Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lionel plays three notes on the piano

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

or maybe he was just frustrated and thought to play the piano but when he played iut he thought whats the point and finished

Comment

three blind mice. it's in The Mousetrap. The recreation of the scene can't be a coincedence

Comment

Originally posted by Lex3
        It's not Jor-El! Do you recall when that linguist gained so much knowledge from the caves and was also put in an asylum? It's a bursting of knowledge, and Lionel still has it. The Jor-El possessing thing was only temporary.
        Dr. Walden got blasted by the caves after putting the key into a wall. Lionel got blasted by one of the Three Stones of Knowledge. Different situations, different results.

Maybe someone forgot to say, "Cut!".

Comment

i thought it was B G A

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat
            "Dr. Walden got blasted by the caves after putting the key into a wall. Lionel got blasted by one of the Three Stones of Knowledge. Different situations, different results."
            It's basically the same situation. Both have high kryptonian knowledge gained from Kryptonian artifacts. Besides, aren't the artifact and the cave entwined? Methinks so.

Comment

I thought it was the same three notes that were played in 'Close Encounters', but who knows?

Comment

Re: Lionel plays three notes on the piano

Originally posted by montidatta
                I think he was playing the first notes of "Three blind mice..." What do you think? Here are the lyrics to this famous nursery rhyme:

Three blind mice,
                Three blind mice
                See how they run,
                See how they run!

They all ran after
                The farmer's wife
                She cut off their tails
                With a carving knife
                Did you ever see
                Such a sight in your life
                As three blind mice?

You know I looked at that scene again and again and it sure did sound like "Three Blind Mice"!!

Comment

I play the piano. Believe me, it was the notes for "Three Blind Mice."

Comment

If it was three blind mice maybe it was Lionel making the reference to Lex, Clark, and Lana who all three don't know what's right in front of them. Clark doesn't want to except his destiny even though the greater good of the earth needs him and he hasn't figured that out yet. Lana still has no idea what's going on and Lex is obsessed with every little trinket he finds but can't make heads or tails of it because it's far too advanced for him to understand. IF Jor-El was still in Lionel's body, and Krytponian's being of a smarter race as well, wouldn't Jor-El understand how to play the piano? I don't think it was just coincedence, but I don't think it served any higher purpose other than just as something to be puzzled by the audience seeking purpose in the show.

Comment

I didn't get it. I still don't. It was totally random

Comment

Hahahaha. If John Glover is reading this discussion, I bet he's revelling in it! He loves to inspire thought in his audience. By the way, I agree with the person who said "Maybe he was just frustrated and started to play but didn't". Or maybe not. Who knows. I'm confused about Lionel/Lion-EL. We shall see where it all leads.

Comment

Originally posted by Videogamer49107
                          If it was three blind mice maybe it was Lionel making the reference to Lex, Clark, and Lana who all three don't know what's right in front of them. Clark doesn't want to except his destiny even though the greater good of the earth needs him and he hasn't figured that out yet. Lana still has no idea what's going on and Lex is obsessed with every little trinket he finds but can't make heads or tails of it because it's far too advanced for him to understand. IF Jor-El was still in Lionel's body, and Krytponian's being of a smarter race as well, wouldn't Jor-El understand how to play the piano? I don't think it was just coincedence, but I don't think it served any higher purpose other than just as something to be puzzled by the audience seeking purpose in the show.
                          Maybe, but i don't agree...

Cause can Clark play the piano???

'Smarter Race' won't mean they know everything, just probably pick things up a little quicker...

Comment

I feel that lion-el playing three blind mice right after lex left shows that lion-el knows that lex has no idea what is going on and is right in front of his face....that part still made me smile due to its suddulty.

Comment

Three Blind Mice can be played several different ways in several chords. Believe me, you are probably thinking into this way too much. Three Blind Mice is three notes. While I found the scene disappointing, I do not think that the producers would really think about it this much. I don't believe that Jor-El is still in Lex's body for my own reasons. Jor-El isn't really evil, for one thing, but just misunderstood. He becomes a crucial part in Kal-El's development. I believe that he can get everything done through the Fortress of Solitude. Jor-El took over Lionel's body because he saw that Kal-El really needed it, and that Kal-El's life was at stake. In life or death situations such as this, it is crucial that he save his life because he is so important.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex3
                                I don't believe that Jor-El is still in Lex's body for my own reasons. Jor-El isn't really evil, for one thing, but just misunderstood. He becomes a crucial part in Kal-El's development.
                                1) I assume you mean Lionel.

2) Many people believe Jor-El is still in Lionel's body *because* Lionel is still acting very benevolent. Thus, it would make since that Jor-El is possessing Lionel, because Lionel is doing some very OOC benevolent things, and as you said, Jor-El is likely not evil, but misunderstood (something I've been saying since day 1 of his appearance.)

3) I agree with you that the three notes had no significance in and of themselves. Lion-El's playing of the piano might have given us some insight into the character, but it was definitely not anything philosophical.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎