Torchwood General Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does any1 know how long JM is gonna be in torchwood? is it more than one episode??

Comment

Just the one it appears. Baddie of the week kind of thing

[SPOILER] He plays an "omnisexual" alien. Should get on with Jack then... [/SPOILER]

Comment

haha Jack will take anything he can get!

Comment

****MINOR SPOILERS****

S2 Information finally been confirmed:

As taken from http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=torchwood_latest:

The Beeb have finally confirmed that Buffy and Angel star James Marsters is making a guest appearance in the first episode, and released the (picture below), which we imagine will have inspired about 5000 slash fiction stories by tomorrow morning.
          Says Marsters, "I am a huge fan of

Doctor Who and Torchwood so it was me who knocked on their door... I am really excited about the character I am playing. I can't say too much about him, except he is naughty and a bit of a psychopath."

“Naughty”? We’re guessing that’s an understatement. In an interview with the Chicago Tribune, Barrowman comments, “There’s a scene between he and Jack when they first meet... all I’ll say is, this scene is so hot, so horny, so violent, that all the fans who watch it are going to [censored!]”

Calm down, ladies. And some of you gents.

Another guest star confirmed is Alan Dale – best known initially for his role as Jim Robinson on Neighbours, but latterly for his roles in shows like Ugly Betty, The West Wing, The O.C. and 24.

Russell T Davies also teases some of the storylines, which will include:

“Torchwood's encounter with a rogue Time Agent; a tragic time-slip from World War One; and a memory-thief who uncovers long-forgotten secrets among the entire team”. Could Marsters’s character be the “rogue Time Agent”, do you think? Odds-on, we reckon.

Finally, here’s a list of all the writers for the second season:

Chris Chibnall: co-producer of the show, obviously.

Catherine Tregenna: writer of season one’s “Out of Time” and “Captain Jack Harkness”.

Helen Raynor: script editor of Doctor Who; writer of 2007’s Dalek two-parter and last year’s “Ghost Machine”.

James Moran: writer of the horror flick Severance – and an episode of Doctor Who season four.

Joseph Lidster: writer of several of Big Finish’s range of Doctor Who audio adventures.

PJ Hammond: creator of Sapphire and Steel and writer of last year’s “Small Worlds”. (Bet his is the one about “a tragic time-slip from World War One”!)

JC Wilsher: has written for loads of shows, including New Tricks, Dalziel and Pascoe and The Bill.

Matt Jones: executive producer of Shameless and writer of Doctor Who’s “The Impossible Planet”/“The Satan Pit”.

Torchwood season two will air on BBC Two in Spring 2008.

Sources: BBC/Chicago Tribune

Comment

I just got into the show, I am on episode 5..I love it BTW.

Comment

episode 5 is the one with the cannibals right?

Comment

no 6 eck! That was freaky

Comment

yeah, definite darker subject matter with torchwood

Comment

HA I loved the ending of season 1! Excellent.

So I take it when Jack finds the TARDIS in "Utopia" is where the end of season 1 left off?
                    Last edited by Lexgirl33; 08-26-2007, 09:15 PM.

Comment

pretty much, yeah. I can't really say much without it being a spoiler though

Comment

ah okay cool. I can't wait for season 2

Comment

yeah! should be interesting.

Comment

Nice snippet in this month's SFX.

Apparently we're going to find out more about Jack's time after Satellite 5 and before Torchwood. Could be interesting

Comment

That would be good, as it is currently a hole the size of india in terms of storyline atm.

Comment

Spoilers:

Apparently, Jack and JM's character will be snogging.

Here's a quote from fenchurche at LJ. She attended the Q&A at dragon*con

JM was talking about his character's first scene on the show and that it involved a barfight and a kiss... and gave the impression that we'd be seen a rather spectacular fight, ending with him and Captain Jack in a liplock (JM was trying very hard not to reveal too much, but let a few things slip about that scene). I've now got this wonderful mental image of how it would play out and I'm REALLY hoping it works out that way... with the two of them fighting, not really against each other, and with us not knowing who this other person is... and the two of them ending up nose to nose in the middle of it all, with the adrenaline of the fight swirling around.

When JM first got on the set of Torchwood, he was evidently more than a little freaked out about his first guy on guy kiss (which he said surprised him a bit, because he hadn't thought it would bother him at all), and it didn't help that John Barrowman really is a bit of a lech... and likes to grab people on set (men, women, doesn't seem to make a difference -- butts, breasts, you name it). It apparently got back to JB that JM was maybe a bit freaked, and JM said that JB was totally cool when it came to the kissing scene... wanting to make sure he was comfortable with it, and really worked with him on it... and JM said, really, it was no big deal. Just scratchier than kissing a woman.
                                Last edited by chlarkfan333; 09-03-2007, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎