"Mortal" Reviews and Recaps

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triplet I just read that you are one of a triplets sisters. Im am one as well, however we don't are identical triplets. We are two brother and one sister. My sister don't watch anyrthing that I do, mostly me and my brother are the ones that like some of the same things. He watch Smallville because he says I dragged him, but yeah he is obssesed with Harry Potter, Im not and we definetly don't think alike or act alike wih like you said I hate when twins are represented as equals because that is not true at all. By the way enjoyed your review, I agree with most of it.
    Last edited by cayayofm; 10-09-2005, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrchrisieclass
      i liked your review but like the last one it was a love letter to clark/tom welling. i know hes the star of the show but he is one of three leads. its smallville -not the tom welling showcase
      It's not?

Tom is without question THE lead in this show. The whole premise of the show revolves around HIS character.

In a triangle of the Big 3, Tom is definitely at the top. I love Lex and Lana, a lot, but I don't think their roles are comparable to Clark's in terms of this show.

Comment

Originally posted by mrchrisieclass
        i liked your review but like the last one it was a love letter to clark/tom welling. i know hes the star of the show but he is one of three leads. its smallville -not the tom welling showcase
        Yeah, I'm an ashamed Tom Welling fan. You've found me out.

I will bust on Tom when I feel it's warranted. He doesn't always put out a good performance so I will call him on it when he does.

I'm not totally in awe of him, but so what if I am?

Craig's main aim in getting a new reviewer was to get someone who has no ship preferences. I don't "ship," per se, and I'm pretty fair so he's happy with my reviews.

Anyone who makes Clark happy is okay with me.

So I loved both Unsafe and Mortal because he was happy in both of them, for a time anyway. And I even loved the episodes back in the first season when, for a time, he was happy being with Chloe.

When he's happy, I'm happy and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

If you have a problem with my pro-Clark/pro-Tom bias, maybe you shouldn't read my reviews. But don't think I'll give him a pass just because I'm his fan. If he ever falls flat on his face, I'll be sure to mention my disappointment.

Originally posted by cayayofm
        Triplet I just read that you are one of a triplets sisters. Im am one as well, however we don't are identical triplets. We are two brother and one sister. My sister don't watch anyrthing that I do, mostly me and my brother are the ones that like some of the same things. He watch Smallville because he says I dragged him, but yeah he is obssesed with Harry Potter, Im not and we definetly don't think alike or act alike wih like you said I hate when twins are represented as equals because that is not true at all. By the way enjoyed your review, I agree with most of it.
        Cool. I have never "met" another triplet aside from toddlers I ran into once, so I hope to see you around.

I think most singletons think it's no big deal but like I said, it was something that may have bothered me because of my unique perspective on the issue.

I'm glad you liked my review.

Originally posted by Serene
        It's not?

Tom is without question THE lead in this show. The whole premise of the show revolves around HIS character.

In a triangle of the Big 3, Tom is definitely at the top. I love Lex and Lana, a lot, but I don't think their roles are comparable to Clark's in terms of this show.
        Thanks, Serene!

I had forgotten to thank you for helping out with editing chores.

Your help is always appreciated.

And Yep: this show is all about Clark for me.

I'm not looking forward to the three or four less-Clark centric episodes that will likely be coming up surrounding his directing stint actually.

The show is about Clark Kent.

Last edited by triplet; 10-09-2005, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Triplet, besides the annoyance of the twins depicted in this episode, I was wondering if you found anything else "negative" about the episode.

I'm only asking out of curiosity -- I, in fact, really enjoyed this episode.

Originally posted by triplet
          And Yep: this show is all about Clark for me.

I'm not looking forward to the three or four less-Clark centric episodes that will likely be coming up surrounding his directing stint actually.

The show is about Clark Kent.

See, I'm actually looking forward to it immensely. Not only will we get a glimpse of Tom Welling's work behind the camera, but we may get a more in-depth look at how the other characters feel about/respond to Clark Kent. To me, this aspect of the show is as interesting to me as CK himself.

Comment

Obviously everyone has the right to their own opinion but its hard not to love or root for Clark. Afterall he is Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by ryb
              Triplet, besides the annoyance of the twins depicted in this episode, I was wondering if you found anything else "negative" about the episode.

I'm only asking out of curiosity -- I, in fact, really enjoyed this episode.
              Hmmm.... I don't like John Schneider's new longer hair, and I didn't like the make-up on the twins either and the sheriff's hair coulda been better....

Complaining about make-up and hair is kinda picky and I didn't feel strongly enough about it to mention it in the review anyway, so I didn't mention those.

I thought the fight between Lex and Clark was great for the most part, but that bit where Clark threw Lex to the floor was kinda strange. I'm not really sure why I thought it seemed weird, it just did. Since I couldn't verbalize why I didn't like it would be hard for me to include it in the review....

It just seemed strange for some reason. Maybe it broke the flow in some way, it was kinda stuck in the middle and it created a pause in the confrontation.

:shrug:

Comment

episode recap

I just started working nights and forgot to set a tape for last wednesday's ep. can anyone give a kind of step by step recap of what went on. please, i haven't missed an episode since season 2 (out of town). thanks.

Comment

Just read triplets review. She recaps everything.

Comment

Synopsis + Review of Mortal

This is an excellent recap of the entire episode followed by a small but satisfying review.

Comment

Re: "Mortal" Reviews and Recaps

Nevermind...
                      Last edited by triplet; 10-10-2005, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: My Mortal Review

[QUOTE]Originally posted by triplet
                        [B]No, I think he was just caught off-guard so it didn't bother me.

I'm not sure he was so much being obtuse (which I think implies more an inability to learn, rather than not knowing something). He was just not used to doing things the way Chloe does them... it was a new experience for him.

To help Chloe he had to be a more flexible thinker than he is. Clark had to think more out of the box than he usually does. He's more of a linear thinker, normally, but by the end of the episode he'd learned to think through the problems without having to resort to brute strength.

I thought using the grenade and shorting out the house's electrical connection were very creative solutions to the problems he faced and Clark did all that on his own. Chloe didn't show him how to do that, she wasn't even there.

He learned.

Sorry that I can't completely agree with you. The fact that he did something with the tools given him (besides the grenade, I am also refering to Chloe's bit of imparted wisdom) did not go completely unoticed by me, but I will let an earlier posting of mine try to convey my thoughts on this......although please keep in mind that this isn't really a reply to your post, but it still conveys my view on what we are talking about.

"Sometimes it's easier just to turn the power off".....come on let's be fair......sure he learned, but that wasn't completely an original idea. And who was the one who was always prepared.....yeah, that's right it wasn't Clark. Give him some credit yeah, but to me he's still a BDA........Chloe had to pratically hit Clark over the head (actually, that Sledge hammer might have come in handy again) before he put 2 and 2 together and figured out that someone was watching them. Ahhhh....light dawns on marble head. Then again it might be more correct to say Clark has Kryptonite for Brains. Chloe's trying to tell him this, but he just continued to treat her as if she was still a love sick puppy who refused to let go of the past (*like I said Obtuse ). Clarks naivete' worked in the first three seasons....now it doesn't....and the fact that age wise he doesn't look his age.....makes it appear all that much worse.

*now back to this post

Chloe did show him the way (not literally, sure, he had to figure some of it out), and yes he did resort to brute strength....smashing the fuse box, and giving the villain a serious right cross to the chin. But at least he was working smarter not harder. Who knows, he may even be able to keep up with the Caped Crusader someday.....if he hangs around Chloe long enough.
                        Last edited by CK&CK; 10-10-2005, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Re: My Mortal Review

I would love to hear what people thought of my review of Mortal.

Check out my review here:

Aside from the twins thing, I loved this episode but I think a lot of people disagree so I'd love to hear why...
                          Triplet - Great review. It was interesting to hear your take on the twin storyline. Since I am not a twin, that's not something I would have thought of, but I can see how the twin thing would be annoying.

Although I am not a big fan of Clark and Lana, I agree that her role in Superman lore is that of Clark's first love/girlfriend. So, seeing them finally together is a relief. Hopefully they will they give them at least few episodes together and happy. I just think that Chloe is a better match for Clark. I hope they explore that again before the end of the series.

And you're right - the "superwhining" line was a classic.

Keep up the great reviews!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: My Mortal Review

Originally posted by CK&CK
                            Chloe did show him the way (not literally, sure, he had to figure some of it out), and yes he did resort to brute strength....smashing the fuse box, and giving the villain a serious right cross to the chin. But at least he was working smarter not harder. Who knows, he may even be able to keep up with the Caped Crusader someday.....if he hangs around Chloe long enough.
                            Well, I think he changed so we'll have to agree to disagree...

He was working smarter, not harder...

Always a good thing.

Originally posted by pearlap
                            Triplet - Great review. It was interesting to hear your take on the twin storyline. Since I am not a twin, that's not something I would have thought of, but I can see how the twin thing would be annoying.
                            Well, I've heard from a few people here and in PM about it and I think most multiples cringe when that stuff comes around, so I think it's not just me.

My triplet sister that watches Smallville said it didn't bother her, so I guess not all multiples even don't like it. She thought it added to how creepy they were...

:shrug:

But then again she thinks I'm crazy for liking Smallville as much as I do but she's obsessed with Angel and David Boreanaz, so I think it's her sanity that might be in question...

Although I am not a big fan of Clark and Lana, I agree that her role in Superman lore is that of Clark's first love/girlfriend. So, seeing them finally together is a relief. Hopefully they will they give them at least few episodes together and happy. I just think that Chloe is a better match for Clark. I hope they explore that again before the end of the series.
                            You know, I was "talking" with someone about that...

Lana always bothered me when she was with Clark. I think it was mostly the whining about him lying to her or keeping secrets because I actually liked her in this episode with Clark.

That great onscreen chemistry between Tom and Kristin gets ruined when Lana gets all uptight about Clark not being completely honest with her.

This episode showed that great chemistry off without all the emotional hangups of Lana's or, worse, of Clark's.

They're happy and I think it's great for right now. We know it won't last, so we gotta enjoy seeting a happy Clark for as long as we can get him.

And you're right - the "superwhining" line was a classic.
                            Yep... it's on my smallville quote of the week white board at work, actually.

(I have this huge whiteboard outside my cubicle at work and I feel the need to put something on it, so I started putting Smallville "quotes of the week" on it... I'm such a geek. Anyway, that one made it this week.)

Keep up the great reviews!
                            Thanks... I'll try.
                            Last edited by triplet; 10-11-2005, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Aside from the twins thing, I loved this episode but I think a lot of people disagree so I'd love to hear why...
                              God review! And, by the way, I can understand your twin sister very well, since I myself am an Angel fan!!!! Big time!
                              But I am also just as much into Smallville as I am into Angel so I can balance!

Comment

My little sisters are twins and they weren't offended at all..... maybe lex just amped they're abilities together.... they just looked at it as a type of super-villian only twins could do and so just made them a little more original... hardly felt it was a stereotype.. and i'm pretty sure I can give Smallville's viewers the credit to know twins dont feel eachothers pain or finish eachothers sentences lol...

The rest of your review was bang on though... in my opinion...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎