is great reading material for this holiday season.....

Oh and I do have the Christmas spirit but not when Smallville is involved!
                    Last edited by Shinzon2004; 12-25-2005, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Thank you Shinzon. That's exactly how I feel.

I love Christmas, no doubt. But Christmas specials do generally suck (with a few notable exceptions).

On that note. Merry Christmas. It is now officially the 25th!

Comment

I enjoyed the episode, but agree with the criticisms.

I enjoyed Lex and Lana's acting. Santa subplot was terrible.

The whole 'turn to the darkside' a la star wars was wanting. Apart from being a stale copy, it isn't credible.

For a long time now I've thought that there is something wanting in the quality of writing in the show. You seem to get good writing mixed with bad.

Comment

The santa's part was ridiculous.I know that it was a Christmas's episode but,I think that they took their eggnog way too strong

Comment

sorry...boo..show sucked eggnog. oh and i think michael acting isn't better than tom...personally i dont think neither of them are that great..but they do keep the show alive..that and the effects . anyway i really really hope the next episode will make up for this bad one. happy holidays!

Comment

It's a really bad sign when even Lex-centric episodes are disapointing.

Comment

I have to agree i was a little disappointed in this episode to but most christmas episodes are cheesy i guess.. LOL hopefully the new one coming up on the Jan 12th will be better cause im waiting so patiently to see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎