No announcement yet.

"I'm no longer human" ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm no longer human" ?

OK, what did Clark mean by this? Did he mean he's no longer human as in he got his powers back? Or he's no longer human as he no longer has human emotions?

I'm pretty sure it's the first one, but I just want somebody to tell me so 'cuz I'm still a little bit confused.

I hated that line because:

Clark was NEVER human. Somebody needs to tell the boy.

Comment

The irony of course is that he IS human, in every way that counts. Jonathan and Martha (and Clark's friends) have made sure of that, bless their hearts!

Comment

I agree EricN68....its sort of what Jor El is taking him to task for...
        his emotions seem to be human...and that is what counts...
        BUT I guess, Jor El wants him to see the big picture and stop messing around with the simple "loves" of your own life...its about mankind...not about Clarks inner circle....

Think big seems to be the kryptonian way

Hope

Comment

He just meant that he's no longer 'normal' like the rest of us, and must now endure the hardships of being god-like. Poor boy.

Comment

Originally posted by EricN68
            The irony of course is that he IS human, in every way that counts. Jonathan and Martha (and Clark's friends) have made sure of that, bless their hearts!

Umm, He's from another PLANET, you guys are confusing, Humanoid with earthling.

Comment

Human, to me, doesn't mean biology. I think ultimately that's what the whole show is about. Clark is a being who could literally have whatever he wanted in this world. But because of his supremely human upbringing, he choses to live like us. At his core, biology or no, he IS one of us.

Comment

We're not confused. We're saying that Clark is human in all the important ways. We mean in values and relationships, etc. Meaning that except for DNA he is human.

Comment

It's based off a comic. So, anything is possible.

Clark actually WAS human biologically--it wasn't merely that his powers got taken away.

At the end, Lana hands over Clark's medical file to Lex, stating everything came out normal.

Whether you like that they put that in there or not doesn't matter. It wasn't just his powers.

But, no, I think Jor-El was just talking about making him biologically Kryptonian again. Clark has been raised human; he loves humanity. He's emotionally human, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Liriel

We're not confused. We're saying that Clark is human in all the important ways. We mean in values and relationships, etc. Meaning that except for DNA he is human.
                    [/QUOTE]
                    "Except for DNA he is human", one of the greatest driving force behind Lex's hate for Superman is the fact that he is an ALIEN.
                    It's great to personlize Clark but he's simply not Human.

Comment

No, biologically he isn't. But in Smallville nothing but biology differentiates him from human beings. All his values were determined/influenced/ingrained by humans, by Jonathan and Martha.

That Lex can't see that is Lex's flaw.

Comment

"I'm no longer human"

I was rewatching this episode the other day and this line by Clark really struck me as odd. It was after he came back to the farm once he had gotten his powers back and being rezzed.

What was it in his death that supposively changed him in a fundamental way. After watching episodes after this one, he still seems the same ol BDA, though maybe a little less naive. He still acts as human as ever. He doesn't seem any more Kryptonian than prior to his death.

And what did it mean when Jor-el said that his mortal journey was over?

I guess I'm just not seeing the any significant difference in Clark yet. Any help in helping me understand this better?

Comment

His mortal journey was when he lived as a normal human without his powers. That is over because it is too risky and Kal-el is too valuable and important to take that risk again.

I have not seen most of season 5 yet. But I think he is still trying to fight his destiny. He thought he was done when he put those 2 disciples of Zod in the PZ.

I think he realized at the end of "Hidden" that Jor-el is not done with him yet and a little fearful because someone he knows is going to die.

Comment

Why does always Clark whine? So, he has his powers back and is invulnerable again. Most people I know would actually like the idea of not having to be afraid of being shot or stabbed to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerial
                              It's based off a comic. So, anything is possible.

Clark actually WAS human biologically--it wasn't merely that his powers got taken away.

At the end, Lana hands over Clark's medical file to Lex, stating everything came out normal.

Whether you like that they put that in there or not doesn't matter. It wasn't just his powers.

But, no, I think Jor-El was just talking about making him biologically Kryptonian again. Clark has been raised human; he loves humanity. He's emotionally human, IMO.
                              Yes, Jor-El could also change your DNA.

Clark wasn't even born on this planet, so his DNA could never be human. He's a diffrent speices.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎