Veronica Mars In The Media

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article on the move from high school to college on Veronica Mars. Some quotes from Kristen and Enrico. Be warned there are a few casting and episode spoilers in the article.

The title character of the CW series — with her quick, bright wit and sharp eye for life's darker moments — has left high school and is going to college, doffing her dark threads and spiked tresses for something a little more stylish.

Just don't call it "mainstream," says Kristen Bell, who plays Veronica.
    The title character of the CW series — with her quick, bright wit and sharp eye for life's darker moments — has left high school and is going to college, doffing her dark threads and spiked tresses for something a little more stylish.

Just don't call it "mainstream," says Kristen Bell, who plays Veronica.

Comment

• "whodunnit"-NJ Star ledger on ep 9

...[the arc] about a serial rapist stalking Veronica's college campus concludes tonight (11/8), followed by a seven-ep arc, followed by a four ep one. As some important clues flew by in a hurry, anyone who has easy access to previous episodes may want to rewatch the second ep...)

With the smallest budget of any drama on network TV, creator Rob Thomas can only use three actors (Kristen Bell, Enrico Colantoni, and Jason Dohring) in every episode, and has to carefully dole out appearances by the others. Tonight's episode is the first all seaons to feature virtually the entire supporting cast.
      Last edited by baldy46; 11-28-2006, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• From Variety CW's "Gilmore Girls" (1.8/5 in 18-49, 4.0 million viewers overall) was up slightly week to week and finished second in its hour among adults 18-34 (2.1/7), but "Veronica Mars" didn't do much in its return to the sked [on TU 5/1] at 9 (1.1/3 in 18-49, 2.4 million viewers overall).

Comment

• ON A GILMORE GRILS SITE IT HAD A POLE ON VMARS VS GG AND VMARS WAS WINNING ON THIER SITE

Comment

• Hard for Bell to say goodbye to life on 'Mars'

Asked what KB would miss most about the character, KB didn't hesitate: "Other than everything? It feels sort of like graduating high school, You really only recognize how special it is once it's gone away. Of course, everyone graduates from different jobs, then they move on--- but I don't know I'll find as special a show ever again. I think I'm only truly realizing that now."

KB said the network has until Friday to tell the show's producers whether it will be a midseason replacement. CW spokesperson Jeff Tobler confirmed the Friday deadline.

Even if VM doesn't make it back to the small screen, KB said that she would be happy to reprise her role in a feature film. "I'm game. I would work for Rob Thomas in a heartbeat. Not just because of his brilliance, but because he's a great guy."

Meanwhile KB is in Hawaii filming a Judd Apatow-produced comedy, "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". KB plays the title character.

from yesterday's (6/11/07) NY Daily News p83 by Mike Householder of the Associated Press

Comment

• I know these threads are extremely old, but I decided to check this one out and I really enjoyed reading all of the articles.

I did not start watching Veronica Mars until the third season. (a friend who worked in a video store suggested I rent the series) After I first watched the entire season 1 and season 2 on DVD (almost non-stop) I waited patiently for season 3 to come out on DVD and purchased it right away. I only wish I could have helped contribute to the ratings while it was on air!

Since first watching the series I have rewatched it several times with almost every member of my family (extended family too) and they all quickly became diehard VM fans as well. It is funny how the show creates such fierce loyalty and passion from it's fans. My mom, who I have NEVER seen get into any show this much, surprised me one day. I went over to my parents house to watch more of S3 with them. And here my mom was wearing a "Vote for Keith Mars" pin on her shirt!! LOL No lie! She was messing around and made one at work. She really was too adorable for words with how she got into the show.

So the only thing I can come up with is advertising. That has got to be the reason that the show didn't succeed. because pretty much anyone who actually WATCHES the show ends up falling in love with it and becoming VM's biggest champion. So getting people to love the show is not a problem, getting them to watch it, must have been.

It just sucks because I just read article after article in this thread about how well loved this show was by CRITICS and other media/acting professionals and yet it wasn't able to continue!!! My family still bemoans the fact that VM isn't going to be coming back on air.

It is such a shame, because clearly it is a well beloved show by everyone who watches it. Not many other shows match the quality that was Veronica Mars.

Comment

• I love - and have loved - VM since the first episode. This is the only show I have watched every episode on tv from beginning to end. This was a fabulous show, and I will never get over its cancellation. I think you are right, Britt. No one I know who has seen this show doesn't like it. My parents watched a couple episodes when it was on, and didn't get too into it. But they did like it. I think a lot of people didn't really know about it, and those who did, maybe didn't know what it was all about. I remember when it first came out, they tried to make it sound like V was a Buffy-type character, which she was not. I think there were a lot things that contributed to the cancellation, but they certainly didn't treat it the same with advertising as they did with other shows. Had it had Gossip Girl type ads, perhaps it would still be around.

Comment

• Originally posted by comptonassmel
                  Had it had Gossip Girl type ads, perhaps it would still be around.
                  The bitterness is almost to much to handle. Now I don't like to swear but I just get so...PISSED OFF....when I think about how the show was treated...how Supenratural is treated by the CW now. These shows are absolute GEMS and they just ignore them in favor of of promoting shows that have pathetic storylines and mediocre acting. It just does NOT MAKE SENSE!!

Veronica Mars was extremely well-written and the acting was superb, I just don't get why they could not support the show more than they did? What did they have against it? How could they not see what was right in front of them? I hate it when people defend Dawn O. or the network about VM's cancellation saying "well it's just business, you're not going to keep a show on the air that doesn't get good ratings". Dawn O. cannot blame Veronica Mars' cancellation on the ratings when she/they never put any real effort into advertising it. So don't pass the buck and say "we didn't have a choice, it just wasn't a hit." It most certainly would have been if they had supported the show properly. GRRR!! I get so mad when I think about it!!

And I just have to tell myself to be extremely grateful that Supernatural even got a fourth season (and hopefully a fifth and final). Because this amazing show could have easily gone the same route as VM and that would have been a total SHAME! I'm thankful for every single new episode we get! I seriously cannot even contemplate how angry I would have been had SPN been cancelled in it's third season with (not sure how much you know about what's coming up in Supernatural but don't read until you have seen the 3rd season!) [SPOILER]Dean going to hell[/SPOILER] That would NOT have been cool!

Ugh. Dawn O and Co. are just so ridiculaously STUPID!!! I just wish we would have had someone more intelligent running things when VM was on because I'm sure they would have realized what a goldmine they had on their hands with a strong female character like Veronica. The only female characters that Dawn appreciates are rich snobby sluts with eating disorders!!! This may be coming out harsh but, the longer I think about it the angrier I get!!

So I'm going to stop now.
                  Last edited by SweetOne; 10-14-2008, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Hahaha your rant was excellent! As much as I am addicted to Gossip Girl, it does not hold a candle to VM. If GG was got cancelled, I'd be bummed for awhile, but I'd get over it. I am STILL not over the cancellation of VM. I think the advertising for GG is excellent. I don't understand why the CW thinks that we want to see insanely rich people more than people like us. And there were TONS of rich people on VM, so...yeah. No excuses. GG doesn't get the greatest ratings either but it gets buzz. VM got buzz, and critics liked it. Critics do NOT like GG. At least, most of them don't. There's an entire GG campaign filled with negative comments from critics, which is a brilliant idea. Meaning that CW has brilliant people in their advertising department. Which proves the point that they did not treat VM (or SPN now) properly.

(Britt, thanks for the spoiler alert! Although I did already know that from seeing it somewhere before I started watching the show.)

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎