Whats the best video-game console ever?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best video-game console ever?

I searched for this but couldn't find it.

So what do you people think is the best console ever? I'd have to say the Snes, the games are classic and always will be.

Does anyone Agree/Disagree?

I agree but only just. This was a great console. All my mates got jealous cus i had 1 and they didnt haha. The mario games are classic , the yoshi game (cant remember the name) was even better. Damn the snes was brilliant

Second place would be the ps2

Comment

Was it Yoshi's Island? I liked the first one of that but the 2nd was too kiddy imo.

See I wouldn't place the PS2 that high, it wasn't as revolutionary as the PS was

Comment

The original NES. With classics like Super Mario Bros., the Legend of Zelda, Tecmo Bowl, etc. I think its the best system ever.

Comment

A lot of people would agree with you that the nes is that best ever. It was very good. I loved it.

thats it man yoshis island it was classic and the 2nd one sucked a lot

the ps was revolutionary but I still prefer the ps2

Comment

*Hasn't played the NES*

Yes it did, such a shame too with num 1 being so good.

Okay.

Comment

On a poll in a Gaming Forum I moderate, I went for the Dreamcast. It was ahead of its time, and although I never owned one I saw enough to know it should have been much, much bigger than it was.

Comment

I owned a dreamcast. It was the first console with interent. Although the internet on it was pretty terrible. The shenmue games made it for me.

Shenmue 1 and 2 were truly brilliant games. Nothing much else I can say about it because it started to bore me after a while and the games were pretty crap then it was bye bye sega on the console front. I agree thoguh it should have been much bigger. I ended up selling my dreamcast to cash converters for a lowly £30

Comment

NES for me. I prefered Super Mario Bros 3 to Mario World. SNES was a good console but it was the PS before I really got excited about gaming again.

Comment

I was actually one of the crazy people to buy a sega saturn before a playstation. How silly of me. It was mega crap. I ended up swapping it for a playstation about 3 months later. I never regretted that move.

Comment

PS 2. Definitely the PS 2, paved the way for X-Box, X-Box 360, and PS-3.

I just hope they wont stop making games for the PS 2 because there's no way in hell I'm gonna buy a new game console any time soon.

Comment

I have to go with the SNES as well; it had some of the best games to EVER grace a console.
                        Originally posted by Rafael122
                        I just hope they wont stop making games for the PS 2 because there's no way in hell I'm gonna buy a new game console any time soon.
                        Once the next gen. consoles arrive in stores, you won't see games made for the PS2 anymore (as well as the X-Box and Gamecube.) Do you still see new PS1 or N64 games?

Comment

SNES
                          The time of the SNES was the apex of good rpgs.
                          That being said, i think that xbox 360 is gonna prove that you can have amazing grapics,good fun, and storyline in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by mario masta
                            I have to go with the SNES as well; it had some of the best games to EVER grace a console.

Once the next gen. consoles arrive in stores, you won't see games made for the PS2 anymore (as well as the X-Box and Gamecube.) Do you still see new PS1 or N64 games?
                            Has that been confirmed?

Comment

NES as well.

XBOX 360 just hit the US yesterday. My brother who works in the Electronics Department at Target, said they sold out as soon as they opened.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎