No announcement yet.

Episode 2.03: Cheatty Cheatty Bang Bang

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewAgeJesus
    As 'shel' said, Kendall's iPod didn't take pictures. Veronica asked Beaver to load Kendall's music onto the iPod she gave him, so it would be the same music, and obviously she ''adapted'' it, to include a camera.

Also... Scary goth?... haha..
    As NewAgeJesus said, she changed the ipods so Kendall never realised she was having V's ipod, she might put something to take the pics, but dunno if it's actually possible.

I also don't know if V's getting jelaous of Jackie or if it's just she can see this girl's no good for Wallace, actually hey carachter it pissess me off she's so full of herself, and she's only using Wallace to get stuff.

Comment

V meeting her match with beaver? no...

duncan was 10 times better this episode than the last

Comment

Originally posted by LaineSV11
        V meeting her match with beaver? no...

That was joke LOL! Next time I'll use smilies. I thought everyone would figure that out.

Comment

yeah i knew you were kidding

i love your avatar so much

Comment

I'm back... didn't know people (aka NAJ & LLM) would miss me so much... LOL!!!! I was out of town for the week... I'll post my thoughts later... when my brain is back in full force.

And for those of you reading the Supernatural thread... on my flight home neither Sam nor Dean showed up... and I made it past the 40min mark... however as we were landing the plane got hit by lighting, the lights went out and the emergency lights came on... oh what fun flying is!!!

Comment

yeah supernatural made me not like flying yq22... wow did it really get hit by lightning? wow i feel bad for you i wouldve been screaming

Comment

Laine, Thanks I got my avatar from YQ22.

YQ22, Glad you are back and I look forward to your review. I can't believe your plane got struck by lightening. I'm everybody on board is O.K. Like Laine I proably would have had a mild freak out.

Comment

yeah yq22 its good that you're ok..

Comment

Well it appears the quality of the writing is just getting better which I say THANK GOD. I think it will be hard to top last year because the story seemed bigger with Lilly's death and now we are focusing on who the real Veronica is, just as she is.

I loved, loved, loved her scene with Logan, the power between them man it was felt by all. I loved how they keep with Logan's inspirational message of the day... kick ass. I also liked Logan's line about Veronica being a devoted ex-girlfriend.

And wow does Kendall and Logan have some um violence in the bedroom or what lol. But their scenes was good and nice to see Kendall doing something other then doing Logan.

The fight was needed and I think that it will take Logan and Duncan a long time to be OK with one another, regardless of a Veronica issue.

Overall a great eps, though the ending and showing next weeks spoilers don't quite jive... but I'll just have to wait and watch.

Was that Wallace's dad? I thought he died or something? Or maybe his dad did die but it wasn't his biological dad.

Did anyone find it weird that Jackie's Dad picture was there with the famous car that his daugther got hit by w/the reporter. Clearly this man will have to come in to focus being the baseball star of Woody's and his involvement w/the guy that washed up in last week's eps. I wonder if Jackie's Dad and Logan's Dad knew each other since they seem to have the same guy do their car? Food for thought.

Comment

yeah i think that fbi guy is trying to hurt alicia.... terrence cook probably has something to do with curly and aaron or something

Comment

I really don't think he was an FBI guy. Cops don't flash their badges at gut level for half a second. And they certianly don't track down perps by ripping names out of roadside phone books. Whoever he is, that dude is bad news.

Comment

ok so a fake fbi guy wants to find alicia/cher... all i know is that he probably wants to hurt her

Comment

FBI badges are rectangular photo ID - not a bald brass star.

Guy behind the desk should have noticed that the badge didn't have anything on it. No numbers, letters or embossed image.

Mystery guy isn't any kind of law enforcement.
                            Last edited by shelllley; 10-19-2005, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Quotes from 2.3 & Review

Veronica Voiceover: Since most of my extra-curricular activities cannot be divulged under State law my guidance counselor strongly suggested I indulge in a little resume packing.

Dick: Sure you’re not looking for the future boot-lickers of America

Veronica: So who are we exploiting now?
                              Duncan: The workers.
                              Veronica: Excellent. (Veronica kisses Duncan)
                              Logan: And now I’ve lost my appetite.

Veronica Voiceover: It looks like it always looked – the rich get richer and everybody else hopes for scholarships.

Veronica: Unfortunately there are no laws against exploiting rich and horny middle-aged men.

Beaver: I found a condom wrapper under the couch.
                              Veronica: Hardly a smoking gun given your brother’s proclivities

Sacks: Sheriff wants to ask you some questions.
                              Veronica: My answer was final… I will not go to prom with him.
                              Sack: Now.
                              Veronica: Deputy Sacks… take me away.

Veronica: Ok… I confess. God you’re good. I have no idea why I’m here. But I’m sure my Dad was interested to know why you hauled his daughter in and subjected her to the crimebusting stare for no apparent reason.
                              Lamb: He didn’t need to know that you were here… you’re 18 now kiddo… you’re an adult.
                              Veronica: Well that makes one of us. So are you going to tell me why I’m here or should I just sit back and enjoy you impression of a mildly constipated David Caruso?

Veronica Voiceover: Another thing girls love are Jimmy Choo’s, Dolce & Gabana, and convertibles that cost more than the gross national product of Sri Lanka. If she’s a gold digger, she’s doing a pretty bad job of hiding it. But it sure makes my job easier… trailing young Mrs. Kendal is about as hard as following Malibu Barbie to the beach house.

Wallace: Hey… I like her, okay. Retract claws.
                              Veronica: Claws… what claws???

Mr. Pope: Congratulations, FBLAers. You are now worth exactly one million dollars.
                              Logan: What? You mean I've lost money? Heads will roll.

Logan: Didn’t plug her right the first time… huh???

Logan: Actually I disagree with Nurse Ratchett I think Veronica would have been quite impressed. Probably a little turned on too.
                              Duncan: Careful Logan, you’re exposing yourself to underbelly.
                              Logan: My underbelly is rock hard… it can go all night.
                              Duncan: You lost her, I didn’t steal her.
                              Logan: Oh hell with Veronica. She’s in the rearview mirror. Where were you this summer man?
                              Duncan: What do you mean?
                              Logan: Oh remember? There was this little situation – I was accused of murder. I am the eye of a storm and I never heard from you. It is a war out there and you’re on the sidelines. Do you remember when you used to have my back?
                              Duncan: Yeah wait I do remember this summer. I was dealing with this thing – what was it? Oh yeah, I remember now, your dad murdered my sister.
                              Nurse: The principal’s waiting young man.
                              Logan: I hate him too you know.
                              Nurse (to Logan): I’m sorry, does that sting?

Veronica (to Kendall): And your ass looks totally awesome by the way.

Keith: I like being that guy. I’d love to have underlings and deputies other than my daughter. She’s really no good at wrestling the hopped up meth heads into the back of the car.

Logan: Oh sweet son of man saved by the bell.
                              Kendall: Veronica? Is my little boy cheating on me?
                              Logan: Just someone from school.
                              Kendall: Ohhhh… a schoolgirl.
                              Logan: Yeah.
                              Kendall: Should we invite her over??? I got a boy toy… a girl toy might spice things up a little.
                              Logan: I can handle the spice department… thank you very much.

Logan’s Machine: This is Logan with today’s inspirational message. “To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose the next best.” William M. Thackeray.

Logan: That one’s less a girlfriend… and more a playmate… sort of.

Veronica: Don’t take it the wrong way Logan, it was a job, nothing more.
                              Logan: Right and so you storm out in a burst of professionalism.

Logan: If this is what you call storming out, I’m not sure you understand the concept.

**************************************************

Surprisingly enough (said with complete sarcasm) what it takes to get Veronica back into Uber-Veronica mode (as LLM likes to call it - I think) is a b***chy 09er girl, a snarky Logan, and a big-a** mystery. And so, I continue to hope that our much belove snarky Logan will return in upcoming episodes.

This episode begins to return to our loved VM format, Veronica beginning to snark out, mysteries galore, and reduced exposition. The highlight of the episode was certainly the fight between Logan and Duncan. Once again Logan is the character who tells the truth... said it before... but he says what hurts the most to others. And Duncan, as boring as he can be, is forced to react. Some classic Logan snark lines such as the "plug", "rock-hard", "spice" lines.

My biggest concern with this episode and this season in general is the sell out gimmickyness of many episodes. With the big returning guest stars of CC & SG (who work very well), the Kevin Smith appearance (which was funny but a bit of a gimmick with perhaps too much focus), the upcomming arrival of Joss Whedon and return of Alyson Hannigan, the pitifullly horrible guest appearance of lead singer of the Dandy Warhols this episode, and the upcoming appearances of other bands... I'm very nervous. The gimmicks wouldn't be so bad if they were well executed, which most have been. But after this episode with the horrible karaoke scene I fear upcomming gimmicky guest appearances.

I'm looking forward to see the jealousy arrise in the next episode "Green-Eyed Monster"... I'm certain VM is going to be dealing with her new knowledge about Logan and Wallace's attachment to Jackie.
                              Last edited by yellowqueen22; 10-19-2005, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I didn't even know who the singer was so to me the gimmick went over my head. I love Trina and am glad she'll be back. The over use of gimmicks always concerns me. I think the episode marks the beginning of the show getting back on track. Let's hope so at least. As always your reviews are fair and thought provoking.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎