Exposed Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't matter about AQUA it was an anomaly, just like DEVOTED.

Funny thing was Exposed got more exposure through magazines and TV spots like Entertainment tonight... so don't compare the two episodes. Thirst had little or no promotion at all. Inside TV even had an entire page dedicated to ED's character stripping and still it didn't do much help.

If i remembered correctly, the same thing happened to last season's episode DEVOTED, which incidentally happened to be the 4th episode of the season as well. Call it a coincidence, whatever... but the week before DEVOTED aired i believe Christopher Reeve died, who knows maybe ppl tuned in for that this year to see if there's some kind of tribute to him. Who knows?!

There's alot of factors involved as to why AQUA generated that much viewers as well, including Tom's movie THE FOG which aired the week before AQUA, i'm sure alot of ppl who watched in the theater wanted to see more of Tom or maybe it's just the fact that the episode was about AQUAMAN... so again.. Who knows?!

So like i said don't comnpare Exposed to Thirst. Exposed had more promotion done than Thirst did and it didn't even help. WOW Big surprise there!

Thirst even beat out Everybody Loves Chris with no help whatsoever. Exposed couldn't even do that and everyone made such a big deal out of it including the Media. What. a. waste.

Comment

From Mediaweek. The best place for ratings.

NOVEMBER 04, 2005
      The Programming Insider: Friday 11/04/05

Marc Berman

Primetime Thursday Ratings:
      CBS Opens Nov. Sweep on a Winning Note

Thursday 11/03/05
      Metered Market Ratings

Note: The following overnight ratings exclude the Miami, West Palm Beach and Ft. Myers markets.

Household Rating/Share
      CBS: 14.5/22, NBC: 8.7/13, ABC: 6.2/ 9, WB: 3.6/ 5, Fox: 3.5/ 5, UPN: 2.9/ 4

-Percent Change From the Comparable Year-Ago Evening (Thursday 11/04/04):
      WB: +57, ABC: +35, CBS: -10, UPN: -24, NBC: -27, Fox: -30

----------

Fast Affiliate Ratings

-Total Viewers:
      CBS: 22.38 million, NBC: 11.06, ABC: 8.42, Fox: 5.09, WB: 4.40, UPN: 3.21

-Adults 18-49:
      CBS: 7.6/19, NBC: 4.8/12, ABC: 2.9/ 7, Fox: 2.3/ 6, WB: 1.8/ 4, UPN: 1.3/ 3

----------

-Yesterday’s Winners:
      Survivor: Guatemala (CBS), Smallville (WB), CSI (CBS), Without A Trace (CBS)

-Yesterday’s Losers:
      Joey (NBC), Love, Inc. (UPN), Reunion (Fox), Eve (UPN), Cuts (UPN)

----------

-Ratings Breakdown:
      CBS was off and running on this first night of the November 2005 sweep, with an advantage over No. 2 NBC of 67 percent in the overnights, 11.32 million viewers and 58 percent among adults 18-49. Survivor: Guatemala kicked-off with an above average (and, of course, first-place) 10.9/16 in the overnights, 18.43 million viewers and a 6.6/17 among adults 18-49 at 8 p.m. That led into the top-rated show of the evening, CSI, at an 18.7/27 in the overnights, 28.45 million viewers and a 9.8/24 among adults 18-49 at 9 p.m. At 10 p.m., Without A Trace capped off the evening also first in the overnights (13.9/22), total viewers (20.25 million) and adults 18-49 (6.4/17).

Although it was difficult to see nice-guy Brandon depart before moody Jamie on Survivor: Guatemala, don’t fret. Jamie’s time will come, and it could – and should – be soon. As for who might reign supreme, it’s looking good, Stephenie!

Over at NBC, struggling Joey continues to have a detrimental impact on the evening, with a mere 5.9/ 9 in the overnights (#3), 7.77 million viewers (#3) and a 3.0/ 8 among adults 18-49 at 8 p.m. (#2). Although lead-out Will & Grace picked up steam, a still lackluster 6.6/10 in the overnights (#2), 7.99 million viewers (##) and a 3.3/ 8 among adults 18-49 (#2) at 8:30 p.m. means it is time to officially call it quits in May.

Despite a considerably better edition of NBC’s The Apprentice this time around (so long, Markus!), ratings are still off considerably from one year earlier, with a distant second-place 8.6/12 in the overnights, 11.04 million viewers and a 5.0/12 among adults 18-49 at 9 p.m. Comparably, the year-ago telecast averaged a 12.6/18 in the overnights, 16.06 million viewers and a 7.8/19 among adults 18-49 on Nov. 4, 2004. Instead of blaming Martha Stewart for the loss of audience, Donald Trump should point the finger at Joey at 8 p.m.

At 10 p.m., NBC’s fading ER (Overnights: 11.3/18; Viewers: 14.26 million; A18-49: 6.1/16) finished second behind CBS’ Without A Trace in all three categories.

As a reminder, total viewers and adult 18-49 results from last night are based on the fast affiliate ratings. Year ago results are based on the final nationals.

ABC preempted its regular Thursday line-up for Johnny Depp theatrical Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Rock, which averaged a third-place 6.2/ 9 in the overnights, 8.42 million viewers and a 2.9/ 7 among adults 18-49 from 8-11 p.m. As modest as that sounds, ABC’s year-ago combination of Extreme Makeover, life as we know it and Primetime Live averaged a considerably lower 4.6/ 7 in the overnights, 5.99 million viewers and a 1.9/ 5 among adults 18-49 from 8-11 p.m. Wasn’t ABC supposed to be airing occasional Extreme Makeover specials this season?

Over at Fox, overrated The O.C., which lost some of its audience to the WB’s competing Smallville, opened at a below-average 4.2/ 6 in the overnights (#4t), 6.57 million viewers (#4) and a 2.9/ 8 among adults 18-49 (#3) at 8 p.m. At 9 p.m., the return of Reunion hit rock-bottom, with a 2.8/ 4 in the overnights (#5), 3.61 million viewers (#4) and a 1.7/ 4 among adults 18-49 (#4) at 9 p.m. All together now” Tick, tock…the cancellation clock is ticking!

The WB remains the most-improved network on Thursday, courtesy of its combination of the relocated Smallville (Overnights: #4t, 4.2/ 6; Viewers: #5, 5.26 million; A18-49: #5, 2.4/ 6) and Everwood (Overnights: #4, 3.0/ 4; Viewers: #5, 3.54 million; A18-49: #5, 1.3/ 3).

So put that in your pipe and smoke it, hehe!
      Last edited by Somebody Stop Me; 11-04-2005, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Somebody Stop Me

Over at Fox, overrated The O.C., which lost some of its audience to the WB’s competing Smallville, opened at a below-average 4.2/ 6 in the overnights (#4t), 6.57 million viewers (#4) and a 2.9/ 8 among adults 18-49 (#3) at 8 p.m. At 9 p.m., the return of Reunion hit rock-bottom, with a 2.8/ 4 in the overnights (#5), 3.61 million viewers (#4) and a 1.7/ 4 among adults 18-49 (#4) at 9 p.m. All together now” Tick, tock…the cancellation clock is ticking!
        Sweet! I'm happy SV is stealing some of The O.C.'s audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Somebody Stop Me

The WB remains the most-improved network on Thursday, courtesy of its combination of the relocated Smallville (Overnights: #4t, 4.2/ 6; Viewers: #5, 5.26 million; A18-49: #5, 2.4/ 6) and Everwood (Overnights: #4, 3.0/ 4; Viewers: #5, 3.54 million; A18-49: #5, 1.3/ 3).
          Could've been better....

So put that in your pipe and smoke it, hehe! [/B]
          I'm guessing you added that yourself.

I don't think that's really anything to be proud about... Sure Smallville came in as winner but it's nothing new, they've been up there since Arrival and Thirst had a much better result.

From Mediaweek: (Thirst)

The WB remained the fastest growing network on Thursday, courtesy of the relocated Smallville (Overnights: #4, 4.7/ 7; Viewers: #4, 5.55 million; A18-49: #2t, 2.6/ 7) and Everwood (Overnights: #5, 3.1/ 5; Viewers: #5, 4.13 million; A18-49: #5, 1.4/ 4).

So why don't you put that in your pipe and smoke it

Let's not play this game. I'm sure right after i post this someone else will post the Aqua result
          Last edited by Absentee; 11-04-2005, 09:47 PM.

Comment

So, how about that Aqua result?

Comment

Could've been better....
              Given that:

1)ABC aired "Pirates of the Carribean" which shares much of the same audience and
              2)The OC was back after a long hiatus

Smallville did REALLY well in its slot with all of that competition. Unlike last year where Lost obliterated the show's ratings.

These ratings had nothing to do with Kristin's presence since no one knew Kristin wouldn't be IN this episode until it was over.

Smallville has broken records for its timeslot this season. this is not an anomoly. This is accurate and well-done marketing. This is a result to a move to a new night and had plenty of planning/research/and marketing involved.

Comment

We never said it had anything to do with Kristin. We were just coming up with reasons for the lana haters to blame the ratings dipped.

I was not talking about Smallville itself.. i was talking about the episode AQUA being the anomaly.

Comment

actually i percieve your posts to be a tad on the innappropriate side, essentially telling everyone that your opinion reigns supreme. Its fine to have an opinion and share it, but when you start saying things such as "Don't tell us this or that" "Don't think this or that" then its crossing a line.

Exposed did very very well DESPITE the slight drop in ratings. The reason for the drop LIKELY had NOTHING to do with lana and EVERYTHING to do with the other shows that were on during the same time.

Comment

Don't worry so much about the ratings.

The only WB show that gets better numbers than Smallville is Gilmore Girls so there is no reason to panic or overanalyze things.

Comment

Originally posted by Veaglarwen
                      [B]actually i percieve your posts to be a tad on the innappropriate side, essentially telling everyone that your opinion reigns supreme. Its fine to have an opinion and share it, but when you start saying things such as "Don't tell us this or that" "Don't think this or that" then its crossing a line.
                      WOW, that's a first knowing how much of that is going on in this forum. It's so funny how things turn around so quickly. If you go in the Thirst section... WOW! unbelievable feeling of inferiorty. My God... i guess what goes around comes around.

It's a vicious cycle.

Comment

okay--lets get back to the discussion at hand. If you have issues with posters, report their posts and let the mods handle it.

My entire point is that Exposed ratings weren't bad to begin with so all the discussion on anomalies and whatnot doesn't pertain, since the ratings for this season have been great for the show.

Now, if suddenly the ratings were like...2/3? yeah. that's bad. But they weren't.

Comment

All this discussing because of a .2? A .2?

My surprise is the fact that Smallville is handling very well this year, not because it falls a .2 and raise a .1 next week, because that's normal on EVERY TV SHOW ON EARTH...

I'm going to say again what I and several others sayed over and over... What brings ratings are GOOD STORIES. Smallville this year has them (although I don't know what's happening with the dialogues, looks like a pro-writer is writing the stories and a 10-year-old kid is writing the dialogues).

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleMan

And actually Clana does have something to do with it. When it's the main ship of your show, it must!
                            But I strongly dislike Clana and I still watch the show... Just cuz it's the main ship doesn't it's the main purpose (or theme or something...) The theme is SUPERMAN! not Clana.

Comment

I have a question about the ratings. Most of you watch SV at 8. But where I live, we watch SV at 10 on the UPN. Does our watching even go towards the ratings? I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Absentee
                                The fact is, it still dipped.

If they do continue with more storylines like these, filler ones, i'd like to call them, then Smallville will have no problem losing more viewers.

The ratings went up fast and it's been steady, but it could also easily go down just as fast.
                                You can not be serious in thinking a .2 rating dip is horrible news, especially with a big show like the OC returning.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎