Greatest Band Ever?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

that album is considered Classic Rock now. and it was very good.

Comment

Originally posted by VersesBatman
      I appreciate that but this thread isn't what bands you hate. It's about fans celebrating who they like. No matter what their tastes are.
      I agree. I wasn't criticising.

Comment

I'd say The Ramones or AC/DC.

Comment

I saw the Ramones twice-they were great.
          I wouldnt say 'Slippery When Wet' is classic rock.Not yet.
          Wasnt it just this year that oldies stations started playing 70's music-I thought it had to be 25 years past the decade to be considered classic rock.So in 2015 it will be officially classic rock.

Comment

I loved The Ramones on the Simpsons.

"I just want to say this gig sucks."

Comment

well on our local classic rock station here, they play it all the time.

Comment

Coldplay, Beatles, Nirvana, Aerosmith, Smashing Pumpkins, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana... man you can't get any better than that.

Comment

I cant believe that Led Zeppelin isnt getting too much love on this board. I mean they have arguably the most popular (and overplayed) song of all time in "stairway to heaven", Robert Plant's vocal's can inspire many, and all zeppelin songs can stir up some sorty of emotion, from the heavy riffs in "kashmir" to the feeling of a lost love in "Going to California"...while there are many good bands that came out of this time period, Led Zeppelin has to be the best all around band. After this long rant, my top 5 would have to be

1) Led Zeppelin
                  2) Pink Floyd
                  3) Nirvana
                  4) 3 Doors Down
                  5) Chevelle

All of these bands made my list becuase i feel that they have came out with a new sound that has not been heard prior to there time. While Chevelle may sound like tool, i feel that they take the entire hard/soft transition to a place it has never been before, while 3 doors down can go from almost a ballet (Let me go) to a good old fashion southern rock high energy song(Live for Today)

Comment

1)Coldplay-Martins vocals are just to awesome to pass up. Check out:X&Y, Yellow, Clocks, Speed of Sound, and Swallowed in the Sea

2)Jimmy Eat World-Definently cant go wrong with most of Futures, and their cover for Prodigy's Firestarter is great. Check out: Pain, Work, Firestarter, For Me This is Heaven, and The Middle.

3)Chevelle-Awesome vocals and guitar, and theyr from Chicago! Check Out- Clincher, The Red, Send the Pain Below, Closure(awesome guitar), and Forfeit.

4)Muse-Sounds like Radiohead, but much better. Singers range(and guitar awesomeness) is great. Check out:Hysteria, Time is Running Out, Hyper Music, Citizen Erased.

5)Dave Matthews Band-Different style, but definently the top of its kind. Dave is awesome. Check Out- Pig, Crush, Steady as We Go, AMerican Baby, and Gravedigger
                    Last edited by PATMAN; 10-31-2005, 04:31 PM.

Comment

At 1 time Led Zeppelin was my favorite-I got em in my top 10.
                      I think alot has to do with your age-or the type of music u like.
                      For instance-in the above post Patman lists his fav bands-I could not tell u 1 song from any of those groups.I happen to like pre 80s music-I even prefer 50s music to most music these days.

Comment

truely typed

Comment

It is funny how everyone has their own tastes especially in music...I know The Doors are the classic all around band but to me they always sounded like carnival music so except for People are Strange I never got into them..It is hard to narrow down since I do love all styles of music and I loved AC/DC's Back In Black and Highway to Hell but then never liked them there after so they will always be in a musical timeframe like lots of great bands but when I think all time great I also think consistency counts..a band that has withstood all through the times they were together at least...

Queen
                          Aerosmith
                          Led Zeppelin
                          Guns n Roses
                          Inxs
                          U2
                          Green Day
                          The Cure
                          and for me even though I'm not a big fan except for all their older stuff..The Rolling Stones still by far has to be on this list..I mean come on they are still touring..my god that alone should put them on a list.

okay so he isn't a band but I don't care..I think he is one of the best musicians ever...

Johnny Cash- yes Johnny Cash I'm adding him because even when people hated country they loved Johnny..and who else could take a song like Hurt by Nine Inch Nails and make it one of the best songs of all time when sung by him. He went through so many generations and even until the end he sang with emotion.

It is funny how everyone has their own tastes especially in music...I know The Doors are the classic all around band but to me they always sounded like carnival music so except for People are Strange I never got into them..It is hard to narrow down since I do love all styles of music and I loved AC/DC's Back In Black and Highway to Hell but then never liked them there after so they will always be in a musical timeframe like lots of great bands but when I think all time great I also think consistency counts..a band that has withstood all through the times they were together at least...

Queen
                          Aerosmith
                          Led Zeppelin
                          Guns n Roses
                          Inxs
                          U2
                          Green Day
                          The Cure
                          and for me even though I'm not a big fan except for all their older stuff..The Rolling Stones still by far has to be on this list..I mean come on they are still touring..my god that alone should put them on a list.

okay so he isn't a band but..I think he is one of the best musicians ever... just wanted to add this as well

Johnny Cash- yes Johnny Cash I'm adding him because even when people hated country they loved Johnny..and who else could take a song like Hurt by Nine Inch Nails and make it one of the best songs of all time when sung by him. He went through so many generations and even until the end he sang with emotion.
                          Last edited by kryptonitte; 11-01-2005, 09:09 PM.

Comment

The Doors sound like carnival music?Could u be more spefific?
                            Certainly songs like The End wouldnt be played at many carnivals.
                            Johnny Cash was great-but yeh,this is bands-maybe I should start a solo thread.

Comment

I didn't know Break on through(to the other side) sounded like carnival music. :P

Comment

Okay I will say Break on Through isn't so carnival like...and I know you don't hear The Doors per se at a carnival..but if for me Love me two times, Light my Fire..if you remove the singing the music always creates the image of carnival horses going up and down on a merry go round and I can't get that imagine out of my head when I listen to them..Yes and now you all think what a strange person... I know they will always be classic though for many people so that is just my opinion...and yes I should have left out Johnny but when I think of music he always pops up in my head..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎