No announcement yet.

Episode 1.14: Mars vs. Mars

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 1.14: Mars vs. Mars

This is another classic example of Veronica trusting the wrong person. Because of her attraction (not sexual) to her teacher she is unable to see who he truly is... and as a result turns her back on her father and fails to trust his judgment. Veronica is headstrong & stubborn in this episode... but full of conviction.

The episode hosts a number of uncomfortably humorous situations such as the school girl fantasy sing song in the quad, Veronica's joking cell phone text messages, and the crazy women who is obsessed with Lynn & Aaron Echolls. Aside from that the audience is given a look at Veronica 's relationships develop... she comes clean with Leo... and she continues to help Logan. Interestingly enough... Weevil once again seems to help Logan and empathize with Logan. One thing I'm still confused about over season one is Weevil's feeling towards Logan... he seems to jump back & forth.

And of course the episode ends strong with Veronica's confrontation with Abel... which feels remarkably like their last conversation... only now Veronica has the upper hand.

And for those of you that read Rob Thomas' book "Rat Saw God", this episode may feel slightly reminiscent.

Best Quotes:
    Veronica: What about the woman who saw her jump? It's been on every channel.
    Logan: Well, if she's on the TV, she must be telling the truth.
    Veronica: Do something for me?
    Wallace: Let me guess...borrow her permanent file.
    Veronica: I remember when you were new and eager to please. Good times.
    Logan: Well I'll go with you.
    Veronica: Actually, despite popular opinion, you really can't beat the truth out of someone.
    Logan: Listen, I'm going.
    Veronica: You're not.
    Logan: 'Kay, what are you gonna stop me with?
    Veronica: Force of will, strength of character, tenacity, karate chop?
    Veronica: I know all of this because I
    have done everything I could to get to the truth, including using you, and I'm really sorry about that. But I used you then fell for you, not the other way around
    Veronica: She must be going through a shy phase.
    Mr. Rooks: Not really. She's usually pretty gregarious. She must really dislike you.
    Veronica: There's a club she can join.
    Veronica: I just don't want you to get your hopes up.
    Logan: I am not paying you to worry about my hopes. I'm paying you to follow leads.
    Veronica: I wasn't aware you were paying me.
    Logan: This isn't a favor, it's a job, you know. I mean, we're not exchanging friendship bracelets.
    Veronica: I'll stop braiding.
    Veronica: So you got a trophy for a rim job?
    Weevil: Forget it. Look, I got some information for you.
    Veronica: Finally, a Deep Throat to call my own.
    Weevil: I'm not gonna touch that one.
    Abel: So, what would you like to know now, Veronica Mars, intrepid girl reporter?
    Veronica: Nothing. This time I just want you to know what I know.

Those quotes are so funny.. especially withwhen Veronica says Theres a club she can join.. and I can't believe Weevil actually liked Logan, because look at them now!

Comment

One of the most interesting things about this episode is the fact that Veronica is so convict that her teacher is not guilty. However, she keeps phrasing it as everything in her gut points to the girl lying. And in the end she was right about the lies but not about the guilt of her teacher.

This was another episode where Veronica is crazy judgmental and forced to see the error of her ways.

Comment

It really sucked that her teacher ended actually doing something to a girl. Wasn't it consensual tho? I guess statutary rape goes in effect for minors.

Also, the ending scene was funny, since Abel had the same reaction that Veronica had when they last talked.

Finding out about the missing credit card reall kept hopes up for Logan's mom still being alive.

Comment

I was really sad when the teacher ended up being guilty. I was totally defensive of him, just like V was. I have always been a bit of a "teachers pet" . I would chat more with my teachers than my classmates sometimes! Growing up, I always seemed to be able to converse with adults easier than with my peers, so I always seemed to have a natural bond with most of my teachers. Plus, a lot of them were just awesome at their job and I have a lot of respect for a teacher that can teach their subject in an interesting, enthusiastic way.

SO I was really wanting V to be right (and I believed she would be!). I was devestated when she was wrong about him, what a sleaze!! He completely hooked me with that cute scene with his little girl. It did help to lessen the blow with th fact that at least she was right about that girl lying. I loved the courtroom scene. The cell-phone thing was fun!!

Oh yeah, and I cannot specifically place where else I've seen the actor that plays the teacher, but I have always been attracted to him! So it was very yummy to see him in the role of hot young teacher.

Originally posted by Lightning Flash
          Wasn't it consensual tho? I guess statutary rape goes in effect for minors.
          Yeah, even if it is consensual, if it's between an adult and a minor, it IS statutory rape.

Comment

I think the actor is super cute too. Too bad he played a sleeze.

So I just rewatched this one today. I don't remember my initial thoughts about whether or not it was true, but I love that Keith and V are both right AND wrong in their thinking.

This also puts us a little closer to LoVe, since L&V are spending more time together with the investigation of his mother. Yay!

One thing I thought was funny...Leighton Meester of Gossip Girl fame plays Carrie Bishop, who V calls a gossip queen or something. It's as if she could predict what was coming!

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎