Veronica Mars In The Media

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanz yellowqueen. u always do ur best to make this board cool lol.

Comment

Thanks guys... I'm glad you appreciate it!!!

Here's the Hollywood Jesus Review...

Of course, Veronica is not Buffy (who could be?), but there are some similarities. Like Buffy, she is an outsider, very gifted, and tough (but tender). She is beginning to acquire her own little “Scooby Gang” to help her. But the real similarity is the battle between good and evil.

In Buffy, that battle took place in a supernatural realm. The good and evil were cosmic. For Veronica, the evil is not from some cosmic evil, it grows from within people (which is far more sinister.) Buffy was always saving the world (literally); Veronica saves people that no one else really cares about.
      Blog Critics review of season one...

Sure, there's complex characters, an interesting, twisting story, but what makes it all work is that it plays back up to the real gig, private investigation. It's not all fun all the time. Veronica helps out her dad with his new business, a small P.I. shop. She gets to spy on people, snap their photos, and bug their offices.

All in all, it's one of the best TV shows I've seen in a while. It doesn't follow the normal script. Characters who die, stay dead. The story is good, the acting is superb, and Lily Kain's murder mystery is actually solved in the first season. No more bleeding a show to death trying to stop the inevitable event from happening. So, if you didn't catch Season One of Veronica Mars, you'd damn well better see the re-runs before Season Two begins.
      Last edited by yellowqueen22; 11-19-2005, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Buffy isn't that much like Veronica.. yeah good and evil stuff, and gifted like the review said, but they have seperate worlds(literally) .. YQ22 i agree with military brat.. you do so much on this board(fan art/avatars.. this thread you made.. your ideas.. and a lot more

Comment

The Metacritic review gave the 1st season DVD an 82 - universal acclaim... for those of you who don't know Metacritic, it is out of 100, they combine scores from a whole bunch of reviewers, including their own, and anything above a 60 is pretty much excellent.

Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

Originally posted by LaineSV11
          YQ22 i agree with military brat.. you do so much on this board(fan art/avatars.. this thread you made.. your ideas.. and a lot more
          Awwww... you guys are so sweet. I'm just glad that all of you keep coming back... otherwise I'd be posting all of this for myself. LOL. Thanks again for all the kind words & thoughful praise!!!

Comment

No problem... the 82 score is good, if 60 is considered to be really good!

Comment

A great place for TV recaps is www.tvgasm.com. The writers weave their own personal reviews within the recap and it makes it really unique. You can even leave comments!

On another note: They also have Smallville recaps and America's Next Top Model ones.

Comment

Veronica Mars (8-9 p.m., KTXA/Channel 21) Last week, politically oriented comic strip Mallard Fillmore called this modern Nancy Drew story the best-written show on television. It's at least one of the best-written, and witty, touching, suspenseful and multileveled. But don't take my word for it -- take a Libertarian cartoon duck's. UPN.
                Yes, Veronica Mars has indeed been widely compared with Buffy: the Vampire Slayer, but despite sharing similarities – the strength of the lead, the witty dialogue, the episodic nature fitted into a larger story arc - Veronica Mars is definitely strong enough to stand out on its own. For a start, there's no reliance on the supernatural, and there's enough differentiation for the series not to be simply dismissed as a 'clone' of any other. Joss Whedon himself has roundly come out stating Veronica Mars is one of his favourite TV shows, and it's probably true that Veronica Mars may not have been written in the same way (or, if so, greenlit) if it hadn't been for the Buffy's success. But either way, there's enough room in the market for two sassy blonde female protagonists – don't let the comparisons drag you down; each show is special in its own way and Veronica Mars pulls you in right from the beginning with its dark tone and secrets.

Comment

www.vm-caps.com for Veronica Mars screencaps galore.

Comment

Very short Australian review...

Veronica investigates the disappearance of a neighbour, with slightly sinister results.

Comment

Veronica Mars Featured on TV Fan Podcast 12/9

Veronica Mars is featured this week on Small Screen Buzz, a weekly TV fan podcast!

In addition to general discussion of the series, hosts Kelli & Rod also comment on last week's episode: "One Angry Veronica."

Listen to the show at www.smallscreenbuzz.com and then let us know what you think. This podcast is a non-profit, fan-based project recorded in our home office - a true grassroots effort.

Enjoy!
                      Last edited by NewAgeJesus; 12-12-2005, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I don’t know how recent this is, or if it has already been posted, but tvguide.com has Veronica Mars under best TV of 2005

Comment

Here's a review coming in from Australia where they are just beginning season one....

Comment

TV Gal of Zap2it TV also placed Veronica Mars on here top 10 TV shows list...

Comment

Originally posted by yellowqueen22
                              Here's a review coming in from Australia where they are just beginning season one....

http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio...631139171.html
                              I just read that.. a lot of it.. was... well.. wrong. Or at least not quite right.

Comment

I wrote in to tell them about the many, many mistakes in that article. I was REALLY nice about it, gentle even, and they sent back an *extremely* snotty response. They claimed that Scott Ellis screwed everything up on purpose so as "not to ruin things for people who hadn't seen the rest of the series." Um, he mostly screwed up the details of the pilot. BUT OKAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎