Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark sexually attracted to Lois?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

These supposed examples of Clark's physical attraction just show the desperation and weakness of that argument.

"Gone":
    'Lana "The best ones always start that way."

Clark looks at Lana, not responding. '

Lana's line is one of the more meaningless bits of philosophy of love. Clark's non-response is in no sense assent. It is a silent response as is his non-response to Lois. He already knows what kind of person she is. No attraction.

The dunk tank in "Facade", you depend on Chloe's face for proof. What I would say is that anyone who volunteers to sit in a dunking booth would have to be good-natured. Clark would smile at Lois just as he would have at any other girl dunking him there. By nature, he would not have sneared or make Lois-snarky remarks.

"Lucy"? At least Lucy showed that she could do some work around the farm as opposed to Lois who is sleeping on her butt. Lois' response was one of a protective hen, but still is no indicator of Clark attracted to Lois.

"Pariah"? Clark is faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful than a locomotive. He could have killed Sandy instantly had he wanted to. Lois response was that of anyone who didn't want to see someone killed. Clark had already made that decision. Once again, no attraction on his part to Lois. (see his physical attraction to Alicia in "Unsafe" or enjoyment of a likeable personality, its not Lois)

"Spell"? The episode where Lois hoists her boobs to tell us how great they are? Clark had already seen them around and wasn't driven crazy by either Lois or her boobs. Her preferred Lana and Alicia to Lois and her chest.

"Spirit"? Clark stunned, well yes he was. He never anticipated the prick who lives in his bedroom to come out in a prom dress, dismissive and condecending as she has been to all things Smallville. No attraction, surprise only. And wearing Lana's colors.

"Arrival"? Calling Clark's name out first is nice. Has nothing to do with an attraction of Clark to Lois.

You see flirtatious banter, I see snide remarks from Lois to Clark all the time and when his back is turned, she repeatedly cuts him down behind his back as she did last week at the Daily Planet. Add back-biting to her list of qualities, she has done it several times.

I didn't see "Aqua" but many people saw it as a poorly acted filler. Can't comment on Clark.

"Exposed"? This is the most simple of all. With her in his lap and cleavage readily available, he is grossly embarrassed and in Lois' own words, is looking at her as "Jabba-the-Hutt." No attraction to her anymore than the blondes on stage.

"Aye, aye, sailor"? Just a knowing comment that Lois had to take her clothes off to show the manager what 'she's got' and then went on-stage for about as unarousing 'strip' as ever seen. He is laughing at her part played and finds it laughable compared to his night light. That is the reason for his grin. In reality, after months of living in his bed, there is nothing to indicate that he thinks of her anything more than a self-centered acquaintance and annoyance. If Clark uses the term 'friend' it is as a courtesy. He is not a rude person habitually as is Lois. If he were, he would long ago told her what a jerkette she is and thrown her garbage out of his house.

Really, when one goes through all the 'proofs' one comes up with nothing for an attraction to Lois from Clark. She is merely sloppy 3rds or 4ths to Lana, Kyla, Alicia, and Lana once again.

You need real examples of affection to prove an attraction and that is very unlikely to happen with Lois in Smallville, unless it is drug induced.

Comment

I strongly disagree there are sparks and twinkles in their eyes when they banter with each other.

It's so obvious. Not to metion the fact that they are probably trying to give us the most close to Clois as possible without them falling in madly in love with one another.

Comment

IMO, There's a budding attraction there.

Comment

Re: Clark sexually attracted to Lois?

Clark sexually attracted to Lois?
          No not now (He's still the BDA) Clark Kent Teenager, But he will be when (He's The SBA) Adult Clark Kent SUPERHERO/Reporter.

Originally posted by Lana_Lang #1

Clois is on the horizon like the light in the sky when the sun is rising.
          Indeed .

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS
            These supposed examples of Clark's physical attraction just show the desperation and weakness of that argument.

"Gone":
            'Lana "The best ones always start that way."

Clark looks at Lana, not responding. '

Lana's line is one of the more meaningless bits of philosophy of love. Clark's non-response is in no sense assent. It is a silent response as is his non-response to Lois. He already knows what kind of person she is. No attraction.

The dunk tank in "Facade", you depend on Chloe's face for proof. What I would say is that anyone who volunteers to sit in a dunking booth would have to be good-natured. Clark would smile at Lois just as he would have at any other girl dunking him there. By nature, he would not have sneared or make Lois-snarky remarks.

"Lucy"? At least Lucy showed that she could do some work around the farm as opposed to Lois who is sleeping on her butt. Lois' response was one of a protective hen, but still is no indicator of Clark attracted to Lois.

"Pariah"? Clark is faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful than a locomotive. He could have killed Sandy instantly had he wanted to. Lois response was that of anyone who didn't want to see someone killed. Clark had already made that decision. Once again, no attraction on his part to Lois. (see his physical attraction to Alicia in "Unsafe" or enjoyment of a likeable personality, its not Lois)

"Spell"? The episode where Lois hoists her boobs to tell us how great they are? Clark had already seen them around and wasn't driven crazy by either Lois or her boobs. Her preferred Lana and Alicia to Lois and her chest.

"Spirit"? Clark stunned, well yes he was. He never anticipated the prick who lives in his bedroom to come out in a prom dress, dismissive and condecending as she has been to all things Smallville. No attraction, surprise only. And wearing Lana's colors.

"Arrival"? Calling Clark's name out first is nice. Has nothing to do with an attraction of Clark to Lois.

You see flirtatious banter, I see snide remarks from Lois to Clark all the time and when his back is turned, she repeatedly cuts him down behind his back as she did last week at the Daily Planet. Add back-biting to her list of qualities, she has done it several times.

I didn't see "Aqua" but many people saw it as a poorly acted filler. Can't comment on Clark.

"Exposed"? This is the most simple of all. With her in his lap and cleavage readily available, he is grossly embarrassed and in Lois' own words, is looking at her as "Jabba-the-Hutt." No attraction to her anymore than the blondes on stage.

"Aye, aye, sailor"? Just a knowing comment that Lois had to take her clothes off to show the manager what 'she's got' and then went on-stage for about as unarousing 'strip' as ever seen. He is laughing at her part played and finds it laughable compared to his night light. That is the reason for his grin. In reality, after months of living in his bed, there is nothing to indicate that he thinks of her anything more than a self-centered acquaintance and annoyance. If Clark uses the term 'friend' it is as a courtesy. He is not a rude person habitually as is Lois. If he were, he would long ago told her what a jerkette she is and thrown her garbage out of his house.

Really, when one goes through all the 'proofs' one comes up with nothing for an attraction to Lois from Clark. She is merely sloppy 3rds or 4ths to Lana, Kyla, Alicia, and Lana once again.

You need real examples of affection to prove an attraction and that is very unlikely to happen with Lois in Smallville, unless it is drug induced.
            Many fans can't get past the fact that her name is Lois Lane so it doesn't matter if there is zero attraction between them because her name is Lois. When Clark looks at Lois disgustingly it is thought of as "playing hard to get" and vice versa.

Comment

Just remembering that was a quote from Gough where he defined Lois and Clark relationship as a Love/hate relationship with "sexual tension". I my book "sexual tension" means attraction. My point is that the producers wants us to believe they are sexual attracted to each others, but not in love. That''s their story. Do people buy it? It depends on the eyes of the watchers. Some people see it (I do), others don't. But it is definitelly the story they wanted to tell.
              Last edited by liana; 11-12-2005, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Yeah because we know what great storytellers they are!

Comment

"Many fans can't get past the fact that her name is Lois Lane so it doesn't matter if there is zero attraction between them because her name is Lois. When Clark looks at Lois disgustingly it is thought of as "playing hard to get" and vice versa"

Way to go, Zanos, that is exactly what I have thought for a long time. 'OMG, it's Lois Frickkin' Lane!!!' Wow and shazzam. So what if one has fond memories of L&C, it is irrelevant to this character. Lots of us are not in love with the name. Or the character on Smallville.

Comment

i don't care what anyone says because clark will end up with lois in the end and that's that!
                    Last edited by Slytherin Princess; 11-12-2005, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Yes, he will but it will never happen in Smallville, it will be in movie "SuperMan Returns" and that's that.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS
                        Yes, he will but it will never happen in Smallville, it will be in movie "SuperMan Returns" and that's that.
                        i don't want a romance happening between them in smallville. i just like watching their friendly little banters.

Comment

Originally posted by Slytherin Princess
                          i don't want a romance happening between them in smallville. i just like watching their friendly little banters.
                          Yeah!It's a nice alternative.I like watching the high tension of their love & hate relationship.As Lois would say:"Nice going Smallville!!!"

Comment

I'd pick Lois/Clark banter over Lana/Clark angst anyday.

Comment

Yes, but he is a boy scout. If he was on Red K he would be all over it; in the club, and at the Farm.

Red k Clark would take full advantage of having a hot chick living in the same house as him.
                              Last edited by SuperVan; 11-14-2005, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I still don't think Clark has noticed Lois, but I think this was the first episode where Lois had a fleeting moment when she thought of Clark in a different way...right at the end when Clark says 'Eye eye sailor' and then you get a shot of Lois smiling to herself rather wistfully after Clark has gone.....you can tell that shot was meant to be a 'she's slowly seeing Clark in a different way' shot.......

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎