No announcement yet.

Chloe in the FOS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chloe in the FOS

Something struck me as curious the other day after watching Arrival for the umpjillion time. Chloe is in Clarks arms as Jor-El is warning him not to leave. Jor-El mentions Clarks destiny and calls him Kal-El and so on.

Later, in the hospital, Chloe's only inquery(about the FOS) was "what was really happening in that 40 story igloo?" Nothing specific about Kal-El or any thing that Jor-El mentions.

So, my question is: Are we to assume that Chloe heard that conversation, Chloe was too "out of it" to hear, or only Clark could hear Jor-El?

What do you think?

Good question's.

I dont really know but they keep giving insite to a "non-comic" character. Something tells me that when this is all said n' done Chloe may be the one character that gets killed off..... When he (sups) enters into the DCU.

Comment

Any number of things can be speculated on these facts. Let's just wait and see, shall we?

Comment

My quess is that eigher Chloe was to far out of it to hear anything or that only Clark could hear Jor-el. Because if not, Chloe would surely have picked up some vibes from the conversation that Clark is not from this planet.

Comment

Clark can't be the only one who hears Jor-El. Jonathan heard and spoke to him in Exile. I actually think only the person Jor-El is addressing at the moment can hear him. Examples of this:

1)In Calling, Clark heard Jor-El talk to him while having that discussion with Lana, but she never heard it.

2)In Legacy, Jor-El sent Jonathan that "I'm Waiting" message that Clark did not hear and only knew about because Dr. Swann intercepted the high frequency message.

3)In Covenant, Jor-El was addressing Clark & Kara, but when Jonathan showed up, he was also being addressed.

From this, it seems like anyone outside of Jor-El's posse (Clark, Jonathan, Kara, and probably now Lionel) can't hear him. I would think that Dr. Walden was part of this posse as well and was used by Jor-El to test Clark.

Hey, I heard that there will be an episode called Lexmas. Maybe Jor-El will be the ghost who shows Clark what his life would be like without the color pink ; or show him how Pete would be as Superman.

Comment

I think that Chloe DID hear Jor-El, she just wanted Clark to explain to her what was really going on, since she only heard a small portion of it.

Comment

She may not have heard Jor-El speaking but it is possible that she heard Clark's responses.

Of course , that could lead to some confusion when your friend is talking to himself in a giant igloo while your freezing your ass off.

Comment

Clark can't be the only one who hears Jor-El. Jonathan heard and spoke to him in Exile. I actually think only the person Jor-El is addressing at the moment can hear him. Examples of this:

1)In Calling, Clark heard Jor-El talk to him while having that discussion with Lana, but she never heard it.

2)In Legacy, Jor-El sent Jonathan that "I'm Waiting" message that Clark did not hear and only knew about because Dr. Swann intercepted the high frequency message.

3)In Covenant, Jor-El was addressing Clark & Kara, but when Jonathan showed up, he was also being addressed.

From this, it seems like anyone outside of Jor-El's posse (Clark, Jonathan, Kara, and probably now Lionel) can't hear him. I would think that Dr. Walden was part of this posse as well and was used by Jor-El to test Clark.

Hey, I heard that there will be an episode called Lexmas. Maybe Jor-El will be the ghost who shows Clark what his life would be like without the color pink ; or show him how Pete would be as Superman.
                Doh! xrayvision stole my answer.

Comment

Actually what really makes me wonder is...
                  When Chloe was wondering around outside of the FOS why didn't she start to freeze there? why only inside the FOS did she begin to freeze? with so many references to the Superman movies you remember in Superman 2 Clark asks Lois if the temperature is alright for her and she replies with a simple yes... but when Lex and i can't remember her name ms. tanebomb? anyway they were wearing artic gear... just struck me as odd is all

Comment

Hahaa... it's weird that Chloe didn't freeze outside of the FOS. But instead the ice she was lying on kind of melted. Yeah, I know Chloe is hot but ermm...

I think she was frozen while trying to make contact with Clark while Clark was in a learning trance. I think the freeze was some sort of protection but why didn't Chloe freeze outside of the FOS? Isn't it colder outside than inside?

Comment

Well the "Fortess" of "Solitude" ceased to be that once Chloe entered it. It was meant for Clark and Clark only but Chloe got into the way of that. Plenty of characters other than Clark/Kal-El have entered into the FOS and now it is currently inopperative thanks to Brainiac, Doomsday, and Clark's general lack of interest in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.White
                        Well the "Fortess" of "Solitude" ceased to be that once Chloe entered it.
                        LOL funny but true. The show royally screwed up the FOS from the first time we seen it. As I always say I really wish the producers/writers picked up a dictionary and looked up the word Solitude(they should have renamed it the Fortress of Chaos).

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎