Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else bothered by Clark losing his virginity?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOLY CRAP I RARELY VOICE MY OPIION HERE I MORE OF A SILENT READER BUT I HAVE TO SAW IVE GROWN UP A RELIGIOUS PERSON AND I FEEL SEX IN THIS CASE WAS JUSTIFYED BY THE FACT THAT 1. THERE 18 AN ADULT
    2. THEY OBIVIOUSLY LOVE EACH OTHER
    3. I LOVE CLANA
    4. AND HE ALMOST DIES COME ON PEOPLE
    PLEASE PM ME WITH RESPONSES I WANT TO HEAR YER OPINIONS... THANKS AND GOODNIGHT

Comment

• Okay, everyone has there own opinions on Clark losing his viginity but who cares. This is a 2005 version of Clark Kent. Mind you, there has never been a show based on just Clark Kent. So if the 1938 Superman never had sex, thats because when the writers back then were writing, they didn't put it in. Sex before marraige was probably a bad thing back then, but as we all know, in 2005, 12 year olds are having sex.

Clark loses his powers and expects that he is never going to get them back. The first thing I would do is sex it up with everyone I could. We know he has wanted to do it for a long time. But he never did because of his Kryptonian BG, not knowing what would happen.

I personally don't think sex between Clark and Lana was a bad thing. It was the progression of the show and there relationship. Saying it is immoral for Clark to have sex is rediculous. He is still learning, and being raised by humans on Earth, his life isn't any different than any other kid, young adult out there. He just happens to have superpowers. It is in our nature to reproduce. why else would we have these damn private parts.

I do find it hard to believe Clark/Superman has sex with Lois in the comics. Do they say they have done it? Can they have kids? Don't answer that. This isn't the thread for comic book sex.

Good for you, those that want to wait until you are married, but don't think just because you want to wait, everyone else has to.

Comment

• How many people these days stay virgins until marriage? Not many. I don't think it's a problem, considering I don't think Clark will have sex with anyone else besides Lois.

Comment

• i think everyone over 21 has had sex!!!!! and i think sax was necessary for clark to screw lana because they are in a serious relationship and they were ready for the next step..and thats all there is too it

Comment

• Well I for one am bothered by Clark losing his virginity. I think I commented in the Mortal thread. It seems to me that it was quite sudden, I mean, Clark and Lana were together for how long? Never mind the "I've always loved you" spiel. Personally, I don't believe in sex before marriage and I feel that this event was out of place in Smallville.

I'm disappointed.

Oh, can I just add this: didn't you guys see Martha and Jonathan's reaction to Clark's actions?!?! Jonathan was livid and rightly so! People treat sex too lightly these days - remember what it is there for - to procreate!!

Comment

• It was bound to happen. Superman has had pre-marital sex in Superman II (at that point, in the comics, Superman and Lois Lane were not *officially* romantically linked--it wasn't until a decade or more later that he revealed his identity to keep up with *Lois and Clark*), and had sex with Wonder Woman in 'Kingdon Come.' So, based on that, it's not out of character.

As for those who aren't concerned necessarily with Superman/Clark in the comics, but are more in tune with Smallville, I would suggest that this topic was handled with maturity. In many programs, we've seen teens throw themselves at each other without rhyme or reason, but for ratings. This includes reality programs, as well as the teen dramas. Smallville, I would argue, had 2 characters wait 5 seasons, and wait until the characters were in college. I think, if anything, it serves as a more positive view of human sexuality than any other program. It also is in tune with the reality of where society stands.

Comment

• I am bothered by it, but I think only because he was with Lana. I've grown to dislike the two of them as a couple -- I don't see it as a healthy relationship. It seems like obsessive infatuation on Clark's side and morbid fascination on Lana's side. Season One, I thought they were cute together. I thought they had a real connection. I wish TPTB had done something more positive with that energy. But with all the back and forth, and you're lying and I'm dating other people and all the weirdness, it just left me with a bad feeling. So I didn't see their sexual involvement as a good thing.

But from a morality sense, I don't object. They're old enough, they know each other well enough. I wish he'd waited for someone else. Lana, too.
                Last edited by Watching Smallville; 02-09-2006, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• I think the degredation of their relationship after they had sex shows the very reason why they shouldn't have done it. All of a sudden "sex" was the main issue of the relationship. Proves they weren't mature enough to handle it!

I doubt Superman8 will see this, but he is way off if he thinks "Everyone" has had sex by 21. I'd like to see generalizations like that stuffed in the orifices of the people who use them. True Love Waits is not just a religious moniker, but the truth no matter the age!!

Comment

• I disagree that sex was the main issue. It's an unexplained change in the relationship, which, of course, is going to raise questions. The main issue is honesty -- which is what it always has been. It doesn't prove they weren't mature enough, but it does prove there wasn't enough trust between them.

As for "True Love Waits" -- I think both Lana and Clark believe that what they have is true love. I just think they're mistaken.

Comment

• They are both young and maybe don't have the tools to have a real adult loving relationship which is more of a reason for the relationship coming to an end than premarital sex. Personally, I don't know how you would want to get married to someone if you're not sure you're sexually compatible. I mean you should love someone on an emotional, physical, intellectual and spiritual level. The physical aspect is a big part of the relationship - definitely not the most important thing but equally as important as the others. None of this works without trust. So, yeah, lack of honest, lack of trust is what destroys relationships.

Comment

• It must be the Vancouver weather because Kristin's Edgemont character waited to have sex with Clark, OOPS, Mark in the same 5th season. What a Co- winky -dink. However, I thought the Hidden sex scene was well done with the light humor. I rate Hidden as my favorite episode.

Comment

• I don't think that Clark losing his virginity is such a big issue for various reasons.

1) This is a modern interpretation of the superman mythos where ideals are a lot different than they were in 1938 when Superman appeared.
                          2) He's not superman yet and at this point he had lost his powers and didn't think he'd be getting them back.
                          3) If it was a mistake then it was part of his training to be the moral figure he will one day become but it also humanises superman and shows his fallabillity which is a very human trait as you all know. If it wasn't a mistake then it shows that he is responsible to wait till he was legal and made sure it was with someone he cared about. The fact that he turned down those girls in the episode where Alicia reappeared in season 4 or has turned down others like wotshername from the episode with "the love molecule" also in season 4 shows that he is a responsible person who won't just take it from anywhere he can get it
                          4) When he died Jor-El said "Your mortal journey is over" which suggests he was reborn in some sense.

I've said my piece so please continue this discussion.

Comment

• Based on reasoning, so long as you believe sex is reserved for the ones you love, then sex should come after marriage. Why?

Because true love is about commitment and sacrifice. Although you may think that you love someone you haven't married, the truth is:

Marriage IS the commitment.

Wholehearted love is a marriage vow, a binding contract. Anything else is less than commitment; there is always a way out. Anything less than a lifelong covenant is but a pledge to love them and to stay by them until they upset you enough to break up. There is no more commitment there than in an ordinary friendship. In fact, friendships usually withstand longer. And since this pledge only lasts as long as the going is good, there is also no more sacrifice.

If you truly loved someone, you would marry them, so if you believe in saving sex for the one you love, you would save yourself for after the marriage.

-----

Many people have argued that you need to take your car for a test drive. You sure do, but what's the point of marriage again? It is not simply to have sex. If it was, then the marriage would be over with the lust. Marriage is about loving the person in the physical realm but also beyond it. Test driving for the marriage then is not just about the sexual aspect, but the entire courtship: getting to know the person, discovering their interests... heck, even checking them out physically. Even while keeping the clothes on, it's not hard to tell if you're sexually attracted to a person. Why must it progress, therefore, to taking the clothes off?

Running with the car analogy, picking out a partner, even the sexual aspect, is like building the car of your dreams. Maybe you want a car with crazy subwoofers, engine, and rims, a car you can enjoy, a car you can be proud of, but you can't expect to just stumble upon that car in the market. If you want to fit it to your dreams, you have to first commit to a solid base... a good body perhaps, a beautiful face. Although it won't be perfect the first drive around, that's to be expected. Through a gradual process of love and care, you can add onto it all the custom adornments and upgrades that you like, even the desired mastery in bed. Most of the joy in any long-term relationship, in fact, comes from enduring the process of growth, seeing the flowers blossom, then tasting of the fruit.

Waiting to have sex after marriage is not like running into a dead end. You two have all the rest of your lives to improve upon your game, and it's all the more beautiful because the wait has been so long.

Comment

• Marriage is not for everyone. You can truly love someone and not want to marry. For many reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by whit*****
                                It bothers me - not perhaps because of some kind of 'moral purity' reason, but because it was clearly introduced as a gimmick to improve ratings.
                                Honestly? I think that an episode featuring Lana as a hot girl (Nicodemus, Thirst?..) does much more for the ratings than this "all candles and Coldplay" version of sex.

Besides...

Originally posted by Krypton Angel

WHO CARES!!! CLARK GOT LAID AND IT WAS SWEET, VIRGINITY IS OVER RATED AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE SEX!
                                [2]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎