Greatest Band Ever?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant more than one song put out on the air. Dookie had more than one song put out. So Green Day isn't a one hit wonder.

Comment

GREEN DAY!!! Theres a band that will go down in history.

Comment

Van Halen
        Led Zepplin
        Nirvana
        Metallica
        Queen

Comment

(best to almost best )
          Audioslave
          Led Zepplin
          Pearl Jam
          Pink Floyd
          Guns N Roses

Comment

Nirvana
            Led Zeppelin
            Beatles

Three different bands from three different generations who changed the face of music.

Comment

The Beatles
              The Doors
              Cream
              Derek and the Dominos
              Queen
              Jimi Hendrix Experience
              Grateful Dead
              ACDC
              CCR
              Zombies

These bands rock the freaking house^^^

My top three are probably:

1. Beatles
              2. Doors
              3. Jimi Hendrix Experience

Originally posted by VersesBatman
              I like their song Novenber rain.
              Tru dat.
              Last edited by DarkseidX; 10-15-2005, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I forgot to mention Nirvana.

Comment

People kill me all the time when I say that Nirvana's overrated.

But I still believe that. Not that I'm saying that their music is bad, but their's definetly groups that exeed the simplicity of Nirvana's music. And again I'm not saying that because music is simple it's bad. (cause if that were true there's no way in hell I would like the Beatles) All I'm saying is that their's definetly better groups with way more complex and sophisticated music than Nirvana.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkseidX

But I still believe that. Not that I'm saying that their music is bad, but their's definetly groups that exeed the simplicity of Nirvana's music. And again I'm not saying that because music is simple it's bad. (cause if that were true there's no way in hell I would like the Beatles) All I'm saying is that their's definetly better groups with way more complex and sophisticated music than Nirvana.
                    I agree with that totally

Comment

ITs implicity is what makes it good. I am no big fan of Nirvana myself, but I like a lot of their stuff. I do believe that if it wasnt for them, Pearl Jam, and the whole Grunge movement, we wouldnt have ever had pop-punk and without pop-punk there would never be emo or any of the bands that you hear on the radio. Modern rock wouldnt exist as such. We'd all either be listening to Britney Spears, Snoop Dogg, or KoRn.

Comment

i think you gotta go by category or it's too hard. like comparing apples n' oranges.

so, for rock & roll: Aerosmith

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup
                          ITs implicity is what makes it good. I am no big fan of Nirvana myself, but I like a lot of their stuff. I do believe that if it wasnt for them, Pearl Jam, and the whole Grunge movement, we wouldnt have ever had pop-punk and without pop-punk there would never be emo or any of the bands that you hear on the radio. Modern rock wouldnt exist as such. We'd all either be listening to Britney Spears, Snoop Dogg, or KoRn.
                          Without Nirvana we'd still have the hair bands.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. From a historical standpoint they did indeed change the scape of music, but as a band, I can't stand Nirvana. However, from the bad comes the good, namely Dave Grohl, thus also giving us the Foo Fighters which rock like no other.

And just to give further ammunition to those who disagree with my musical tastes, I can't stand the Rolling Stones. I will freely admit that they've got three or four great songs, but that gives them one solid hit every ten years. Personally, I think that the Stones are a joke played by the record industry to see just how far they can go. This joke has succeeded so well that the Stones are still touring, and selling tickets at sickeningly high prices to hear Mick Jagger sound like an old crapped out version of his old self, while he continues his ridiculous 'dancing'. How can that not be a joke?
                            Last edited by MyOwnSuperhero; 10-17-2005, 01:55 PM.

Comment

For some mysterious reason some women find Mick sexy.

Comment

^^I've never been able to figure that out. Even when you see old Stones footage he's just a skinny big lipped guy in weird outfits. I do however really like the Stones music.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who dislikes Nirvana. I think it's because I'm kind of an oldies fan when it comes to music. For instance, one band that I really like is Fleetwood Mac.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎