Quotes from Solitude

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did this awesome thread sink to like Page 4?

I love these quotes!

I'm reviving it!
    Last edited by Lana_Lang #1; 11-24-2005, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Best quote of the episode: ... *death gong*... *fade to black*

Comment

Chloe to Clark at the fireplace:

"You know, next time I head up North, I've got remember to pack a parka!!

Comment

Clark to Marthat: both the scenes were wonderful, but the "... you're my heart, my soul" - that brought tear's to me eyes.

Comment

wow... I read the first page and no one mentioned this... (EDIT: no one mentioned it at all)

"I happen to care a great deal about this 'primitive race'"

I love the way he delivered that.
            Last edited by Supersonic; 11-26-2005, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Lionel: I wonder, do they know about the sort of things you keep hidden behind closed doors.
              Lex: Ooh – you must be referring about our deep dark family secrets. Don’t worry – I won’t embarrass you.

Lionel: How does it go? You can put a tuxedo on the fiddler but he's still going to play the same old tune.
              Chloe That's good - you should jot that down and add it to your page-a-day calendar.

My personal favourite was Lex's muffin peddler line to Lois, what a forest fire

Comment

Favorite Solitude Quotes:

1) Lex was at the Talon, sitting down at a table. Lois was one of the waitresses.
                Lex (to Lois): How about a Latte?

Lois: Don't you find this just a tad sleazy holding a campaign photo-shooting where Martha Kent works? You may as well go up to their farm and milk their cows.

Lex: In case you don't know where your paycheck comes from, I own the Talon.

Lois: What don't you own? I guess you now want to own the government.

Lex: Wow! Why are you so angry, Lois? What have I done to you?

Lois: You just remind me a lot of those pseudo-politicians I grew up around. You know, men who bought their way into office. Do you really think you can beat Jonathan Kent? There must be a lot of dirt on you to create a landmass the size of Texas.

Lex: Please, grab a shovel and start digging. I have nothing to hide.

Lois: Let me give you a little friendly advice. Bow out of the race before a little pesky squirrel digs up one your rotten acorns.

Lex: Well, thanks Lois. There's nothing more valuable than the savvy political advice of a muffin-peddling college drop-out. Speaking of, do you have any banana/blueberry today?

2) Lionel and Chloe quotes

Lionel: Miss Sullivan.

Chloe: Mr. Luthor, what are you doing here?

Lionel: You have made it to the major leagues. Congratulations!

Chloe: Thank you.

Lionel: Very, very nice. You've done quite well for yourself. I am certain that sooner than later, you're going to be working upstairs under the Tiffany lamps. A big story certainly would accelerate the process. Not that obituaries and wedding announcements don't inspire scintillating journalism.

Chloe: If you're trying to feed me some self-promoting fluff piece, I am not interested.

Lionel: How does it go? You can put a tuxedo on a fiddler, but he's still going to play the same old tune.

Chloe: That's good. You should jot that down and add it to your page-a- day calendar. I gotta go.

Lionel: Miss Sullivan, your creative passion will always be for the bazaar and the inexplicable. That's why I think you're the perfect reporter for this story.

Chloe: You have one minute. The clock is ticking.

Lionel: It seems there is someone at central Kansas University who has the astounding ability to run at virtually the speed of light. Have you ever heard of such a thing?

Chloe: The school is located at Smallville. Meteor Freak Capital of the world.

Lionel: This person can lift an automobile with one hand, can create fire with the blink of an eye. It's extraordinary.

Chloe: It sounds like a bit of a stretch, even for me. Do you have any proof?

Lionel: If we had proof, there wouldn't be any need for investigative reporting now, would there? The person's name is Milton Fine. He is a Professor of World History.

Chloe: Why did you come to me?

Lionel: "Frankly...I didn't think that Time Magazine would be interested. (Lionel walks out). "Good day, Miss Sullivan."

3) Jor-El: Kal-El, why have you come?

Clark: Please! Do whatever you want to me! Leave my mother alone!

Jor-El: I have caused your mother no harm.

Clark: No! Don't lie to me! If I have known someone close to me would die, I would have given up my life in a second!

Jor-El: It was you who chose to give up your powers and turn your back on me.

Clark: Please, let her live!

Jor-El: I am sorry, my son. The wheel of fate has already been set in motion. Even you cannot alter destiny.

4) Clark (to Chloe): You know, Professor Fine said that human beings were insignificant and couldn't be depended on. He obviously didn't know you very well.

Chloe: Please. Robo-Professor knows as much about human nature as R2D2.

5) Jonathan and Clark quotes

Jonathan: Hey! I know how hard all this has been on you. How are you holding up?

Clark: I still don't know how I could be so gullible. I believed everything he (Milton Fine) said.

Jonathan: I would have done the same thing, son. You were trying to save your mother. Luckily she's safe now. I think the best thing we can do is to put all this behind us and move on with our lives, don't you?

Clark: I'm not so sure. Jor-el's warning is still out there.

Jonathan: Clark, your mother's virus was caused by Fine, not by Jor-El. He (Jor-El) hasn't done anything yet...and for all we know he might never do anything.

Clark: Dad, we all know Jor-El's not the type to just let things go.

Jonathan: Clark, when it comes down to it, none of us are going to be around forever. Now we can't dwell on that. I think the trick is to live your life to its fullest, make sure you spend as much times as you possibly can...with the people you love.

Clark: You're right.

Jonathan (agrees): Yeah.

Comment

It's hard to top Lex's "muffin peddling college dropout" line. That had to sting, especially as he follows it up by asking if they have any banana blueberry muffins. I like how they bring that line up later in the episode when Lois pouts about it to Chloe.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎