No announcement yet.

Aussie Invasion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Invasion

Veronica Mars will screen for the first time in Australia on the 28th of November at 7.30pm on the TEN network. I am excited to talk to fellow Aussies that will hopefully get hooked onto the show as much as I have (and the rest of intelligent America.)

I am an Aussie that took a chance and bought the DVD of Season 1 not having seen any of the shows and I thought this could be a good forum to list why people should watch the show and continue to do so, if they don't enjoy the Pilot. Consider this a place to convert to non-fans.

I am being entirely selfish as TEN are showing Season 1 in a non-ratings, silly season time and I really want to see S2 even if it is ratings time. C'mon Aussies - become sophisticated, intelligent viewers who don't rely on re-runs of Seinfeld and Simpsons all the time (don't get me wrong I love them tooo but lets try something new!)

OMG. They are in for a treat. I just converted a room full of friends this past week. One girl called it "television crack!" They were hooked after the pilot episode. It is so fun to see when people are watching it for the first time. Everybody had totally different ideas about who V. would end up with and who killed Lily.

Comment

I am feeling a little ashamed of creating a thread that people are viewing but no one writes on. Bad Girl!

Anyway Veronica Mars is screening here in 10 hours and I cannot wait. I can't wait to see it on tv, sounds ridiculous I know since I have seen the whole season sans commericals. I want to see what stupid products they advertise in the hour and more importantly how my kids from my class react. Yes, I have used my power as the teacher of our youth to unduly influence minors to watch the show.

Most interesting - will any fellow Aussies search out this board?

Comment

I'm sure you will get some Aussies on the board once the hype grows in Australia. This board took awhile to get active when it started airing in the US. I didn't even come to the board until April, even though I had been watching since last October.

Comment

yea this board did take some time to jump and even when it did jump it wasn't that high. but to be hones I like it that way, because now we are disscussing the episodes with people we know, instead of strange drivebyes who post once and dissapear!

Comment

Very true... a few of us from last year... a bunch of people from the summer... and now a few newbies from this season. We've got a steady core!!!

Comment

So, Blue Jay did you get any reactions about the show? I just started watching last summer. Caught the pilot eppy and was completely addicted.

Comment

My kids in my class liked it, wasn't sure if it would go above their heads but looks like some fans have been made. Showed last night and it was even weird for me to see the show on TV. It sounds different and even though I have watched the season through 3/4 times, I picked up new stuff. Amazing!!

My kids liked Veronica

My collegue and her boyfriend borrowed my DVDs when I forced them upon her. She had only seen the first one and was a bit dubious. This morning I spoke to her and last night her boyfriend watched 6 episodes and are now completely hooked. She keeps asking me if Duncan and Veronica are related and it was killing her, geez I miss that feeling. i just give her a vague smile and nod understandingly.

The first epsiode is diifficult, it grabs the audience a bit but the amount of exposiiton (which is completely necessary) can lose people somewhat. Its a show that warm up over 3 epsiodes. This wasn't the case for me but I am seeing this with other people. The pilot had a little yank on their interest but the series ep 2 and 3 had the hook!

Oops just another thing - the press has been very glowing about the show. I sent in two bits from WHO MAGAZINE (Australia's People) and TV WEEK to www.marsinvestigations.net which is an absolutely fantastic site.
                Last edited by BlueJay; 11-28-2005, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Blue Jay, It's great to hear that your friends and students like the show. It's my absolute favorite and the more fans it gains, the better the chances for a season 3! Let us know how your friends like the show as it goes on, it gets even better if that's possible.

Comment

Mars mallow - you are such a marshmallow!!

I am stoked, I can barely contain myself for Season 2. I wish my access to the internet wasn't just in school breaks and after school and that I could download episodes like any self-respecting internet geek.

My fixation with this show is beginning to scare me. I haven't been this glued since Buffy or Dawson's Creek. Aghhhh

Comment

Well here I am again. My teacher collegue took my VM DVDs home, as explained in a previous post. She is now a disc and a half from the end and tired as all buggery from the addiction. Its like TV crack! Its so exciting seeing someone get into it, almost like discovering the show all over again!

She's still got Weapons of Class Destructions next - ohh the anticipation. Let's just say that me hopping around going "oh just wait..." is driving her insane.

Comment

Definately TV crack... actually, I think Watch with Kristen called it that in one of her columns... LOL!!!

Comment

well she definetly has the right idea - I now know the toll an addiction can have on sleeping and eating patterns. The delusions. The obsession. The paranoia. WOW all the perks of a full blown drug habit sans the icky syringes, etc... and its free!

Comment

Ooh, she'll be crazy the next time she talks to you! Weapons of Class Destruction is the one with the KISS! My fave! She's going to be driving herself crazy wondering who's at the door.
                            Last edited by mars_mallow; 11-29-2005, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Take a moment with me to remember that kiss... geez I need a guy

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎