Veronica Mars In The Media

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen it, and I haven't heard of it. Which issue is it?

Thanks for the heads-up, BTW.

Comment

Which Entertainment Weekly? Do you know what date? I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

hmmm, it was their last issue, which was a double issue because of the holiday coming up....it should still be on newsstands now!
        I was quite excited to see them honour the show!!!

Comment

K... I have that one... haven't read through it yet... will look for the article... thanks!!!

Comment

dont live in the us ... can anyone post it on the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by keaton11
              hmmm, it was their last issue, which was a double issue because of the holiday coming up....it should still be on newsstands now!
              I was quite excited to see them honour the show!!!
              Now I'll have to get this issue... double dose of the new Superman movie and Veronica Mars. Thanks!

Originally posted by sunshine89
              dont live in the us ... can anyone post it on the forum?
              If I can get the issue, I will.

Comment

I have the issue... soon as I look at it... hopefully tonight... I'll post it.

Comment

And the article... as promised...

The cast of Veronica Mars is featured in this week's double issue of EW. They are featured in EW's annual Must List... under the Up and Coming Category. They take spots 103-106 on the list... but note that the list is not in any numerical order of preference. There is a great picture featuring the cast members who have obtained this honored position... and the title is "Sleuth Slayers". Here goes the article...

Names/Ages - Jason Dohring, 23; Enrico Colantoni, 42; Kristen Bell, 24; Percy Daggs III, 22.

Mustworthiness - Veronica and her support team - dad Keith (Colantoni), best friend Wallace (Daggs), and boyfriend Logan (Dohring) - cracked a mystery far greater than who killed Lilly Kane. They figured out how to make a witty, riveting teen noir drama that's been hailed as the second coming of that other witty, riveting teen noir drama that UPN aired, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

On Their Must Lists - Bell: "I've been really into the Wainwrights, Martha and Rufus. His music is so calming." Dohring: "Deadwood blows me away. Everybody's working - even people int he background. It's beyond TV."

Prep School - Daggs: "I treat it like sports. It probably looks funny to other people, but I try to stretch a little." Dohring: "I'll get a fellow actor and we'll push each other around just to get going."

Daddy Issues: "Colantoni's 8-year-old son and 5-year-old daughter have different takes on their dad's TV daughter: "Quintin is smitten by her. But Madelyn doesn't like anybody calling me Daddy. The show was on at home, and she stopped what she was doing and said, 'No MY daddy.'"

Girl Power - Bell: "I love Veronica she says the things that you wake up in the middle of the night and go, 'Damn, I wish I said that.'"

Next - Japanese-thriller remake "Pulse" for Bell, plus season 2 of "Mars" for all.

So there's the article... not much too it.. except that it is interesting which cast members EW selected to feature on its Must List... remember each actor received a spot on the Must List (103, 104,105, 106)... as opposed to a single spot for the show or entire cast of Veronica Mars. Most notably excluded from the list are Dunn & Capra.

Comment

Oh! Yeah, I already saw this online. EW has it on their site.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

thanks a bunch, yellowqueen22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mars Attacks Article - Salon

This is an old article... but really great. Not necessarily a fan of the somewhat insulting comments about Buffy the Vampire Slayer... but as a whole a really good article about what makes Veronica Mars a great show!

Stop rewinding your "Buffy" tapes. "Veronica Mars" gives us an unflappable girl heroine, complex characters and a darkly realistic vision of high school -- and no wooden stakes.

Comment

All this praise for the show is getting boring.

Comment

Originally posted by NewAgeJesus
                              All this praise for the show is getting boring.
                              Why boring?????

Comment

I was kiddin'... All this show gets is praise - which is a good thing, it's a great show.

Sometimes i think it'd be good to get a bad review, so we'd have something to talk about

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎