Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars on DVD (All Seasons Discussion)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping for (even) more extras - commentaries and stuff.

Comment

At this point, I'll take interveiws with the cast and crew and the details behind how the show came to be and that would be enough. Well, let us not forget trailers.

Comment

Not to mention, the full versions of every episode in season 1.

If it's anything like Buffy, their will be another 10 minutes/episode cut out due to time constraints.

Comment

yeah something weird happened in buffy: i watch all the episodes in order on FX, and then one episode, they showed important stuff from other episodes, and they showed something that i had no idea what it was, but i watched all the episodes already! yea i hope they add the deleted scenes

Comment

A lot of the Buffy episodes are edited because they ran slightly longer when initially aired... usually the WB or UPN agreed to reduce commercials for that particular episode... not by a lot mind you. In syndication, there are generally more commercials, not less, so they do the nifty time compression thingy. Alot of shows are edited for time in syndication... but not generally in repeat.

Comment

in the repeats on fx when like someone is talking they just cut to a stupid car commercial and dont show where it left off... so i miss like a minute of something.. thats why the repeats are annoying to watch, but i still want to watch them

ok thats off topic....

so lets talk about the dvd

Comment

Veronica Mars Season 1 DVD available October 11th!

The DVD for the first season comes out in 2 days, October 11th. You should all go buy it and tell everyone you know about it because it's the best show on television right now and people have to watch it! You never get tired of watching these episodes and you can hook more people!

Comment

it costs about $40 on amazon.com.... i can't wait till it comes out, because i haven't seen some episodes

Comment

I pre-ordered them, but I have to wait an extra week because I also pre-ordered Batman Begins(out Oct. 18th) in the same order.

Comment

I've stickied this thread so that discussion about the DVDs can all go in one place. If you're going to buy the DVDs from Amazon, be sure to do so off the link on the home page of Neptunesite =)

Comment

Here's a little review of the DVD set by Joss Whedon: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/review/...115,1114734_21|111120||0_0_,00.html

Comment

Any UK people with a Region1 DVD player, can buy it on CD-Wow.com for £29.99.

I was thinking about getting it, im not sure though.

Comment

amazon completly sucks for preorders. i will never do it again, i pre-ordered VM DVD set with other stuff [that was already released], and every other site i have pre-ordered from, i have gotten the set about a week before the release date, once it was a month. but amazon doesn't even ship the stuff til the day of or days after it comes out. its crazy, and completly stupid to preorder from them..

Comment

well if u preordered the vm dvd a month early it wont come the next day!! and the dvds arent supposed to get shipped before the dvd comes out.. well i have no idea about the shipping stuff, but it wouldnt be crazy if the dvd came the day it came out

Comment

I'm so excited for the DVDs. I only started watching reruns in the summer, so I haven't even seen all the episodes yet! Is it cheaper on Amazon.com? Cause I would have to pay $50 at Future Shop.

P.S. I'm in Canada....so the shipping and handling costs will probably be outrageous.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎