Loved it? Hated it? What did YOU think of "Aqua?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 fish sticks out of 10 -- not one of my favorite JLA-hero-introducing episodes, but still, it was pretty good, and fleshed out Lois's character a little bit more.

Comment

• Loved the episode it seemed that Clark was not in a good mood through the whole episode until, AC left :P

Comment

• One of the worst episodes of the season. I had to go into shallow mode in this one to be able to watch it.

Comment

• I don't see what was wrong with Aqua, it was one of the few episodes in a rather depressing Season 5 I actually enjoyed.

Comment

• Clark was kind of a jerk, but it's definitely one of the more enjoyable episodes of my least favorite season. I thought it was an adequate introduction to Arthur's character.

Comment

• Clark did have a good reason for it though even if it indeed was Aquaman. The episode's definitely one of the best of the season. Imo Smallville was always at it's best when it delved into the DC mythos with it's characters, characterization (Lex had good villain moments in there) and plots (the sonar weapon idea was great).

Too bad the show didn't know what to do with the character (Justice not included) except make him get captured for two more times without contributing that much.

Comment

• Whoa. Did anyone else feel like they were watching an episode of Superfriends with this ep? The heavy-handed "bah, who needs fish?" from Lex, the torture scene, the fact that Lex's motivations seemed to be all about money and only money...not the usual layered Lex.

And this episode made me realise what Clark reminds me of post-season 4 - a cow. You try to get him to move with all your might, push and cajole and plead, and do everything you can and eventually he might amble a step or two forward before he comes right back to a stand-still I appreciate his attempts to talk to Lex and go through the right channels, but added together with all the other passive-Clark episodes, watching AC trying to get him to *do* something was a bit tedious.

But:
                "Wet and ready bro!"

...Wow. Does he use that line on all the pretty superheroes? It was nice to see a bit of Lex flirting with both AC and Clark though. The chemistry he generates with Clark is what makes me see his female romances as unconvincing and lack-lustre.

On this re-watch, I'm really noticing how awesome Lois is. She's so perfectly strong, dorky and smart, esepcially when she's taking care of AC *whispers* The Clana was kind of cute too *runs away in shame*

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Whoa. Did anyone else feel like they were watching an episode of Superfriends with this ep? The heavy-handed "bah, who needs fish?" from Lex, the torture scene, the fact that Lex's motivations seemed to be all about money and only money...not the usual layered Lex.

And this episode made me realise what Clark reminds me of post-season 4 - a cow. You try to get him to move with all your might, push and cajole and plead, and do everything you can and eventually he might amble a step or two forward before he comes right back to a stand-still I appreciate his attempts to talk to Lex and go through the right channels, but added together with all the other passive-Clark episodes, watching AC trying to get him to *do* something was a bit tedious.

But:
                "Wet and ready bro!"

...Wow. Does he use that line on all the pretty superheroes? It was nice to see a bit of Lex flirting with both AC and Clark though. The chemistry he generates with Clark is what makes me see his female romances as unconvincing and lack-lustre.

On this re-watch, I'm really noticing how awesome Lois is. She's so perfectly strong, dorky and smart, especially when she's taking care of AC *whispers* The Clana was kind of cute too *runs away in shame*
                Last edited by Arbar; 07-13-2012, 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I liked this one. I think it's the first time we see that Lex can, in fact, be truly evil, and the first time he crosses a line he really can't take back.

Comment

• Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
                    I liked this one. I think it's the first time we see that Lex can, in fact, be truly evil, and the first time he crosses a line he really can't take back.
                    I still think that the torture Ollie did (or even worse, hired somebody to do it) to Lex was way beyond everything Lex ever did to AC. And nobody ever said Ollie couldn't take that back. But I guess I repeat myself here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arbar
                      Whoa. Did anyone else feel like they were watching an episode of Superfriends with this ep? The heavy-handed "bah, who needs fish?" from Lex, the torture scene, the fact that Lex's motivations seemed to be all about money and only money...not the usual layered Lex.
                      Yep. He probably imagined himself to be Devilitas so he could pretend to be the evil criminal mastermind to AC. I for one didn't get the impression that he wanted to hurt AC seriously, especially after AC had tried to protect Clark during the questioning.

As to it being all about money for Lex, that was not believable at all. As he said to Clark when he was attacked because he was on Chloe's meteor freak list "The only superpower I have is to make money."

And this episode made me realise what Clark reminds me of post-season 4 - a cow. You try to get him to move with all your might, push and cajole and plead, and do everything you can and eventually he might amble a step or two forward before he comes right back to a stand-still
                      I also found it indicative that when Clark goes into superspeed and loses control in Blank he only stops right in front of cows. He sure feels comfortable around them.

I would not call it flirting but I agree the chemistry was great.

Comment

• I didn't hate the episode, I just thought that Alan Ritchson as AC was poorly acted and poorly written. He kinda looked the part but I would have personally gone with someone would was more "king of Atlantis" like. That's how I remember Aquaman anyway.

But the plot was good and was nice to see another her on the show.....so I'll give this one a 6 out of 10.

Comment

• This episode can be summed up in three words: "Stay super, bro."

Was it a fun episode? Yes. Was it a mediocre episode? Also yes! Instead of King of Atlantis, we got "surfer dude". Say what you will about the first appearance of a future Justice Leaguer, it wasn't enough to make this a great ep. What keeps it from tanking is the Leviathan project, a glimpse of Lex Luthor's egomaniacal destiny. And Lois Lane.

Comment

• I quite liked the episode. Watching this and "Run" back to back, you discover more about them. "Run" had Clark learning that it's okay to have fun with your powers, while Bart learned to stop running and take responsibility. Here Clark learns that you can't resolve everything by talking (i.e. him thinking Lex will shut everything down, just because he asked) and AC learns the advantage of working together with others.

Some might find it silly that AC (and previously Bart) wears the colors of his future superhero costume. But, it kinda explains why his suit will be orange and green: it's because he likes the colors. What's the alternative? Him choosing orange and green, due to liking the colors, without any evidence of that being the case?

I like that AC didn't just show up as the king of Atlantis. He's a young guy, who still has questions left to find answers to. Just like Clark, he is on a journey of self-discovery, only a different one than Clark. Furthermore, if you have him come in an say "I'm Arthur of Atlantis", you've just dropped a major bomb that can't be ignored. You've just established that Atlantis exists and is a real place. You can't just say it and just move on to the rest of the plot, with the characters acting like normal. They've just learned that Atlantis is real.
                            Last edited by jon-el87; 03-01-2017, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎