Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree .. she is trying to prove a point beeing with duncan. relationships arent really werent her no 1 priority .. but now it sorta is cause she wants to 'fit' in and be 'normal' again.
    the thing is that i dont think she will ever be able to be normal ... shes gonna break at a point .. i mean how much longer can she be with duncan?
    even if ppl want her without him .. they way things are going ... doesnt look as if its going to last very long.
    its still pretty obvious that she still likes logan ... not sure abt her loving anyone though.

Comment

Originally posted by VMBTVSFAN.
      Let's talk about her untrusting nature;
      Duncan, the "love of her life", flat out dumped her for reasons unbenounced to herself at the time.

Troy, the first guy and 09er she opened up to since Duncan left her, turned out to be a scum-bag drug-dealer.

Leo, the only guy she could really trust, lacked what she needed in a relationship. He didn't challenge her, and eventually she felt an overwhelming attraction to someone else. Ending the relationship.

Logan....... Veronica knew going in, the things he's done, and what he's capable of. She couldn't trust him, not with constant evidence pointing her troubles in his direction.

She has overwhelming reason to be a little freakish and cautious when it comes to relationships. As much as she wants to be normal, she isn't -- and never will be.
      While agree that she has many reasons for her untrusting nature... she often puts her trust in the wrong person, leading to her becoming even more untrusting.

She has reason to be a little freakish & cautious when it comes to relationships... but she often behaves that way in the wrong ones. Whereas she becomes overly trusting in others.

We can make excuses for any behavior when looking at their past. In a lot of ways that is what the show is about. We even learnt that Aaron Echolls was beat & mentally abused by his father... and that he never trusted people's reasons for loving him... but does that excuse him. I'm not saying that Veronica is anywhere near the level of Aaron... The point is... each of the character's has a whole heck of a lot of baggage and reasons for their idiosyncracies and distructive behavior.... but at what point do they cross the line and you can no longer understand that behavior?

Veronica nearly crossed it several times last season with her desperate thirst for revenge. Logan nearly crossed it... or maybe even did... with all his cruelty and self-destructive behavior. Duncan nearly crossed it with his apathy and self-involved considerations. And Aaron went right over the line with his laundry list of horrible acts.

My point... while I agree that Veronica has reasons for her actions. They don't necessarily justify them.

Comment

I'm at such a loss over this new Veronica. I don't understand this happy go lucky person who seems so self consumed and selfish that she is running the risk of being unsympathetic. I loved her last season because I wanted her to be happy because I felt for her and all her hardship. This season she is happy but she doesn't even seem sensitive to others. She is jealous of all sorts of things and seems like she is in this little fantasy world of a sugary sweet idea about love rather than being honest and communicating with Duncan. They just play this game of pretend about what is going on around them. It is so creeping me out. Who is this character? I want so much for her to snap out of it and start showing some actual feelings. It seems like she just is comfortable with lashing out to Logan, and at this point I don't even feel she has any right to say anything to him seeing she is all set with her normal happy check list type life right now. I miss the feisty Veronica.

Comment

annieb, i agree with you. im still watching, waiting for her to snap too.
          v's world is all to perfect and she has no feelings this year .. she doesnt realize wht shes doing is wrong sometimes.
          when will the old v be back?

Comment

I agree with both of you. But once again I feel strongly that this is all on purpose... she will be forced to snap out of it and realize that she doesn't want a normal life... resulting in closure on her desire to be popular and normal AND closure on her first love Duncan. I actually like not liking her right now... it's giving more time to care about the other characters... and it makes us see why some people don't like her... very reminiscent of what Joss did with Buffy on BTVS several time. Buffy wasn't always likeable but in the end you always loved her.

Comment

I know what Jackie did to Veronica on National TV was bad but what VM was going to do back was so much worse. She wasn't even going to hesistate about doing it until Wallace told her not to do something to get her back. VMs seems to be quite vindictive right now and doesn't seem to care. But she is starting to alienate those she is closest to like Wallace.

Comment

True... what Jackie did was horrible... but it was stuff everyone already sort of knew and were talking about. But what V would have done was exposed Jackie's father publically... effecting a lot more than just Jackie... and would have humiliated Jackie.

Comment

While I think that it is interesting that the writers have Veronica being this sort of unlikable, insensitive, self centered (okay, I've got to stop) person right now, I wish we had a bit more insight as to what is driving her and making her be so blind and foolish. I know she had a rough year and probably was freaked out by all the hurts and disappointments she had to endure and I believe that is why she broke up with Logan, because she was scared of what she felt about him and he was too close to danger for her. So she turns to Duncan who 'appears' safe and normal but I don't see how she can let so much slide in his awful behavior to her. I mean the guy shut her down for asking a question last week. She honestly seems scared of him. What is that about? Yet Logan she has no trouble lashing out at and blaming for everything wrong in the world. I just wish we had a better understanding as to what she is thinking. She's a smart girl. How can she be acting so stupid?

Comment

Logan is easy to lash out to cause he'll bite right back at her ; with Duncan she wants that safty the "Normal' being with Logan is like being with a tornado wild and scary, while Duncan is the eye of it , the calm.

Comment

Ronnie's Hair

It's like since her hair has grown she's been soft, I wish she would cut her hair again and be the old Veronica we know and love

Comment

Logan is too much her equal in that department... and hits her too close to home. Duncan is everything she is not... reserved, peace-keeping, popular, "normal"... I think her fear with Duncan is a fear of not being accepted. If Duncan rejects her, then she really is doomed an outcast. Logan, even with all his popularity, is really an outcast as well... the kid everyone is kinda scared of, sucks up to, is amused by... but no one really knows... sound very similar to Veronica without the popularity. Like you say Dizzy... Duncan is Veronica's safety net... but I'm guessing she is going to get bored with safety real soon.

Comment

LOL.

Comment

Ah, very interesting points. Why do you think she seems so hostile towards him? Is it the Kendall stuff? Is it the way Logan is reacting to her? Or is it her way of protecting herself? These two really did begin to share something really close with each other. I wish we could have seen (or in flashbacks) some of their summer together. Logan even told her he was falling in love with her. I don't see Logan saying that too easily. Yet now they seem so hateful of each other. It's hard to watch. But yet in some ways having Veronica not being the character she was last season almost makes it a bit easier. I don't recognize this character and so her being with Duncan and their bizarre relationship all fits in with everything else being bizarre right now. I just wonder how they will get past it all.

Comment

I think they are so hostile in an effort to mask the connection they share. The fact that they shared so much over the summer, so we are led to believe, is hard to stomach now that they are back at school and apart. Part of Logan's hostility must be the fact that he gave so much of himself... depending on her, which he doesn't do easily, and letting himself love her & share that with her... BUT on top of that Veronica still refused to share anything of herself. She did not depend on him & did not tell him she loved him. But Veronica doesn't seem able to do this with anyone... to terrified of letting anyone get that close. Additionally, Veronica did dump him not long after his decleration of love... can't feel nice. Anyone else wondering if Veronica was more scared of Logan loving her, than of Logan's troubled status?
                              As for Veronica's hostility, I think quite a lot of it has to do with jealousy. But more than that, Logan has always made Veronica feel vulnerable and I think now, more than ever, he is able to do that. Also, for both of them, the snarky cruel banter does seem to be foreplay... so it makes sense that they have reverted back to it.

Comment

great points. Very insightful I do think she is more scared of what she might feel towards Logan (and what he might feel towards her) rather than his 'troubled status'. I wonder what it is going to take for her to allow herself to to be vunerable and let herself love and be loved.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎