Loved it? Hated it? What did YOU think of "Lexmas?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked it i thought it was good ...and i kinda liked it when lana and lex where living together and clark and chole where working at the daily planet ..it was nice i guess to see a little change of what could have been

Comment

• i loved just the thought of lex being broke!!! lol

----- Added 37 Seconds later -----

i loved just the thought of lex being broke!!! lol
      Last edited by jesslang; 05-22-2008, 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Hated it. It was a mechanism the writers used to get viewers accustomed to the Lex/Lana nonsense. Lex was never that good, and everyone knew he would never be that good. The writers had to do something. KK had seven years on her contract.

After this episode you did notice that Lana developed acute amnesia.
        Last edited by JFalcon; 01-07-2009, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• The scenes with Lana/Lex and their son were funny though .
          It was a beautiful episode, and the fact that Clark helped Chloe and you saw him rushing trough the streets was great (for me then.)
          I loved this epi, just like all the other ones

Comment

• i loved this episode. i watch it every year at Christmas eve! =]

~H

Comment

• I'm only ten minutes into this episode, where Lex and son meet Clark and Chloe at the christmas tree lot and I only have one thing to say:

And if I may paraphrase Lex from the beginning of the episode: What the fu....

Comment

• I wrote a brilliantly philosophical post about this episode, twice, and Firefox killed it both times. So here's the bullet points as I can remember them

1) The best episodes always seem to be based around Lex. The writing for Lex is the best of the entire series. His transformation would be seamless if we didn't know it was going to happen.

2) Using Lillian as the "guide" was a great plot point. The only truly loving family member Lex had showing Lex his chance at a truly loving family.

3) Lex was not willing to accept sacrifice, even at the expense of his family before he even got a chance to experience the greater good (Getting some time with a loving family as opposed to none). While Clark made countless sacrifices of himself and his personal life for the greater good. Just one more of the countless contrasts between Clark and Lex.

4) We can point to several episodes as the "beginning" of Superman's arch-enemy but I think this was the one that pushed him over the edge. If you want to be "romantic" about it, I would say his mother recognized the path he was on and chose this time to make one last effort for her son.

5) You know you're screwed when even your alternate reality is filled with heartache and tragedy.

I had so much more. F you, Firefox.

Comment

• I really love christmas so when I first saw the episode, I was pleasantly surprised to see my favorite show do a christmas-themed episode.

I really loved Lex & Lana as a couple with their young boy Alexander, and a baby girl in the oven

The Kent house looks beautiful at christmas- all smiles. YAY!! Love Clark's ringtone
                  Clark delivering presents, eating cookies & drinking milk = Awesome!!

Comment

• Its a good episode but not on my top.Liked lex,liked how clark helped out santa and liked the plot

Comment

• I LOVED this episode. "Lexmas" had so much to like about it, particularly in Lex's "dream world state." It was neat to see Lex back on a good path, even if it was in his own mind. Being on friendly terms with Clark, being a loving, devoted husband and father, surrounded by people who loved and respected him not because of his money or power, but because of the man he'd turned out to be... It was just so starkly different from the direction Lex had been headed in, and when juxtaposed next to the decision he made once he woke up as a result of Lana's "death," that made it that much more poignant and heartbreaking. I loved seeing Clark with Chloe (even though her name was never intentionally spoken in the alternate universe) buying a Christmas tree -- that just made my Chlarky heart jump for joy. The B Plot involving Santa was, indeed, a little bit silly, but it did offer some pretty cute Chlark scenes, so I guess I won't complain. All in all, I definitely give this 10 stolen-Christmas-cookies-left for Santa out of 10 -- A+!

Comment

• I did not like this one. I just, neh I didn't like it.

Comment

• Wow amazing episode. Great directing/acting. The mood for each scene is set perfectly. The Lexana scenes were really heartwarming, it's what Clana should be like with none of the pointless angst. I think I rank this #1 in this season so far followed by Mortal and Arrival. Any episode that develops Lex's character seems to be win win. If only every episode was on par with this.

Comment

• I think I can pin down Lex's decision at the end very accurately - if he carries on the good path, Lana might die....and he'd be left alone with that creepy, strange kid who is obsessed with breakfast. Wouldn't you do anything to avoid that?

Out of context, I quite liked the episode (meaning that I get tired of Lana being so important to everyone throughtout the run of SV) and I thought Lex and Lana were cute together. I don't believe Lex could have ever had that future though - it was more the sort of future his mother wanted him to have. It was was too idealized, and I feel as though some aspects weren't really in line with how Lex thinks - would giving up the senate really change everything that much? He knows Lana is more ambitious than a SAHM and capable of more, he knows Clark is special and thinks highly of him, and the dream portrayal wasn't very flattering.

Comment

• I find that AU episodes of Smallville tend to be well done! And this one is no exception. I thought this episode was great even all the way to drunk Santa! I loved seeing Lillian Luthor play the role of a Christmas ghost! This is definitely a Christmas special worth remembering!

9 out of 10

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎