Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except Ra's Al Ghul is off limits now.

Legion of Doom is basically where it's at. I think they may be heading toward an Identity Crisis type arc probably with Lois Lane and Superman. I think Lois Lane will find out Clark's identity along with possibly Legion of Doom.

Comment

Cont!nuum:

Mark Hamill, who played The Trickster in CBS' live-action The Flash series, is revisiting the character after 14 years.

Hamill is the voice of The Trickster in the upcoming "Flash and Substance" episode of Cartoon Network's Justice League Unlimited.

Hamill played The Trickster in two episodes of the short-lived The Flash: "The Trickster," which premiered on Feb. 7, 1991; and "The Trial of The Trickster," the series finale which aired on May 18, 1991. Both episodes were written by John Francis Moore and Howard Chaykin.

Hamill, of course, has a long history with Warner Bros. Animation, voicing The Joker.

"When I look back on it now, some of the most interesting and challenging parts I've played have been in animation," Hamill told The Cont!nuum in an interview just before Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker came out. "None of the villains I play think of themselves as villains. Even the Joker is this genius who is frustrated by the fact that no one recognizes his great genius."

The "Flash and Substance" episode of JLU, which also features Batman, Orion and Flash's Rogues Gallery, has yet to be scheduled by Cartoon Network.

Comment

I know, no bat villains is dumb. that's like saying because superman returns is coming out, no lex luthor. Or because a flash movie is being written, no wally or the Flash gallery of rogues.

To be honest, the WB screwed the animation people. Bat villains, especially a tower of babel type story, would kick major butt on JLU. But they won't allow it because of the Batman, which is a far inferior show, with less viewers anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
          I know, no bat villains is dumb. that's like saying because superman returns is coming out, no lex luthor. Or because a flash movie is being written, no wally or the Flash gallery of rogues.

To be honest, the WB screwed the animation people. Bat villains, especially a tower of babel type story, would kick major butt on JLU. But they won't allow it because of the Batman, which is a far inferior show, with less viewers anyway.
          I don't understand it either. Those characters were popular. Why cripple yourself by removing what's been proven to work? So what if you have two Jokers roaming around? Worse comes to worse, you like one but not the other. The way they have it now, you only get one choice... and if you don't like that one, you might be inclined, as I am, to watch nothing instead (aka I don't watch The Batman because it's garbage).

Comment

I really don't get why you can't have multiple versions of continuity. But then again comic book fans are nuts for continuity and get incredibly upset if different comic books conflict. Perhaps this is the source of the problem? Maybe the executives are thinking too much for the hardcore comic book fan?

It's not like people are going to be incredibly confused and expect Ra's Al Ghul to look and act like Liam Neeson.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwookie
              I really don't get why you can't have multiple versions of continuity. But then again comic book fans are nuts for continuity and get incredibly upset if different comic books conflict. Perhaps this is the source of the problem? Maybe the executives are thinking too much for the hardcore comic book fan?
              Executives... thinking too much.... for the hardcore fan.... Think about that for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                Executives... thinking too much.... for the hardcore fan.... Think about that for a second.
                Yeah sounds like an oxymoron but I have to think that these guys are *trying* at least to do a good job. The only logical reason is because 1) they don't want to upset people who watch all the DC properties to get upset with contradictions 2) they don't want to confuse people who watch all the stuff.

What other reasons are there?

Comment

They're stupid.

Just throwing out an observation. I mean, these are the guys that said 175000 dollars a year pay, was hardly enough to pay for food and shelter. Maybe in La, but not here.

Comment

Except Ra's Al Ghul is off limits now.

Legion of Doom is basically where it's at. I think they may be heading toward an Identity Crisis type arc probably with Lois Lane and Superman. I think Lois Lane will find out Clark's identity along with possibly Legion of Doom.
                    Question for all my comic book knowledge geniuses : Is there any character as of right now that is not off limits. The SV one makes sense to me long ago.

I hope Lois finds out this season, and great news about Mark. Thanks BG

Comment

They're stupid.

Just throwing out an observation. I mean, these are the guys that said 175000 dollars a year pay, was hardly enough to pay for food and shelter. Maybe in La, but not here.
                      I think it comes down to standard of living and keeping up with the Joneses. 40% roughly in taxes...mortgages, property taxes, car payments, private schools, day care, etc. That stuff adds up.

You want a comfortable lifestyle with a family and you need two earners in an upper middle class family.

Comment

Originally posted by Summers
                        Question for all my comic book knowledge geniuses : Is there any character as of right now that is not off limits.
                        I'm not sure what you mean by "any character". Do you mean are there any Bat-Rogues that can still be used? As far as I know, the only Bat-Rogue that they are allowed to use on JLU is apparently Clock King.

Other than that, it seems that Aquaman, the Aqua-family, and all his Rogues are out... the Bat-family minus Alfred, and all Batman's Rogues are out minus Clock King... any member of the Teen Titans or their Rogues are out... and, I'm not sure about this one anymore but I remember when the episode Legends came out that they weren't allowed to use the names of the JSA characters or their Rogues. I think that's changed since then, but that's something to remember.

Oh, and also Blue Beetle is a no-no. And I'm pretty sure, despite having mentioned his name, that they're not going to be showing Plasticman either. Of course, that could just be because they chose Elongated Man, but it seems strange that they would mention a hero by name but never show him. That smells fishy to me.

I think I got all of them that we know of.

Comment

Oh, bwookie, i'm talking per person in a duel income home. They feel a combined income of 350000 dollars isn't enough to live even moderately comfortably. Granted, you're not gonna be in an LA mansion, but you can buy a decent house with that money and pay it off relatively quickly out there. THe cost of living, last i knew, was about 130,000 a year. Making almost three times that should be enough, but not in hollywood.

And not to mention these are the guys that htink sleepy farm communities in the middle of kansas, where everyone knows each other, have 45,001 people living there. That makes the place about as big as where i live. We have 7 fire stations, a police force of over 100 people, a mall, restaurants galore, subdivisions out the ying yang, and a whole crap load of other stuff. It's not a huge city, but's it definately no leafy little hamlet where everyone knows everyone else.

Comment

HalJordan,

Yeah I'm not really defending them. It is a pretty silly comment when most people make far less on avg. But when seeing things from the expensive lifestyle that they and their social circle live in I can see how they would think it not enough money.

45000 is a pretty decent sized town. With the police infrastructure we've seen and their tiny jail I'd figure the more realistic number of residents would be around 10000.

Comment

Or because a flash movie is being written, no wally or the Flash gallery of rogues.
                              I bet as soon as that movie gets put into production, we'll see even less Flash on JLU. Maybe that's why they're making "Flash and Substance"; they're trying to get everyone "Flash-related" onto the show.
                              It's not like people are going to be incredibly confused and expect Ra's Al Ghul to look and act like Liam Neeson.
                              Perhaps, but I'd love to see an animated version of Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow.

Comment

glad i got Cartoon Network's Boomerang channel so i can watch batman the animated series and superman the animated series every nightfrom 12am to 1am (eastern time). by the way the kidsWb's "the batman" doesn't exist in my book. BRING BACK THE CLASSICS.

Perhaps, but I'd love to see an animated version of Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow. [/B][/QUOTE]

that scarecrow didn't put much of a fight at all. Get me the old one, then we'll see.
                                Last edited by KANE POUND $QUAD; 09-28-2005, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎