Veronica Mars Pop-Culture Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

K... so the list has been updated and put together. Please let me know if I need any additions. I'll try to add it weekly. Now I just have to pick what we will cover next.

Comment

All I can say is WHOA!!!!!

Comment

k... so I've decided that for our next pop-culture item we will cover the movie "The Virgin Suicides".

The movie is written & directed by Sofia Coppola. Starring James Woods, Kathleen Turner, Kirsten Dunst, Josh Harnett, Chelsea Swain, and Hannah R. Hall

After the suicide death of their youngest sister, the surviving daughters of the Lisbon family descend into a deep melancholy and eventually become isolated socially and physically by their parents (Woods, Turner) within their small-town Michigan house. Their only contact with the outside world is a group of neighborhood boys who become obsessed with watching and attempting to communicate with the girls.
        The movie was referenced in the Episode 2.11: Donut Run. In Veronica's mopey depression her first choice of sad, depressing, and mournful music is the soundtrack from the movie "The Virgin Suicides".

So pick up the movie... give it a watch... and we'll start discussing soon!!!

Comment

Are people still interested in this idea???

Comment

The idea is good, but it's probably too much work. I can't imagine anyone having the time to go through all the pop-culture references. Maybe it could just be a thread to discuss where the different pop-culture refers too. For example, in the newest episode, VM does a little dance while the homeless guy is looking for the egg.. I think if seen it before, but where?

Comment

Jennifer, I like htis idea, along with the book club idea, but what happened to them?

Comment

Book club? I love that idea!!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎