No announcement yet.

Lionel plays three notes on the piano

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still chuckling over this.

3 blind mice: The two disciples of Zod and "Brainiac"?

Attempt to free Zod by force, first by coercing or getting rid of Clark, second by literally going after the farmer's wife.

They get their tails cut off.

Man, that's awesome.

If it's a legit reference, it's proof that at least SOMEbody on the writing committee isn't a complete ass. If it's not, it's proof at least of the ability of the audience to find a morsel of sustenance in the vast wasteland of the storyline.

Comment

I too thought those notes had some sort of meaning, but can't figure it out. Perhaps we'll find out later! Looking forward to the theories until then...

Comment

it was funny
        but also weird even for smallville
        i think there is indeed a deeper meaning and lionel is some what different in his character
        i just hope its all revealed!!

Comment

It may have just been John Glover, doing what he does. When he acts, he loves to fiddle with stuff and interract with the set - it probably brings a greater sense of realism to things. He's done it in the past - the scene a few seasons back where he and Lex are in his office, and he's chowing down on that peach? That was all John. It was awesome, and gave a more predatory feel to Lionel, but it was pure John Glover, actually doing it as a challenge to the editors, doing all he could to make it impossible to edit out. Honestly, he does it all the time. Pull out the DVD's and watch. He's either toying with a prop fiddling with something in most every scene.

Comment

lol ya my brother thought the camera was just left rolling and John Glover was just like ya...do do do.
            lmao BDA!

Comment

you know i just heard it and it is 3 blind mice. he might be referring to 3 ppl who cant see whats infront of them or something??
              or he just likes that song cos he used to be blind...

Comment

"Montidatta," I'm so glad someone else picked up on this.

That's EXACTLY what I thought as soon as he played the notes. "That's 'Three Blind Mice.' WTH?" And it wasn't just the notes, it was the cadence too, kind of. And if I remember correctly, he had a bit of a smile on his face.

And I have to second "MyOwnSuperhero's" thoughts on JG's acting style. In fact, I popped in my "Batman:The Animated Series" DVD last night, just to listen to JG provide the "Riddler" voice. He rocks.

"Braniac 13", I hope it was intentional, too. Because your theory fits in a cool way.

Comment

Originally posted by sstray72
                  I was hoping that a secret door would open, leading to the Batcave. Seriously, I was.

That's exactly what I was thinking! lol I thought a bookcase would open when he did that.

Comment

rofl @ batcave

also, i thought lex was gonna twist lionels neck when he grabbed it. he was definitely thinking about it...

Comment

Originally posted by UDStyle
                      That's exactly what I was thinking! lol I thought a bookcase would open when he did that.
                      Me too! I was all like, "Are they taking the secret door fom BB?" It was crazy. I honestly am not too sure about what it meant or if it meant anything. Confusing though?

Comment

its probably that Lionel was possessed by an overload of intelligence, like Prof. Walden in season 2, and after he recuperated, he knows everything about krypton and so forth.
                        that probably wont explain why lionel hasnt gone all whacko or on a human crusade against the kryptonians like walden wanted to, but maybe the crystals had some kind of emotional effect (like after transference) in which hes a more pleasant person. he might regress to becoming a threat once again but will probably die, as the show winds down and he is not a pivotal character in the superman saga.

Comment

Maybe Jor El was discovering music for the first time.

"daaahhhh music gooood!"

Comment

I like the three blind mice, idea. "They all went after the farmer's wife" -- which is exactly what they did. They were blinded to Fine's true purpose because they were concerned about Martha. Obviously one "blind mouse" would be Clark, one would be Chloe (although she discovered the truth)? one would be Jonathan? Or Lex, because he doesn't see Jor-El. Maybe I'm reaching.

Or perhaps Lionel was just playing three keys in succession -- that would give you 3 blind mice, too, but not on purpose.
                            Last edited by Watching Smallville; 11-18-2005, 05:41 PM.

Comment

It was definitely "3 Blind Mice." I think it was one of those SV inside jokes that they often do to see who's paying attention. Like when Clark and Aquaman talk about forming a Junior Lifeguard Association.

I do like the three blind mice as ... clark, fine and chloe. They were all blind to different plot points.

Oh and did anyone catch the Strangler reference. The Strangler was an old time Superman enemy.

Comment

"daaahhhh music gooood!" <--funny )
                                "Fire.....BADD"
                                Jor-El becomes Frankenstein

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡