Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark Not Willing to Help Chloe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see a problem with Chloe asking Clark to help, what I don't like is that she had to guilt him into doing it. Willingness to help is something the future Superman shouldn't have to be guilted into doing

Comment

Excellent points. I agree, that although Clark is sometimes a reluctant hero, he is there when he is needed. According to Lana's words in shimmer-"That's the thing about Clark Kent: He's not always there when you want him, but he's always there when you need him"

Comment

Originally posted by photogirl
        Excellent points. I agree, that although Clark is sometimes a reluctant hero, he is there when he is needed. According to Lana's words in shimmer-"That's the thing about Clark Kent: He's not always there when you want him, but he's always there when you need him"

So I guess you voted "No he does not need to be persuaded"??

Comment

Originally posted by captaincharisma
          Yes Clark was at a party with Lana. Chloe pre-planned everything and that load was not something a normal man could handle.
          I guess you missed the line when Chloe says that the teamsters are on strike. She had to spend her Christmas Eve at the DP missing out on the fun also. Chloe admits her willingness doesn't hurt to help her standing at the Planet but clearly that is not her motivation. Helping out the kids by giving up something of themselves was both what Clark and Chloe decided was most important on Christmas.

Originally posted by ClarksNextGF
          In MOST cases, I agree that Clark is a reluctant hero. This is NOT one of those cases. Chloe was using Clark to her own advantage (namely to keep from getting herself fired) - she was SUPPOSE to make arrangements to have those presents delivered and she didn't. So, instead of taking responsibility for her own actions, she decides that it would be easier to just take advantage of Clark's powers.
          Ahh no again. Also someone who missed the line about the teamsters being on strike and Santa and Clark not being mistaken for "scabs".
          Everyone gets in a pinch once in a while and we all rely on our friends to help us out. God knows Clark always runs to Chloe to help him out of a bind. Chloe understands she can also rely on her friend Clark. In no way was this Chloe taking advantage of Clark's powers ( unlike Pete in Velocity). In this case it was to help out needy children by delivering Christmas presents for goodness sakes! Who else are you going ask for help if not your buddy with superpowers. Chloe never takes advantage. I don't know if it wouldn't be so tempting for the rest of us though. Actually, I think Chloe shows great restraint!
          Last edited by jaime,oburg; 12-18-2005, 06:38 AM.

Comment

I've been thinking about it and I think that Chloe did the best thing asking Clark to help her I know he was reluctant at first but I beleive his whining is some sort of atumatic reaction and even if he would just had superspeed he would probably would had be back by himself because no matter how beautiful Lana is he would had think about those children in wouldn't feel good about not helping in fact if Chloe would had not ask his help he would had felt offended by it with the time I mean "The girl is my BF, saved my life in many times, keeps my secret, listens to me, admires me , loves me even if I don't and then when there is something I can do for her with my powers she think I'm selfish enough not make a sacrifice and help her out because I want to be with my GF ...she must think I'm a jerk" Yoi know that Clark doesn't hesitated to ask for Lex help back when they were friends so obviously he thinks that asking for favors is something that friends are for so Chloe being in a trouble that he could solve with his powers and not asking him is like she doesn't consider him such a good friend as she is.
            So Chloe did the right thing IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by lastdaughterofkrypton
              I've been thinking about it and I think that Chloe did the best thing asking Clark to help her I know he was reluctant at first but I beleive his whining is some sort of atumatic reaction and even if he would just had superspeed he would probably would had be back by himself because no matter how beautiful Lana is he would had think about those children in wouldn't feel good about not helping in fact if Chloe would had not ask his help he would had felt offended by it with the time I mean "The girl is my BF, saved my life in many times, keeps my secret, listens to me, admires me , loves me even if I don't and then when there is something I can do for her with my powers she think I'm selfish enough not make a sacrifice and help her out because I want to be with my GF ...she must think I'm a jerk" Yoi know that Clark doesn't hesitated to ask for Lex help back when they were friends so obviously he thinks that asking for favors is something that friends are for so Chloe being in a trouble that he could solve with his powers and not asking him is like she doesn't consider him such a good friend as she is.
              So Chloe did the right thing IMO.

Yes that's right the bottom line is Chloe is the ideal friend, best friend and side kick and confidant to Clark. A constant friend forever always there.

Saddly, Lana is the object of his attentions and as usual Chloe now supports Clark never risking either friendship----she is patient and will wait for Clark.

She loves completely, despite what faults others may accuse her of.

Comment

IMO I think that neither Clark nor Chloe were selfish in this. Sure Clark wanted to be with his family and GF but that just normal. Clark was having a great time and was pulled away of course he's going to be a little reluctant. In the end he still does what is right. Would Superman have hesitated? No, but Clark isn't that mature yet, and he also is still kind of battling being a "super hero", as this is something that would separate him from what he sees as "normal". However, Clark's moral compass is highly developed and so we can see the seeds that will eventually grow into the greatest hero the world has ever known.

In terms of Chloe what she did might seem rude on the surface especially if Clark was a normal person. However, Clark isn't. Chloe doesn't look at Clark in the same way that everyone else does. Chloe sees what Clark is underneath it all. She sees a person with amazing abilities who's since of compassion and morality constantly pushes him to help whenever anyone is suffering. So in many ways Chloe already sees Superman when she looks at Clark.

While everyone else (including Clark) are trying to pin him down Chloe wants him break free and be who he's destined to be. So Chloe encourages Clark to be heroic. The Kents helped make Clark into a good man. Chloe is helping make Clark into a good hero. I think this is part of the motivation behind this episode. To her this was a job for Superman.

Comment

there is absolutely nothing Clark did wrong in this situation. His heistation was minimal - any other person would have made a much bigger fuss or not done it at all - and seriously, it was quite a thing to ask of him. I mean, he was spending his first Christmas with the girl of his dreams ... blablabla. It is more than natural not to want to do this - especially since it's part Chloe's disorganisation's fault - and only further proof of Clark's inhuman willingness to help that he does it AT ALL. I thought it was a slight mistake to make Chloe persuade him, since her line with "Lana will believe it, or whatever lie you tell her to cover up" seriously made her look bad. She knows Clark hates lying to Lana.
                  Clark is, in a sense, human, and that is why we even watch the show. He is more helpful than any human would ever be, and it is completely unfair to accuse him of unwillingness to help in any situation. Clark ALWAYS puts other people first and constantly risks his life for saving the ones he loves, or, in fact, anyone. Clark is extremely selfless, more selfless than anyone else. But he were not to even show a slight sense of annoyance at having to spend Christmas running around with gifts instead of with his family at home, it would be completely unnatural. And besides, doesn't the fact that he does it despite his innital hesitation and annoyance show how much of a good person he is much better than if he were to do it right away?

Comment

I don't think it's a "ready willingness" so much as it is a "Desperate for attention from Clark" for Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by No-El
                      'Lexmas': Chloe of course needs help to get Christmas gifts to needy children but must PLEAD AND PERSUADE a reluctant Clark to be "Federal Express"; who eventually "Super Whinning" about "this is not Toys for Tots" this is "Toys R' US"!!
                      Clark NOT READILY WILLING!
                      Yep, needy children... living in apartments with fireplaces, pianos and big living rooms. Nothing about this smeels fishy at all, when you actually look at and think about it. These are clearly underprivilaged families... and not the families of Daily Planet employees, who kept their kids presents at work (so, that the kids won't find them). With Chloe then taking on the task of getting the presents to them, in an attempt to butter up the people upstairs. Only, she doesn't get them out (as she couldn't be bothered, until it was too late), risking looking bad to the people upstairs, so she invents a sob story to con Clark into doing her job for her.

She claims that she can't then get out, because the teamsters are on strike (with no hint at when they went on strike; Heck, it might not even be true). Um, you'd think they'd try to get these presents out, before Christmas Eve.

Him not doing this, would damage or end her career. Why would a failiure to get out charity presents, because of something that was out of her hands (a strike), end her career? The more you think about it, the more likely it is that she was lying her head off and that the presents were indeed for the children of Daily Planet employees (enraging the people upstairs, as their kids wouldn't get presents).

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎